Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne

Surgeries for Letang, Nieto and Ludvig. Letang is out 8 weeks, Ludvig is out 4-6 months and Nieto is out 6-7 months. Think this firmly ends the Nieto experiment.
That was the injury that made Letang play like a complete moron? I highly doubt that

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
All of this is good news.
Nieto is shit and now won't block a bottom-six spot.
Ludvig is overrated by the fanbase because he hits, and people associate that somehow with success. His primary job is to defend. The dude was a -12 in 33 games. Garbage.
I'm more interested in St. Ivany and Shea.
Most importantly Letang will be ready for training camp, easily.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Lol what? We have the best goaltending and defense out of any of the major national teams and Crosby is going to be old as hell.
There's McDavid, Mac, Reinhart, Bedard, Point, Barzal, Suzuki, etc... Canada's weakness is not at Center.
If they lose to USA it's cuz of Sullivan, the D depth and goaltending. Winger depth is probably pretty close between the teams.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's not what I said. I said it's not the area of disparity to be focused on. It's not about Crosby.
But yeah, Canada has the edge at C.

McDavid isn’t a winner. Crosby is. Having him potential miss and having McDavid as C will be yet another miss for him needing to step up and play the game that is needed to be a champ.

• Haha
Reactions: DearDiary

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
USA Hockey doesn't have much of a choice for coaches. The only active American head coaches in the NHL are Sullivan, Tortorella, Laviolette, and Hynes. There's also David Quinn.

Laviolette bombed in 2006. Torts bombed in the World Cup of Hockey in 2016.

Plus, Sullivan never truly got the chance to coach the team the previous time around because the NHL didn't go to Beijing due to COVID.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like Ludvig as much as St. Ivany. His +/- is deflated because he tended to get in the lineup during rough stretches and it was just the opposite for St. Ivany. And 23/24 year old D do tend to get better.

We’ll need both anyway.

Also forgot that he was more frequently playing the wrong side.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad