OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Just for future reference, what does it mean that Darren Dreger was the first to break the Pastrnak contract extension?

Is it more likely that Dreger came to know from J.P. Barry or from the Bruins (Sweeney)?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just for future reference, what does it mean that Darren Dreger was the first to break the Pastrnak contract extension?

Is it more likely that Dreger came to know from J.P. Barry or from the Bruins (Sweeney)?

Could have been either camp.....the Bruins in recent years always break news through Toronto first.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Those are two of the three most likely parties.

Top reporters also are fed info from working stiffs inside NHL HQ.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Could have been either camp.....the Bruins in recent years always break news through Toronto first.

Thanks guys. I was thinking that from Sweeney as GM there isn't a lot of leakage, so I was wondering how we might know in the future something is up. He doesn't seem to indulge the rumor business.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Contracts and trade calls go through the NHL offices in Toronto and that is partly because the NHLPA is also there.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So...thoughts on Ryan Johnston's ability as the PBP guy next to Beers last night?

Personally it seems like it's his to lose.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
He was very nervous at the start but as the game went on he got much better.

I definitely liked him.

Agreed.

It'll interesting to hear Kauffman do it, but I'm not sure I'd like him in that role.

Fenway, any word on who else they are trying out?

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Agreed.

It'll interesting to hear Kauffman do it, but I'm not sure I'd like him in that role.

Fenway, any word on who else they are trying out?

I've heard that there may be a guy coming in to try out from another market, perhaps Chicago's minor league guy.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
So...thoughts on Ryan Johnston's ability as the PBP guy next to Beers last night?

Personally it seems like it's his to lose.

Was it Johnston again tonight? I only heard a few minutes on my way home and it was after they introduced who they were. Whoever it was, he was no Dave Gaucher, but then again, who is?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I agree.

Any word on who else they're trying out Fenway?

Definitely feel like it's Johnston's to lose.

They had one candidate do the game in Quebec on Monday that wasn't broadcast.

I think we may know tomorrow or otherwise wait and see who does the game on Monday against Chicago.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I only heard snippets on the postgame but Ryan did a far better job on Tuesday than Adam did tonight.

I heard some of the first and he said "The Bruins carry the ball-er puck through the zone.".

I have waned Johnston since the job became available.
The man knows his stuff.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
T&R played his 2 calls and they were brutal.

His call of Agostino's goal was way over the top. He was trying too hard.

I hope it is Johnston.

fr0mzer0

Jan 12, 2008
RI
Starting to wonder if we get an announcement of a full time guy this season, or if its going to be a rotating cast of part time PBPers. I almost would rather have that this season instead of rushing and bringing the wrong guy in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad