Official Training Camp Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Do you really want Cole playing on 15 minutes a night rather than 20+ for Peoria?
Do you really want to risk losing Woywitka on waivers and having to rely on Chorney as our first callup?

I know this won't sit well with the Cole fans; but it works best for the team to send Cole back down. He didn't do enough to secure a spot and sitting on the bench doesn't help him.

Out of curiosity, how many practices did you attend?
Because you talk like someone who attended them all.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I hope Strick is right on this one. I'd rather see Cole-Redden than Redden-Woywitka.

Whew...when viewing those two names as they would be seen in a tandem, I shivered in terror. I'm so thankful we're at a place where we're talking about our 7-8th D-man vs top 6.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Do you really want Cole playing on 15 minutes a night rather than 20+ for Peoria?
Do you really want to risk losing Woywitka on waivers and having to rely on Chorney as our first callup?

I know this won't sit well with the Cole fans; but it works best for the team to send Cole back down. He didn't do enough to secure a spot and sitting on the bench doesn't help him.

you can bring guys in too early but you also can bring em in too late, everyone has his time in developement when he is ready to go

don't say he is a top-pairing dman, maybe he fails but, IMO, his time is now.

i'm happy with the pairings for tomorrow

Last edited:

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012

What is it that makes you think he isn't worth a Top 6? His floor is good enough to be a #5 or 6 for his career. His realistic ceiling a #3. Im happy with his on ice performance to say the least and I bet you dont have a valid reason behind Redden or Woywitka being more suited to play Top 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
What is it that makes you think he isn't worth a Top 6? His floor is good enough to be a #5 or 6 for his career. His realistic ceiling a #3. Im happy with his on ice performance to say the least and I bet you dont have a valid reason behind Redden or Woywitka being more suited to play Top 6.

He wasnt so much saying Cole is not capable of playing but he would be able to get more minutes in Peoria. Also Cole is waiver exempt so if he gets sent down we dont have to worry about losing him. Woywitka and Redden will have to clear waivers, if we tried to send Redden down within the next week he is for sure gone. So the only options the Blues have is risk losing Woywitka or send Cole down without risk of losing him.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
He wasnt so much saying Cole is not capable of playing but he would be able to get more minutes in Peoria. Also Cole is waiver exempt so if he gets sent down we dont have to worry about losing him. Woywitka and Redden will have to clear waivers, if we tried to send Redden down within the next week he is for sure gone. So the only options the Blues have is risk losing Woywitka or send Cole down without risk of losing him.
Either way he does not think Cole has enough to be in the Top6. after watching Hitch's interview, he might be right. Hitch says Redden will play once he is up to speed. Obviously that could change but if true, then Cole does not sound as dependable as I thought/would like.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Either way he does not think Cole has enough to be in the Top6. after watching Hitch's interview, he might be right. Hitch says Redden will play once he is up to speed. Obviously that could change but if true, then Cole does not sound as dependable as I thought/would like.
Haven't see the interview you're talking about, but they didn't sign Redden to never play him. I don't think the quote (at least as you're representing it here) really reflects on Cole at all one way or the other.

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
We won't know until Cole gets the opportunity to open the season playing a regular shift. The Blues will give him 8 games or so to determine if he will play regularly or be the 7th man or go back to Peoria.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Acually he signed a PTO, so he was technically released from that.

Yes. he was definitely "released" from his PTO. But if he's not signed to a contract during his tryout, he's never been property of The Blues. It's just semantics. I'd rather say he failed his tryout, rather than The blues released him. It makes us think he was a member of The Blues at one time.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
Finally, seems like this week would never end. So looking forward to this game tomorrow. Seems like this season was never going to start. I'm ready for some hockey. Lets Go Blues!!!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yes. he was definitely "released" from his PTO. But if he's not signed to a contract during his tryout, he's never been property of The Blues. It's just semantics. I'd rather say he failed his tryout, rather than The blues released him. It makes us think he was a member of The Blues at one time.
Wow, are you ever arguing about nothing...

The Blues already released a statement that they released him.

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced the club released defenseman Colin White from his professional tryout Friday.

From the team website.

And right on STL Blues Fan. Tomorrow will feel like Christmas morning. Almost game day!!! Pumped.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Haha. I love the internet. People will argue over anything. To help you guys out, simply put -- he was cut. Common terminology in sports.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Deleted the Tarasenko "discussion" since it seems to have generated more sore spots than humor.

Our esteemed visitors will be pleased to know that Tarasenko has officially made the team, and that sarcasm is still alive and well on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad