OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : It appears that WZLX 100.7 will flip to all sports

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I expect there to be new laws on the books voiding NDA's and puting major limitations on non-compete clauses by the end of the year. there were already rumblings in 2023 that these changes were coming.

I signed an NDA when I left my last employer 20+ years ago. It was 100% un-enforceable, but I adhered to it because I liked my old employer very much and didn't want to hurt their business. My new employer tried very hard to get me to disclose certain secrets (which they swore they'd never do), but I stuck to my guns.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Vince McMahon case is going to change NDA laws as we know them. Though his real problem was that he decided to stop paying the girl after the first hush money payment and that cost him his company and irrevocably ruined his entire reputation.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I signed an NDA when I left my last employer 20+ years ago. It was 100% un-enforceable, but I adhered to it because I liked my old employer very much and didn't want to hurt their business. My new employer tried very hard to get me to disclose certain secrets (which they swore they'd never do), but I stuck to my guns.
Same here. I signed an NDA and a non disparagement agreement when I took a package back in 2018.I adhered to it because like you, I liked my company and I was able to collect severance and unemployment and didn't want to mess that up. No one ever tried to get me to break either agreement but I went to a completely different industry.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Same here. I signed an NDA and a non disparagement agreement when I took a package back in 2018.I adhered to it because like you, I liked my company and I was able to collect severance and unemployment and didn't want to mess that up. No one ever tried to get me to break either agreement but I went to a completely different industry.

I went to the same industry, and had a boss who was obsessed with getting the two biggest vendors to work together. He would have had an easier time getting the Hatfields to work with the McCoys. I used to tell him "Coke and Pepsi aren't getting together to make you a can of Poke, so stop asking me to give up the recipe for either one."

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I went to the same industry, and had a boss who was obsessed with getting the two biggest vendors to work together. He would have had an easier time getting the Hatfields to work with the McCoys. I used to tell him "Coke and Pepsi aren't getting together to make you a can of Poke, so stop asking me to give up the recipe for either one."
Ew lol.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
As someone who has the Disney+/ESPN+ bundle this is surely gonna suck. If there is no option to keep what I have and they force this other stuff on me while upping the price I'm gonna be livid.
I need more details on this merger. I honestly doubt it gets approved due to the anti trust laws.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Subsequent employers have not inquired, but Amazon required an NDA.

And with good reason.

Felger got absolutely body bagged by Mike Lombardi today, was pure bliss to listen to.

How so?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
To me it was Felger being a dickhead like Fred was a complete dickhead to Jim Gray. You don't have to like what a person is saying or agree with it but they are also taking the time to sit down with you and be on your program. You have every right to challenge and be critical during an interview but when it gets to the point it did yesterday it's not an interview at that point. Mazz was silent off in the corner just observing the carnage. I personally hate interviews that get to this point of awkwardness.

I wouldn't say Felger got body bagged because Lombardi did sound foolish on a lot of the points he was trying to make. But there should still be a higher level of acceptance from a host/interviewer during the actual interview. You can at least save the mocking till the guest is gone. That's just how I view it.

I did enjoy hearing Lombardi call him "Fegler"

Reactions: GordonHowe

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I need more details on this merger. I honestly doubt it gets approved due to the anti trust laws.
Who even knows anymore. They allowed the merger of UnitedHealth Group and Change Healthcare to happen. Change Healthcare does billing for practices and providers across all medical specialties and insurances. UnitedHealth Group, the largest insurance carrier in the US, shoot the world, now has direct access to the ways all insurances in the US operate. Antitrust laws don't have much sway when it comes to large mergers, even though they were created to stop monopolies.

Reactions: Alicat

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
To me it was Felger being a dickhead like Fred was a complete dickhead to Jim Gray. You don't have to like what a person is saying or agree with it but they are also taking the time to sit down with you and be on your program. You have every right to challenge and be critical during an interview but when it gets to the point it did yesterday it's not an interview at that point. Mazz was silent off in the corner just observing the carnage. I personally hate interviews that get to this point of awkwardness.

I wouldn't say Felger got body bagged because Lombardi did sound foolish on a lot of the points he was trying to make. But there should still be a higher level of acceptance from a host/interviewer during the actual interview. You can at least save the mocking till the guest is gone. That's just how I view it.

I did enjoy hearing Lombardi call him "Fegler"

Fred was 100% in the right with Jim Gray. Gray was being a huge dick for absolutely no reason after a totally legitimate and benign question.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Fred was 100% in the right with Jim Gray. Gray was being a huge dick for absolutely no reason after a totally legitimate and benign question.
Nah we're never gonna agree on this. The attitude Fred showed in that interview was far worse than anything Jim Gray actually did. He may have sucked as a guest but Fred completely went off the handle. The sole purpose of Fred wanting Jim Gray on was to mock him anyway.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Nah we're never gonna agree on this. The attitude Fred showed in that interview was far worse than anything Jim Gray actually did. He may have sucked as a guest but Fred completely went off the handle. The sole purpose of Fred wanting Jim Gray on was to mock him anyway.

You're dinging Fred for something you think he was gonna do.

I was watching that live as it happened and even in the moment I thought Gray was being a giant ahole. Rich was the one who was even more incredulous, Fred just ended it.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You're dinging Fred for something you think he was gonna do.

I was watching that live as it happened and even in the moment I thought Gray was being a giant ahole. Rich was the one who was even more incredulous, Fred just ended it.
It's absolutely not something I thought he was gonna do. He DID it. And it was quite obvious as the interview unfolded. Fred couldn't handle that Jim Gray didn't play into it. Jim Gray doesn't sit down with Fred Toucher if he knows the purpose of the interview is to mock him. At the time listening to it I felt the same way I did yesterday with Felger. That's not to say Jim Gray isn't a toolbag.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It's absolutely not something I thought he was gonna do. He DID it. And it was quite obvious as the interview unfolded. Fred couldn't handle that Jim Gray didn't play into it. Jim Gray doesn't sit down with Fred Toucher if he knows the purpose of the interview is to mock him.

I legit don't know what you think Fred did wrong in this interview before Gray turned into a huge dbag. He was letting Gray's (lame) jokes breathe without crapping on them and said they're fascinated by him. Rich is the one who then takes over with the question and says Gray is being "secretive." When Fred gets back involved he's trying to course correct in a very professional manner.

Things turn on a dime when Fred correctly points Gray isn't actually answering any questions. If you want to say that's where you fault him fine, we disagree, but at least I can see what you mean. Before that I can't even guess at what you're criticizing him for.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I did a little digging and in MA, non compete agreements are banned for anyone in the broadcasting industry. They are also banned for lawyers, doctors, nurses, social workers and psychiatrists. Nothing is holding Rich back from working immediately in this market. At this point it is either a personal choice or the offers just aren;t there.

*in no way should this be construed as practicing law or giving legal advice*

And yes, that last part is necessary.

Reactions: McGarnagle

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I did a little digging and in MA, non compete agreements are banned for anyone in the broadcasting industry. They are also banned for lawyers, doctors, nurses, social workers and psychiatrists. Nothing is holding Rich back from working immediately in this market. At this point it is either a personal choice or the offers just aren;t there.

*in no way should this be construed as practicing law or giving legal advice*

And yes, that last part is necessary.

There are a bunch of Ethics laws that prevent government workers in certain roles from going to work for companies which have government contracts which may be a conflict of interest (which in my experience only apply to those who don't have the big connections the contractors are looking for). Those are enforceable. But in general, if they ain't paying you, they can't tell you where you can or cannot work. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad