Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Okay, @RobRossi uses HFPens

Cause we're literally the only place calling for Sullivan

And we've been the only place for four years

Sounds to me like someone is mad they just lost their only source on the team.

Now we're all Rob has left. Sorry, Rob. You'll always have "per league sources" that you can put right before whatever made up garbage you're about to spew like their rest of your dunderheaded ilk. Don't despair.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
But it's easy to talk about and sum it up when you just talk about media day; we're sitting here, and I'm supposes to be the Face of the NHL, and we're in here talking about media day. I mean, listen, we're talking about media day. Not a game! Not a skills competition! Not a game! We're talking about media day. Not a skills competition; not a game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last, not the game, we're talking about media day, man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about media day. I know I'm supposed to be here, I know I'm supposed to lead by example, I know that. And I'm not shoving it aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do. But we're talking about media day, man. What are talking about? Media day? We're talking about media day, man!

We're talking about media day! We're talking about media day.... We ain't talking about the skills competition! We're talking about media day, man! When you come to the rink, and you see me play.....You see me play. Don't you?

-Sidney Crosby(probably)
A.I. never won a championship, not to mention three. (maybe he needed more practice??)

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Mouth breather take

That's such a f-ing embarrassing take. Mike Sullivan gets paid millions to coach, and if he did get fired he'd get hired somewhere else pretty much immediately. And probably make even more money in the process.

Reirden will have no trouble finding another job in hockey either.

Yohe and Rossi are such embarrassments

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Good. Now bring in a coach for the staff who has the potential to push Sullivan to change things, or otherwise supplant him as head coach moving forward.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Rossi's take is also extremely hypocritical because the media are the ones who circle players like vultures whenever they think a guy is gonna get traded or bought out.

Not just that but literally WTF is he even talking about?

Where is this massive foam-at-the-mouth contingent of Penguins fans screeching for coach blood after every game? Shit man... this half-dopey fanbase can't even get a "FIRE THE ASSISTANT" chant going FOR THEIR OWN SPORT.

If anything this team's fans are far too content to play the "appeal to authority" card til the end of time. Reirden was literally the lowest of the low hanging fruits and it still took weeks to fire him when he shoulda been gone bare minimum halfway through this past year and THAT is extraordinarily generous by my estimation.

If Rob Rossi is a big NHL coaching fan (lol can you think of anything more pathetic?) then he's in the right market. He's just too dumb to realize it.

Last edited:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
@Nfumass was the lone vote for Assistant Stay and said Sully Stay

Hmmm...

Only 140 of us voted in some form of coaching changes (and i think we got two choices, so, that number might be generous)

We couldnt even sell out a single section

I assume X and Reddit are no better

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Maybe if the fans were actually "vitriolic", Sullivan would have taken the hint and left already.

Rossi and Yohe's extremely sycophantic behavior makes me wish their idol would go coach some Canadian team and face some actual, gasp, criticism, from the media.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Rossi uses his “identity” as a crutch to lean on when posting/interacting with fans. I cannot stand the way he passive-aggressively tweets.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Always bully your favorite team's owners, coaches and GMs. Always bully your politicians. ezpz

This team's whole slogan for game nights is a saying by a coach from like 35 years ago. If you do your job, the city of Pittsburgh and its fans will idolize you forever. If you fail at your job, you will be criticized (eventually, I guess, in Sullivan and Bylsma's case).

Anyway yeah, if there's some serious friction going on with Sullivan now that ol' Todd's been fired, see if a trade can be worked out. Sullivan can eat shit if he's unhappy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That tweet by Rossi is one of the dumbest things I've ever said. Sports are entertainment, and players and coaches are paid a lot of money to entertain fans. If fans aren't entertained, they are completely within their rights to want changes.

This "you want to ruin poor old Todd's life!!!" take that Rossi put out is just a downright idiotic argument to make. No, people want the Penguins to be good and he sucked at his job. Do you argue that a mechanic that is no longer fixing your car shouldn't be fired because "you want to ruin his life"? No, you go find a new mechanic that actually does the job.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Maybe if the fans were actually "vitriolic", Sullivan would have taken the hint and left already.

Rossi and Yohe's extremely sycophantic behavior makes me wish their idol would go coach some Canadian team and face some actual, gasp, criticism, from the media.
I saw someone wing a 9v battery at the opposing bench in the old civic arena. Maybe we can start doing that again? For old time’s sake?

Also, eat shit Rob, you got chumped by JR.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Wasn't he PensX?
1714770823283.gif

Ive wanted Sully the dip**** gone for 4 years.

Obviously I hated sleepy Hextall more, but I hated that turd from day one, not a year or so later like the local media.

Last edited:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
The "associate" coach was such a stupid f***ing Dwight Shrute title anyway.

But now that the "associate" position is open, here comes David Quinn!

"President of Hockey Operations" is stupid too. Why not just change it to "I'm the GM, but I'm better and more special than a regular GM."

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The "associate" coach was such a stupid f***ing Dwight Shrute title anyway.

But now that the "associate" position is open, here comes David Quinn!

"President of Hockey Operations" is stupid too. Why not just change it to "I'm the GM, but I'm better and more special than a regular GM."
The PoHO is still searching for the perfect GM.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Okay, @RobRossi uses HFPens

Cause we're literally the only place calling for Sullivan

And we've been the only place for four years

I think I confirmed this back during the "F3" days through a mutual acquaintance that knew him from school. It came up during conversation and I might have mentioned the discussion here that he's a f***ing clown. The mutual acquaintance said he (Rossi) was well aware of it.

Hi Rob!

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I think I confirmed this back during the "F3" days through a mutual acquaintance that knew him from school. It came up during conversation and I might have mentioned the discussion here that he's a f***ing clown. The mutual acquaintance said he (Rossi) was well aware of it.

Hi Rob!
Just looked for - but couldn't find - that video of him in his dopey haircut wandering around the bowels of the arena muttering about the F3 like it was some kind of mystery.

To write about a sport you should have at least played enough to understand simple concepts like that. It's certainly not rocket science.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad