OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Seems like BSJ never really took off. What's the outlook for that site?

Not good - BSJ has been stuck at around 8,000 paid subscribers for several months and travel costs are the killer. I subscribe to both but most won't and while The Athletic is a couple of dollars more a month it also has more inventory.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just out getting gas and callers on TSH are all fired up about Ryan Donato not playing, and Beetle and Zo are feeding into it. I just don't get the outrage. A guy with next to zero professional experience is going to be the difference maker out there? Did they not see the game he played in the series already?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Just out getting gas and callers on TSH are all fired up about Ryan Donato not playing, and Beetle and Zo are feeding into it. I just don't get the outrage. A guy with next to zero professional experience is going to be the difference maker out there? Did they not see the game he played in the series already?
The only way I'd play him is on the PP and maybe some situational Offensive zone starts-Maybe. If he's only giving Wingels 9 minutes,it may be worth it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The only way I'd play him is on the PP and maybe some situational Offensive zone starts-Maybe. If he's only giving Wingels 9 minutes,it may be worth it.

Wingles is out, from what they were saying. It's a return to all the usual lines. Rick Nash back with DK's line, Heinen back in with Riley Nash's line.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Has something worked better in the last few games?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Has something worked better in the last few games?

It would be one thing if they weren't generating good scoring chances. They are. Plenty of them. The issue is that they're simply not converting on them., and given enough opportunities the law of averages will kick in at some point.

Also, as this is a physical series, it makes no sense to put a soft player like Donato out there without giving him some seasoning in the league first. If anything, I could see making an argument about Donato in over Heinen if Heinen were on the DK line, but he's not. He's on the third line, and it's not like you'd put Donato there.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can't speak for the Felger and Mazz listeners but us Dale & Keefe listeners are praying they stop taking calls about the game tonight. The callers are just friggin nuts.

I assume it's more of what I heard earlier? Or some very compelling line talk? Yeah, he-uh is what I'd do. I'd bench Mahchand. He's a gutless punk. I'd also bench behgehrawn, since he ain't doin' nothin' out thea-ah.

Reactions: chizzler

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Anyone have a link to the Jack Edwards interview on Toronto radio today? Heard clips on EEI and he came across as the most sanctimonious gas bag towards Lou Merloni and belittling his major league career because Lou stated that there are concerns about Rask.

Reactions: sarge88

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Anyone have a link to the Jack Edwards interview on Toronto radio today? Heard clips on EEI and he came across as the most sanctimonious gas bag towards Lou Merloni and belittling his major league career because Lou stated that there are concerns about Rask.

I heard it on the ride home as well, and he comes off sounding like a giant dink. Just so smarmy and condescending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad