*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Moving Jack made sense just not now for only a 6th rounder.Jocko knew Murphy was done so keep him for the rest of the year and move him then.We have too many O/A for next year so trading made sense.As for Dundas,we needed some younger D men which we got.I am concerned that our only enforcer is Diapalo. Oh ya DeAngelo also lol

Kuzmyk would have been a healthy scratch every game. Unless there was an injury of course. So for picking up 2 6th rd picks for a guy in a suit is a pretty good deal to me.

SarniaSting101

Aug 9, 2010
Kuzmyk would have been a healthy scratch every game. Unless there was an injury of course. So for picking up 2 6th rd picks for a guy in a suit is a pretty good deal to me.

I can't imagine Kuzmyk would have been a scratch over Nemecek, DiPaulo, Pantziris, or even Chapman on any given day. Kuzmyk may not have the talent of D'Angelo but I never noticed him making the same number of costly mistakes that Anthony makes time and time again. But on the upside, he will play alot more in Erie and will probably be treated much better than he was in Sarnia. Rumor had it he was not one of JB's favorites by any means.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I can't imagine Kuzmyk would have been a scratch over Nemecek, DiPaulo, Pantziris, or even Chapman on any given day. Kuzmyk may not have the talent of D'Angelo but I never noticed him making the same number of costly mistakes that Anthony makes time and time again. But on the upside, he will play alot more in Erie and will probably be treated much better than he was in Sarnia. Rumor had it he was not one of JB's favorites by any means.

IMO I would not play him over Pantziris and for sure Chapman.There is nobody on the Sarnia team D-man that works harder than Chapman does.He blocks a pile of shots and does his job.NO he is not pretty to watch but gets his job done.Also he stands up for his team when required.Pantziris offence is needed with the lack of our 3 and 4th line scoring.Dont get me wrong but I like Jack but would put him as our 6th D man without Murphy

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
IMO I would not play him over Pantziris and for sure Chapman.There is nobody on the Sarnia team D-man that works harder than Chapman does.He blocks a pile of shots and does his job.NO he is not pretty to watch but gets his job done.Also he stands up for his team when required.Pantziris offence is needed with the lack of our 3 and 4th line scoring.Dont get me wrong but I like Jack but would put him as our 6th D man without Murphy

Have you met Craig Duininck? Hardest working player every game

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011

Different player also. Can't expect the same results. You simply can't expect the same things

The hate on Anthony is ridiculous. Yes he makes mistakes but he's learning. That's what kids do. He's been playing much better over the past month.

SarniaSting101

Aug 9, 2010
Different player also. Can't expect the same results. You simply can't expect the same things

The hate on Anthony is ridiculous. Yes he makes mistakes but he's learning. That's what kids do. He's been playing much better over the past month.

I am not sure how you translated my comment about D'Angelo making costly mistakes into "hate". I never once referred to hating him and I am really not sure how you could make that slanderous accusation from my post. His mistakes can be very obvious to even those who do not know much about the game and I hear JB from my seats yell at him time and time again when he does make a mistake.

Implying there is "hate" isn't something you should be doing from a simple statement.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I am not sure how you translated my comment about D'Angelo making costly mistakes into "hate". I never once referred to hating him and I am really not sure how you could make that slanderous accusation from my post. His mistakes can be very obvious to even those who do not know much about the game and I hear JB from my seats yell at him time and time again when he does make a mistake.

Implying there is "hate" isn't something you should be doing from a simple statement.

Settle down. It came off wrong and I apologize but I was referring to the constant bashing of DeAngelo on these boards as a whole. Not cessation just your post. For that misunderstanding I apologize

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Settle down. It came off wrong and I apologize but I was referring to the constant bashing of DeAngelo on these boards as a whole. Not cessation just your post. For that misunderstanding I apologize

You shouldnt have brought it up.We are not here to BASH and HATE DeAngelo.We are here to be critical of the same mistakes over and over and over he has made for almost 2 seasons now.No, he doesnt make the odd mistake as most the players do and thats why you dont read about them on here.Not only are the fans getting tired of it so are the rest of his teammates,The old grab the puck as the forwards are moving forward and then turn around at his own end forcing ALL the forwards back and then start over to maybe do it all over again or maybe pass the puck after he has 2 guys on him.Then skate down to the far end not passing the puck only when in trouble and firing a shot that misses the net and then causing an odd man rush again only to have the goalies bail him out again.He is getting so easy to read.Dont get me wrong,this kid is very talented,very fast skater,great shot but terrible at reading the play.YES HE HAS IMPROVED OVER THE LAST MONTH.HOPE THT HE HAS FINALLY CHANGED.But as long as I am a season ticket holder and paying to see them play and watch the same old mistakes he was making,I have a right to complain.Yes he is 17 yrs old,a -9 this year plus gave up a ton of odd man rushes or giveaways and 4 goals. I dont mind his play IF WHEN HE LOOSES THE PUCK HE SKATES BACK PICKING UP A MAN,not just standing there, AND NOT WHINING BECAUSE IT DIDNT WORK.Scott Neidermayer and Coffey were my fav players.He needs to review their games.Jocko has a bit of problem seeing that because I have watched his son play for Hamilton and he plays very similar only not as many mistakes anymore.For a 17 yr old super talent,I sure dont see or hear hockey scouts and coaches drueling over him.IMO I would move him to forward and leave him there.I think that is where he is best suited at this point.

tommy89

Dec 12, 2011
It's disappointing to see that Galchenyuk didn't play last night since left for Montreal . Of the underage players attending NHL camps, Jenner, Wilson, Gibson, Murphy, Laughton, Corrado, Rakell, Demelo (could be more to name) were all able to play last night. Why is it that Corrado(van) Rakell n Gibson(anaheim) and Demelo(san Jose) have to get out to the west coast for the opening of training camp on Sunday and played , but Alex needed to leave early for Montreal on Friday. Is he injured and going there early to be evaluated by the Canadiens or did someone make the decision it wasn't necessary for him to play when all these others teams decided differently for their prospects.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
It's disappointing to see that Galchenyuk didn't play last night since left for Montreal . Of the underage players attending NHL camps, Jenner, Wilson, Gibson, Murphy, Laughton, Corrado, Rakell, Demelo (could be more to name) were all able to play last night. Why is it that Corrado(van) Rakell n Gibson(anaheim) and Demelo(san Jose) have to get out to the west coast for the opening of training camp on Sunday and played , but Alex needed to leave early for Montreal on Friday. Is he injured and going there early to be evaluated by the Canadiens or did someone make the decision it wasn't necessary for him to play when all these others teams decided differently for their prospects.

I understood the arrangements were made for him by Montreal.He was at the airport last nite in TO waiting for his flight.He is not injured but had some things to do for Montreal today.Remember,they call the shots for now.

tommy89

Dec 12, 2011
I was pretty sure it was a call made by Montreal , still a bit odd other teams wanted their prospects to get a game in first. Then again he was the 3rd overall pick and they could care less if he plays in a junior game before camp or not

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

Love this post, First off, you are correct, he would not be a healthy scratch over Nemecek, since he is a scratch almost every game. He wouldn't be a healthy scratch over DiPaulo, since he is playing forward. As for Taki, Taki is a better defender than Kuzymk from what I have see so far. And for Chapman, besides Duininck(for you Dean) nobody works harder in his own end. Chapman will do ANYTHING to help his team. And yes he makes mistakes, looks awkward at times, but he never gives up. :yo:

Plus, trading Kuzmyk to keep the cond 6th rd pick made allot of sense too.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Flu bug, along with Sarault and Nikandrov. Mentioned by JB at the Sting STH breakfast.

Surprised at the lack of meaningful questions, aside from where is buzz...lol.
Everyone keeps mentioning jack's vision...has he ever told anyone? Just curious...love to hear it.
agree with the earlier assessment on Chapman. he will do anything... ironically so would dundas... already miss the enthusiasm...hope it rubs off on a few of the others...

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Surprised at the lack of meaningful questions, aside from where is buzz...lol.
Everyone keeps mentioning jack's vision...has he ever told anyone? Just curious...love to hear it.
agree with the earlier assessment on Chapman. he will do anything... ironically so would dundas... already miss the enthusiasm...hope it rubs off on a few of the others...

I thought JB explained his vision quite well when talking about bidding for the Memorial Cup. Did love the annual parking question, but I think the winner for best question was about Gally going to Hamilton instead of coming back to Sarnia. :shakehead

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I thought JB explained his vision quite well when talking about bidding for the Memorial Cup. Did love the annual parking question, but I think the winner for best question was about Gally going to Hamilton instead of coming back to Sarnia. :shakehead

Boxer; Sorry,I missed the breakfast sunday as I had the flu bug.What was the Memorial cup bid about.What about Gally and Hamilton.Thanks

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010

that was it? Guess I kinda expected more than building a team for the Mem CUP... I think every team has that vision...so it is really not that unique...
The sound system was terrible. could not hear half of what was said...maybe should have asked that question, when are u getting a new PA system.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Boxer; Sorry,I missed the breakfast sunday as I had the flu bug.What was the Memorial cup bid about.What about Gally and Hamilton.Thanks

JB confirmed that they are in no position to bid for the Memorial cup next year, but they are building a team to go for the Memorial Cup bid in 16/17 season. He figures that they should have 8 kids from this last draft playing in the OHL. And with 17 picks in the draft this summer, he figures that they should have a contending team that season.:yo:

As for Gally, someone asked where he was. JB told him he was in Montreal. Then the guy had a second question saying he heard a rumor that Gally would be going to Hamilton if he didn't make Montreal. I had a good laugh at that one. :laugh:

Welcome2Hell

Aug 9, 2010
NutleyNJ
Is there anywhere with highlights of Reid Boucher? Youtube has almost nothing, I just want to see more of his shot I hear its an absolute laser.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Is there anywhere with highlights of Reid Boucher? Youtube has almost nothing, I just want to see more of his shot I hear its an absolute laser.

Go to OHL homepage.On there,look for Highlight videos.Go to more video section and I believe you will see his 4 goal performance.Yes he is a sniper.Excellent on the penality kill also along with the power play.He also has a great setup line mates in Sarault and Gali.

Welcome2Hell

Aug 9, 2010
NutleyNJ
Go to OHL homepage.On there,look for Highlight videos.Go to more video section and I believe you will see his 4 goal performance.Yes he is a sniper.Excellent on the penality kill also along with the power play.He also has a great setup line mates in Sarault and Gali.

Thanks man.. Glad to hear hes good on the penalty kill since one of his biggest question marks was defensive play.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Watching TSN tonite and interviewed Montreal coach and fellow players trying out.Sure looks like and sounds like we have lost Gali to Montreal.They are impressed and is trying out on the 2nd line.I know that might not mean much but he sure has looked good.Mixed feelings,like him to make it, he deserves it but want him back in Sarnia.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Watching TSN tonite and interviewed Montreal coach and fellow players trying out.Sure looks like and sounds like we have lost Gali to Montreal.They are impressed and is trying out on the 2nd line.I know that might not mean much but he sure has looked good.Mixed feelings,like him to make it, he deserves it but want him back in Sarnia.

I have said it since the beginning of the season, if there was no lockout, Gally would be here all year, but if the lockout ended mid season, Gally would be playing in Montreal. The only way I see Montreal sending him back to the Sting is because they feel they are going to be crap again this year and get another high pick. Then both Gally and the new pick's contracts would start at the exact same time. As for talent level right now, Gally is one of the top forwards on Montreal and by the end of the season he will be on the top line as well as the top PP.

Last edited:

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
I have said it since the beginning of the season, if there was no lockout, Gally would be here all year, but if the lockout ended mid season, Gally would be playing in Montreal. The only way I see Montreal sending him back to the Sting is because they feel they are going to be crap again this year and get another high pick. Then both Gally and the new pick's contracts would start at the exact same time. As for talent level right now, Gally is one of the top forwards on Montreal and by the end of the season he will be on the top linea top PP.[/ as well t theQUOTE]

Pretty tall expectations for an 18 year old kid. The more likely scenario is that they will give him a 5 game look and if he really shines he'll stick but if not he'll be back with the Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad