OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms out at ‘The NFL Today’ in major CBS shakeup

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins, NHL trade deadline - 1 p.m. Thursday 03.07.24​

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh he was telling great stuff. Just a tad long winded
He pretty much confirmed about Harry what everyone new

I wish Harry was coach of that 1970-71 team

Ironically he left to go into aluminum siding business (that can’t be right )

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reactions: LSCII and mikelvl

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins post the trade deadline - 10 a.m. Wednesday 03.13.24​

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Is anyone listening to the Toucher and Hardy show? I only listen to around 20 minutes of morning shows, and T&H is really hard to listen to. Toucher is just doing dumb voices, and there are constant sex jokes. At some point it seemed like they were discussing women, and which ones they would rather have sex with. Also the stupid Wallach bird jokes never end.

Sometimes new shows just need awhile to find their groove, but this is awful stuff.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Is anyone listening to the Toucher and Hardy show? I only listen to around 20 minutes of morning shows, and T&H is really hard to listen to. Toucher is just doing dumb voices, and there are constant sex jokes. At some point it seemed like they were discussing women, and which ones they would rather have sex with. Also the stupid Wallach bird jokes never end.

Sometimes new shows just need awhile to find their groove, but this is awful stuff.
I turned it off yesterday when Fred suggested Torts broke his hand beating a woman and no one bothered to call him out on it. I hope Torts or someone who knows him heard it and demands an apology.

here is no room for that shit. Between the dumb voices, sex and bodily function jokes, making fun of what happened to producer Nick and going after Wallach I am done with them. If Fred is out on vacation, I might listen b/c I really do like Hardy.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Fred always details whatever topic they are on. He’s getting worse every day. Hardy my be thinking twice about his brand being associated with him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Generally I listen to the podcast of the first hour on spotify on my way to work in the mornings. Sometimes if there's a subject I want to hear more about or a guest, I'll listen to that too later on (I listen to most of Jaffe's weekly interviews). I really feel like Fred's just playing the alpha dog. Hardy came in with his name in the show title and expected to be a 50% co-host like Rich, but Fred's continued to treat it like the Fred Toucher show with Hardy and Wallach as his stooges, so he's been pretty obviously shitting all over any segments Hardy is trying to run lead on as if to say back off.

It's childish, but honestly, I'd rather listen to a Fred Toucher led show than Hardy's boring shit anyway.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Was Hardy always a weirdo loser like Fred when he was on mid day show? Seems like he is falling more and more into Fred’s constant talk about the wierd crap that Fred enjoys. Was wierd to hear Hardy say he had to run the bit they kicked off on Friday about his taste in women by his wife. Would assume that Hardy’s wife see’s Toucher for what he is and is trying to get Hardy to dial it back and not follow Fred. Hardy is on a course to ruin his career like Wallach did by sitting back and being Fred’s b***h.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Mid day is at least bearable, IMO.

Not great, but at least they don’t have Hill, Meggo or Jones.
Gresh is absolute torture to listen too. Wanna bee NFL guy. I have no problem with Hill and his morning show. I little of everything.

Both midday shows are absolute shit.

Jones is a Felger wanna bee and Felger won’t talk to his listeners for more than 20 seconds. We know his schtick.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Gresh is absolute torture to listen too. Wanna bee NFL guy. I have no problem with Hill and his morning show. I little of everything.

Jones is a Felger wanna bee and Felger won’t talk to his listeners for more than 20 seconds. We know his schtick.
Greg Hill’s partners of the show will help you lose IQ points

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Mid day has Fauria and Merloni at times. I like them both more than anyone else on either station.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Zolak and Bertrand is far superior to a show featuring Christian Fauria. A mystery how that guy has held on in his position.

Also, people might hate Felger but him not having patience with callers is his best attribute. Sports talk callers are the worst aspect of sports talk radio. They absolutely suck. Most shows are better off not taking any calls at all.

Was Hardy always a weirdo loser like Fred when he was on mid day show? Seems like he is falling more and more into Fred’s constant talk about the wierd crap that Fred enjoys. Was wierd to hear Hardy say he had to run the bit they kicked off on Friday about his taste in women by his wife. Would assume that Hardy’s wife see’s Toucher for what he is and is trying to get Hardy to dial it back and not follow Fred. Hardy is on a course to ruin his career like Wallach did by sitting back and being Fred’s b***h.
Wallach has no talent. Hardy has talent. He took the money in this new gig. It's Fred's show so whoever was joining him was always following his lead. Hardy is going from a #3 guy to a #2 and I am sure it will take time for him to settle in. Even if the show doesn't end up working I think that will be more on Fred than Hardy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad