*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy89

Dec 12, 2011
Looks like the NHL has changed the rule on the number of games played before their ELC kicks in to 6 due to the lockout. So it looks like if Galchenyuk is going to be sent back after getting a taste of the regular season he would be playing 6 games instead of 9.

Surprised not to see Alex and Murphy back in the lineup since Latta played, but understandable they were given the night off. Dawe continues to be impressive in goal, he was handed his first loss of the season but was peppered with 27 shots compared to Sarnia's 17 on the Soo. Maybe the Sting will go with him even when Barrick returns to full health, I wouldn't mind.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Last year when JB traded like a madman everyone was angry, especially when we were done after the first round. Now he sits back and is content with what appears to be a decent team, both talent-wise and chemistry-wise, and now everyone will be ticked off that he didn't do more. I believe some people on this board will not be happy ever. Take a look at London right now - who is going to compete with that, no matter how hard you try. At some point I believe you have to figure out if it is worth it. Just my opinion of course.

This is a BIG difference between DISAPPOINTED and ANGRY.Check the dictionary.If I was ANGRY,I wouldnt be on here praising the boys for their good effort up to this point.Yes even praised Jocko.The one player who I have been critical on here about is DeAngelo.Enough said.Disappointed because the teams around us have boosted their lineups and we havent.My reasons for being DISAPPOINTED are
1 - London #1 no doubt
2- OS and Kitchener will be #2-#3 (good trades)
3- Plymouth just got much better with their new trade with Saginaw,(will be hard to beat in our division)
4-Guelph (one of the toughest team in the OHL),Saginaw,(of the best goalie's) Sarnia,SSm (always hard to beat and tough)and Windsor (just loaded up big time)battling the bottom 5 spots to play one of these top 4 teams
5 - Sarnia needs help with 1 Dman and 2nd line forward upfront.Sarault line will run out of steam by playoffs at this rate on minutes logged,Look at last year
6- DISAPPOINTED NOT ANGRY because I thought there has been so far, some good value in the trades that would have helped us on the cheap,

What was my feelings about last year.You have no clue:rant:.This year I am DISPPOINTED so far with the trades,not ANGRY. I am HAPPY with the season so far.Good job boys:handclap:

tommy89

Dec 12, 2011
This is a BIG difference between DISAPPOINTED and ANGRY.Check the dictionary.If I was ANGRY,I wouldnt be on here praising the boys for their good effort up to this point.Yes even praised Jocko.The one player who I have been critical on here about is DeAngelo.Enough said.Disappointed because the teams around us have boosted their lineups and we havent.My reasons for being DISAPPOINTED are
1 - London #1 no doubt
2- OS and Kitchener will be #2-#3 (good trades)
3- Plymouth just got much better with their new trade with Saginaw,(will be hard to beat in our division)
4-Guelph (one of the toughest team in the OHL),Saginaw,(of the best goalie's) Sarnia,SSm (always hard to beat and tough)and Windsor (just loaded up big time)battling the bottom 5 spots to play one of these top 4 teams
5 - Sarnia needs help with 1 Dman and 2nd line forward upfront.Sarault line will run out of steam by playoffs at this rate on minutes logged,Look at last year
6- DISAPPOINTED NOT ANGRY because I thought there has been so far, some good value in the trades that would have helped us on the cheap,

What was my feelings about last year.You have no clue:rant:.This year I am DISPPOINTED so far with the trades,not ANGRY. I am HAPPY with the season so far.Good job boys:handclap:

I think you summed up how I pretty much feel as well. Mind you there is still time for Jacques. I understand not wanting to give away valuable draft picks , but at the same time its hard to sit back and watch teams like Windsor, Kitchener and Plymouth who are lower in the standings and imo not as good of a team as Sarnia making big moves to improve their lineups. Sarnia's still a good team, but you cant argue the competition is now going to be more difficult. Having the 2nd seed gave them a great chance at a 2nd round appearance. Too bad "we went for it" last year as I really feel with a few added pieces this team could be very dangerous.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Unless I missing a trade or two of Plymouth's (I could be) then I don't think they've improved much at all. Obviously Trocheck will be a nice addition but they have up good players in Payne and Bratina. Payne was a important team player

EDIT: No Payne in the Trocheck deal. Good trade

They also lost Aleardi too

I'm not all that excited for what Plymouth did so far (unless I'm missing a few deals).

I definitely don't want Sarnia to deal just for the sake of dealing. I was surprised they didn't fill the OA slot but there wasn't a ton of oA players available.

The 2nd line forward spot is the main target IMO. Garret Ross could be a good add of someone of similar status. Maybe Quine

We'll see but this team is playing with confidence and as a team so it's probably good Jacko isn't tinkering too much.

All we do know is that this team will have some wholes to fill NEXT year with Galchenyuk, Sarault, Murphy, Anderson and probably Boucher gone. Hope their EURO scout keeps up his good track record

At the end of the season I could see Sarnia ending up in the 5-7th slot and that's about where we all expected them this season so it's not too bad. They will be challenged hold ground

Last edited:

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Looks like the NHL has changed the rule on the number of games played before their ELC kicks in to 6 due to the lockout. So it looks like if Galchenyuk is going to be sent back after getting a taste of the regular season he would be playing 6 games instead of 9.

Surprised not to see Alex and Murphy back in the lineup since Latta played, but understandable they were given the night off. Dawe continues to be impressive in goal, he was handed his first loss of the season but was peppered with 27 shots compared to Sarnia's 17 on the Soo. Maybe the Sting will go with him even when Barrick returns to full health, I wouldn't mind.

Since Murphy and Alex G won gold, do you think the sting will raise banners with their names? Makes me think no since they didn't do it for Luddy Rensfeldt and some diabtribe about putting everyone on one...

SarniaSting101

Aug 9, 2010

I thought Galchenyuk and Murphy were out of the line-up because they are heading out to NHL camp. Not sure why keeping Dawe would be a consideration over Barrick. Dawe and Hergott are with the team because JP and Barrick are hurt. They would not have have been brought to Sarnia otherwise as I have heard there was no unhappiness with their goaltending situation before the injuries. Dawe is an OA next year so I don't see JB keeing him over Barrick, who is younger and who also has a full education package as per the write up when he signed. You never know of course but I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I thought Galchenyuk and Murphy were out of the line-up because they are heading out to NHL camp. Not sure why keeping Dawe would be a consideration over Barrick. Dawe and Hergott are with the team because JP and Barrick are hurt. They would not have have been brought to Sarnia otherwise as I have heard there was no unhappiness with their goaltending situation before the injuries. Dawe is an OA next year so I don't see JB keeing him over Barrick, who is younger and who also has a full education package as per the write up when he signed. You never know of course but I just don't see it happening.

Connor Murphy done for the year...

SarniaObserver ‏@SarniaObserver

The Sarnia Sting are reporting Connor Murphy is done for the year. He's having season-ending knee surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
I think the Sting are cursed. The year is looking good, then both goalies get hurt within a week, now they lose one of the best D-men in the OHL. What more could go wrong this season?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I think the Sting are cursed. The year is looking good, then both goalies get hurt within a week, now they lose one of the best D-men in the OHL. What more could go wrong this season?

Losing Galchenyuk to Montreal for the season when it looked like there would be no NHL season

krauss72

May 5, 2010
As was said on Windsor board: Somebody needs to stop poking that Beaulieu voodoo doll. We are cursed. If we knew about this ahead of the deadline maybe we should have pulled the trigger and sold???? Like more than 7 and 13 which both could have been back next year?

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
I'm shocked by the lack of movement at the deadline if indeed JB knew Murphy was going to be out for the season. Picking up two 6th rounders for players that could have been back next year doesn't make sense either. I guess the season/playoffs will come down to what the Habs plan on doing with Gally. Maybe JB has already heard from the Habs and has been told he will be returning and that's why he didn't sell the farm.

Sting Fire

Aug 31, 2008
Hockeyland
You will like Jack both on the ice and off. Steady stay at home defenceman that gives full effort each and every night. A steal for a 6th!

PdashOw

Aug 31, 2012
I'm shocked by the lack of movement at the deadline if indeed JB knew Murphy was going to be out for the season. Picking up two 6th rounders for players that could have been back next year doesn't make sense either.

I have a bunch of stuff coming on this; just give me some time to write it all up.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Hey Sting fans, wondering what your opinion is on the Jack Kuzmyk trade?

Good solid D-man.For sure stay at home.Can through a good solid check also.Great kid on and off the ice.It makes no sense to me why you would give him away at this time of year knowing Murphy was done.I am sure we would have got a 6th rounder in the summer or next fall also.Good Luck Jack

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I'm shocked by the lack of movement at the deadline if indeed JB knew Murphy was going to be out for the season. Picking up two 6th rounders for players that could have been back next year doesn't make sense either. I guess the season/playoffs will come down to what the Habs plan on doing with Gally. Maybe JB has already heard from the Habs and has been told he will be returning and that's why he didn't sell the farm.

Moving Jack made sense just not now for only a 6th rounder.Jocko knew Murphy was done so keep him for the rest of the year and move him then.We have too many O/A for next year so trading made sense.As for Dundas,we needed some younger D men which we got.I am concerned that our only enforcer is Diapalo. Oh ya DeAngelo also lol

highstickside

Dec 21, 2010
I don't get it , i think he was a very solid dman for a 6th round pick (not enouph back).

It actually works out to 2-6th round picks; the one that Erie gave and the one that the Sting would have had to give Owen Sound as a result of the conditional pick in the trade that brought Kuzmyk to Sarnia. Still, given the injury to Murphy, losing a 19 year old D-man at this point and replacing him with a 16 year old may not work out too well. Time will tell...

And best wishes to Murphy...if it wasn't for bad luck, he would have no luck at all!

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I have a bunch of stuff coming on this; just give me some time to write it all up.

Thanks for the write up on the Observer website.Agree or not,it gives us Jocko reasoning for his trades.Couldnt figuire out if he knew before the trade deadline why he wouldnt be selling.Makes sense now.Also the trade of Jack's makes more sense now also.Good article and obviously you asked some hard questions.

PdashOw

Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the write up on the Observer website.Agree or not,it gives us Jocko reasoning for his trades.Couldnt figuire out if he knew before the trade deadline why he wouldnt be selling.Makes sense now.Also the trade of Jack's makes more sense now also.Good article and obviously you asked some hard questions.

I appreciate that, thanks.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
I agree PdashOw...great article and it explained a lot. I was hoping this would be the year the black cloud would stop following JB around, but apparently I was wrong.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
I agree PdashOw...great article and it explained a lot. I was hoping this would be the year the black cloud would stop following JB around, but apparently I was wrong.

Sorry i have not read the article, but to me, it seems, vision or no vision, he left a couple of players out to dry.
Why did he keep Sarault and JP knowing that murphy was gone? Aside from them, and a couple of rare appearances from others, we have nothing else and that is offensive and disrespectful to them. He should have helped them with some players to assist with offence or played for the future with players and picks. How do you expect to compete? Alex the G's time is limited here, and CS and JP have what, 30 games left in the O?
I see first round and gone again... again. I don't see a vision, i see lack of will or judgment. I am thinking no one wanted to trade with him, or he can't pull hammer.
I don't have seasons tickets, and i buy discounted ones online, so i guess i have no room to beef. Just feel sorry we seem like a boat with out a rudder.
i will retract this when we make the second round and i will buy everyone a beer when we buy win the men cup... not a gambler, but i like the odds.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Sorry i have not read the article, but to me, it seems, vision or no vision, he left a couple of players out to dry.
Why did he keep Sarault and JP knowing that murphy was gone? Aside from them, and a couple of rare appearances from others, we have nothing else and that is offensive and disrespectful to them. He should have helped them with some players to assist with offence or played for the future with players and picks. How do you expect to compete? Alex the G's time is limited here, and CS and JP have what, 30 games left in the O?
I see first round and gone again... again. I don't see a vision, i see lack of will or judgment. I am thinking no one wanted to trade with him, or he can't pull hammer.
I don't have seasons tickets, and i buy discounted ones online, so i guess i have no room to beef. Just feel sorry we seem like a boat with out a rudder.
i will retract this when we make the second round and i will buy everyone a beer when we buy win the men cup... not a gambler, but i like the odds.

Please read the article.It will explain what you are commenting on the trade front.Basically it said that the Sting didnt know until Wed at 6 pm that Murphy was gone.Jocko said that if he would have known that Monday that JP and Charlie would have been gone and possibly some others.I really wonder if they thought Murphy's injury was as bad as expexcted.I am glad he didnt fire sale the rest on thursday am just for the sake of trades.I am a season ticket holder and i watch the black cloud that follows jocko around.I will agree with you on the playoffs but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad