*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzys

Dec 12, 2010
only my list of d-man to get in order
wr pay attention

1. koekkoek
2. nurse
3. Pelech
4. Carrick - mississauga
5. Carrick - plymouth

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I will find out about the card situation on wed or thurs

like I said no NHL may have been the reason,Bezuch,and either Alonge or Brown who I beleive is on an A-developemental card because he was 1 of the 4 16 year olds registered with the league

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Bezuch had to have been wasted. I can't imagine giving Brown one, he had to be on a Jr. B floater. I'd guess Bezuch and Alonge.

Anyways that sucks. But it also means we have one trade left and if WR wants to bring in a defenceman, it means a defenceman is going out and likely only picks as well. Pretty much has to be Bateman and picks at this point.

Also means DiGuissippe isn't even in consideration to come over now.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I will find out about the card situation on wed or thurs

like I said no NHL may have been the reason,Bezuch,and either Alonge or Brown who I beleive is on an A-developemental card because he was 1 of the 4 16 year olds registered with the league

I won't roast him for it but if they want to be a contender next year he has to manage the card situation much better next year. At least we know guys like Bezuch, Alonge, McNaughton shouldn't be around next year. They got nothing from the above mentioned 3 you can throw in Clark into that mix. They will have to make a decision about a guy like Bowen as well.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Bezuch had to have been wasted. I can't imagine giving Brown one, he had to be on a Jr. B floater. I'd guess Bezuch and Alonge.

Anyways that sucks. But it also means we have one trade left and if WR wants to bring in a defenceman, it means a defenceman is going out and likely only picks as well. Pretty much has to be Bateman and picks at this point.

Yes I agree Bezuch,and either Alonge or Ionin who played 2 games {exh}

But then all teams use cards that could have been better utilized even London with

Restoule and Nevins,the differnce being they still have 4 cards left

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
mabye we will see batemen get traded just for picks like they did with grant webermen

If they do they will get a d man for sure

Wont be easy to find a team to take on the edc pkg unless said team takes

the designation only and Windsor pays if the player bombs out and does not go on to play pro hockey

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Somehow I don't think the exhibition games count... Rychel might be up to some trickery.

If thats the case not saying u are wrong then based on my count its Brown who would be the one as he is on an A-dev card

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

Otto WR can make more than one trade even if he has only one card left. He can only receive one player. He could trade Ebert or/and Bateman for draft picks. He could then trade Marchese + picks for the D-man he wants.( Slater Koekkoek).

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Basically the mission of Warren is to trade Bateman and however many picks necessary to get a top four defenceman who will be back next year. I don't think we have a shot at Koekkoek as the Petes are saying five teams have made offers for him. We just don't have the players to get it done - especially with only one card left and no real depth to trade multiple players and create another hole.

Regarding next year, we won't know about any Americans coming over until after the Memorial Cup hosting gig has been rewarded. So we need to somehow show this squad, as currently constructed, is solid enough to make a play-off run. I think Rychel made this decision to build now too late, but maybe he was waiting for Koko's final decision - but the seven game losing streak is near a back-breaker on the season.

How does the play-off seeding work again? If we finish 7th, would we get the West division winner (assuming London finishes with the best record and get's the 8th seed)? I guess that wouldn't be terrible as with the 7t seed we could avoid Kitchener and Owen Sound in the first round and get Sarnia, Plymouth in the first round.

So we need to catch Saginaw - who could sell Trocheck, and the Soo - who knows what they're going to do. We should be able to catch Saginaw and pass them if they're selling for next year and we've brought. But passing just them means we're getting London in the first round. So we NEED to get at least the 7 seed.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Otto WR can make more than one trade even if he has only one card left. He can only receive one player. He could trade Ebert or/and Bateman for draft picks. He could then trade Marchese + picks for the D-man he wants.( Slater Koekkoek).

Correct. But then we're creating holes in an already shallow roster if we trade multiple players away and only add one.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Your right he can but i doubt he will,as excluding Bilcke Spits only have 21 players on their roster,u do what u said trade 2 or 3 players get 1 back u will have only 19,maybe 20 rostered players
The other 5 players u would put on your playoff roster of 25 would be Brown,Mcnaughton,Graham,Watson and Mccann,plus Kuchmey if the roster is 19 after your proposed moves
Not enough roster flexiability in my view to do what u want to do

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Can't they feasibly have 2 cards left if Khokhlachev doesn't play a game and you trade him for additional assets? I know he won't do that but isn't it possible?

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Kerby Rychel|Alexander Khokhlachev|Alex Aleardi
Chris Marchese|Brady Vail|Josh Ho-sang
Ben Johnson|Michael Clarke|Remy Giftopoulis
Emerson Clark|Ryan Verbeek|Sam Studnicka
(Ty Bilcke - injured)

That's our forwards for better or worse. Nobody else on our roster to move in or call up if there is an injury.

Ebert-Sieloff
Posa-Murphy
Sanvido-Bateman
Bowen
(McNaughton and Brown can be called up)

Seeing as we have Bowen, McNaughton and Brown as 7-8-9 depth, maybe dealing Bateman for a forward wouldn't be completely out of the question. But our top nine are locked in as our top nine, meaning we'd be acquiring a 4th line guy (bumping Verbeek back to Jr B) when Boughner only really rolls three lines anyways, so any of our 4th line dudes are really out "depth players" up front.

Pavelka
DeKort
(Kuchmey - though could only play in 10 games as he's not on an A card)

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
only my list of d-man to get in order
wr pay attention

1. koekkoek
2. nurse
3. Pelech
4. Carrick - mississauga
5. Carrick - plymouth

Dont think Windsor gets any 1 of those,here are some other possibles,with little
cost

Kingston- Kyler Nixon93 born- small but had 7g and 21 a in 68 games last yr
was demoted early in season
Miss- Demelo-93 born,Diodati-93 born,Graves-95 born
Peter- Seymour-93 born good size,tough o/a possiblities
Sarnia-Kuzmyck-93 born- good size,plays simple game

The exception to the little cost is Demelo for which i would offer Bateman and 2 cond 2nds if Demelo plays o/a season,otherwise most can be had cheaplly
and all would be an upgrade on Bateman

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Grasping At Straws

Since WR says we only have one card left we are reduced to speculating on his next move. If the O/A deadline is 12:00PM tomorrow we'll know in short order if Clark or Posa are going or staying. Posa for picks, Clark to the waiver wire. Probably a long shot at best but if WR chose to pick Bailie off the waiver wire room would need to be made for him.(both an O/A & a goalie).
If as expected we see no action by the O/A deadline then I guess we see who WR moves to pick up extra draft picks that can be used to pry a good defense-man loose.
Since we don't have picks to spare I'm guessing he'll try to get some to sweeten the pot when he tries to get the D-man he wants. Lots of twitter chatter about some very good players up for grabs.
Will WR make some deals Wednesday to get the picks for a last minute trade Thursday morning? We do have (2) picks in the Import draft to use as well as the rights to some NCAA players.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Dont think Windsor gets any 1 of those,here are some other possibles,with little
cost

Kingston- Kyler Nixon93 born- small but had 7g and 21 a in 68 games last yr
was demoted early in season
Miss- Demelo-93 born,Diodati-93 born,Graves-95 born
Peter- Seymour-93 born good size,tough o/a possiblities
Sarnia-Kuzmyck-93 born- good size,plays simple game

The exception to the little cost is Demelo for which i would offer Bateman and 2 cond 2nds if Demelo plays o/a season,otherwise most can be had cheaplly
and all would be an upgrade on Bateman

I think WR might trade Bateman for now help - returning next year or not be damned. Something like Bateman and two conditional second rounders for Sefton, with the two picks only conveyed if Sefton was returned to us next year.

Sieloff, Ebert, Murphy, Sanvido, Brown and Bowen would all be penciled in next year - and if we got the Mem Cup gig you give the hard sell to Will Butcher. If we can get Brown enough playing time this year, he could potentially be trade bait this off-season for an OA defenceman - again only if we got the Mem Cup hosting gig.

Spitsfan67*

I think WR might trade Bateman for now help - returning next year or not be damned. Something like Bateman and two conditional second rounders for Sefton, with the two picks only conveyed if Sefton was returned to us next year.

Sieloff, Ebert, Murphy, Sanvido, Brown and Bowen would all be penciled in next year - and if we got the Mem Cup gig you give the hard sell to Will Butcher. If we can get Brown enough playing time this year, he could potentially be trade bait this off-season for an OA defenceman - again only if we got the Mem Cup hosting gig.

Why not look into Adam Pelech I mean offensive touch and just a hard to play agains IDK if he is available but Erie's GM wants to pile up picks and probably add a young player or two.

Send them BATEMAN and we keep his gold package along with TWO 2NDS next Year along with STUDNICKA and two or three later round picks this year and next year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Why not look into Adam Pelech I mean offensive touch and just a hard to play agains IDK if he is available but Erie's GM wants to pile up picks and probably add a young player or two.

Send them BATEMAN and we keep his gold package along with TWO 2NDS next Year along with STUDNICKA and two or three later round picks this year and next year.

While Bassin has said he would like more picks he definitely wont move his best d-man

in Pelech

What i would is trade Bateman to Erie for Patrick Murphy a 95 d-man with some upside

Unfortunately we would have to eat the package in this one both in package and

designation as I doubt Erie would agree to keep another designation ala Marchese

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
NHL Rule change this year Only

NHL RULE CHANGE....

NHL teams can use an underage junior for 5 games without burning year.
Rule reverts to 10 again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad