Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
My seats are downstairs.

On snow games like that, it is a nice touch when they tell fans to move down. Instead of treating fans like a number, they are treated like a valued client.

It's little things like this that I really could care less about. I feel people (in general) like to nitpick over the littlest things sometimes that aren't really worth nitpicking over). I prefer my seats upstairs, I can see everything better. Most people know by now we don't sell out and can work their way downstairs.

I don't know ... how many sth accounts have renewed by now? Even if they can get SIX done each minute (seems like a stretch to take a picture every 10 seconds) ...that's 360 in an hour. What if 2,000 accounts want a picture? That's 5.5 hours of pictures, starting at 5:30.

Not sure. 6 a minute is definitely a stretch and there's going to be people waiting. People just need to decide if the wait is actually worth it or not. There's not much else the team can do, correct?

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Not sure. 6 a minute is definitely a stretch and there's going to be people waiting. People just need to decide if the wait is actually worth it or not. There's not much else the team can do, correct?

Agreed on both bolded points.

That's why I said it was a nice thought, but will likely backfire on them (in terms of PR), as the people who get the picture without much of a wait won't be nearly as appreciative as the others will be angry. Realistically, they can't possibly accommodate anywhere near the # of people that are eligible (and therefore now may "expect" to get a picture).

If they have the Cup for the entire day (or weekend), then MAYBE they could have spread people throughout the day/weekend... but even then people would complain that they have a a 2pm picture and then the game isn't until 5, etc.. (since some people will always complain).

Probably would have been better off having a "lottery" with a couple hundred winners getting a picture with the Cup (not that people wouldn't have complained about THAT).

The only thing that might work in their favor is a lot of people don't want to wait in line and the e-mail about waiting up to an hour scares them off ... so the people who go end up with a somewhat shorter line.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Agreed on both bolded points.

That's why I said it was a nice thought, but will likely backfire on them (in terms of PR), as the people who get the picture without much of a wait won't be nearly as appreciative as the others will be angry. Realistically, they can't possibly accommodate anywhere near the # of people that are eligible (and therefore now may "expect" to get a picture).

If they have the Cup for the entire day (or weekend), then MAYBE they could have spread people throughout the day/weekend... but even then people would complain that they have a a 2pm picture and then the game isn't until 5, etc.. (since some people will always complain).

Probably would have been better off having a "lottery" with a couple hundred winners getting a picture with the Cup (not that people wouldn't have complained about THAT).

The only thing that might work in their favor is a lot of people don't want to wait in line and the e-mail about waiting up to an hour scares them off ... so the people who go end up with a somewhat shorter line.

Knowing our fan base, it will absolutely blow up and backfire on them. Do something nice, still find complaints!

It's like someone complaining that they had to wait outside for the last STH event, when that's exactly what everyone else was doing. Like somehow they're special.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's little things like this that I really could care less about. I feel people (in general) like to nitpick over the littlest things sometimes that aren't really worth nitpicking over). I prefer my seats upstairs, I can see everything better. Most people know by now we don't sell out and can work their way downstairs.

Nobody's going to fully realize how bad the wait it'll be unless they do the math beforehand.

Njdevils22

Dec 14, 2013
Has anyone's rep called them to ask if they were going to the game on Sunday, and if you are to make sure you wear your renewal t-shirt? I got a call yesterday and said that his boss told him to call because of promotions going on during the game........ Other than press your luck, anyone know of any other promotions/contests?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll probably have to get mine tonight and wear it till the press your luck game, then I'll take it off cause I really don't like it, but who'd turn down a chance to play for free concessions money?

They haven't attached anything else to wearing the shirt yet afaik but it wouldn't shock me if they did, they're really trying to get people to wear these things somehow thinking it's going to encourage people to renew :laugh:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So does anyone else not have their Stanley Cup photo ticket in their account? I renewed this week and it's not there.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
So does anyone else not have their Stanley Cup photo ticket in their account? I renewed this week and it's not there.

Not in this particular instance but I've had this happen to me before; gave a quick call to my rep and he emailed me the tickets within a few minutes.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
My ticket rep left me a ticket. I got a time slot of 1015pm to 1030pm. No way im gonna probably stay that late for it though. Don't think it's worth waiting over 2 hours after the game ends

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My ticket rep left me a ticket. I got a time slot of 1015pm to 1030pm. No way im gonna probably stay that late for it though. Don't think it's worth waiting over 2 hours after the game ends

Yeah time slots appear to be based on renewal date. I'm 5:45 to 6pm and renewed about 3 days in. Times start at 5:30 I think

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shrewd lol, I only renewed just before March 1 to get the full food card but I held out as a mini protest till then, probably why I got a later time.

btw if anyone cares they had risotto balls, little buffalo chicken things and nachos/salsa to go along with water and soda at my sth section party, and you can enter a drawing to win a signed puck.

And I got Dowd as a mystery puck

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Shrewd lol, I only renewed just before March 1 to get the full food card but I held out as a mini protest till then, probably why I got a later time.

btw if anyone cares they had risotto balls, little buffalo chicken things and nachos/salsa to go along with water and soda at my sth section party, and you can enter a drawing to win a signed puck.

And I got Dowd as a mystery puck

I might have missed you mention it before, but exactly were you mini-protesting?

Can anyone confirm how good/bad it went tonight with the time slots?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I might have missed you mention it before, but exactly were you mini-protesting?

Can anyone confirm how good/bad it went tonight with the time slots?

I just didn't want to renew until like the last day of eligiblity for the 10% food card, compared to the past where I renewed in the first few days it was glacial for me.

A sth I know with an 8:00-8:15 time slot said he only waited ten minutes so it didn't sound like it went too bad. Mine was an hour later and I already have a couple of Cup pictures so I didn't bother.

Njdevils22

Dec 14, 2013
I renewed early this year, probably second week........had 6:30-6:45 time slot, went down at 6:20 back in my seat by 7...........and by renewing early somehow I got chosen to receive a Brodeur autograph jersey, personally delivered by Brodeur!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh so that was you, nice...I wonder if the other people who got jerseys renewed superearly too. Funny how they advertised renewing early as a perk based on the rewards system in prior years but they've been rewarding renewing early more surreptitiously this year.

Njdevils22

Dec 14, 2013
Yeah now I have no clue how they do it........the past few seasons I was under the impression that they "hooked" up the longer tenures or the ones that spent more $$$$$.........it was a total shock what happened tonight!!!

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Does anyone have any insight on how renewals are going for the upstairs?

I can tell you downstairs is not doing so well for them...especially with the 20% increase right behind the goalies.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I just didn't want to renew until like the last day of eligiblity for the 10% food card, compared to the past where I renewed in the first few days it was glacial for me.

A sth I know with an 8:00-8:15 time slot said he only waited ten minutes so it didn't sound like it went too bad. Mine was an hour later and I already have a couple of Cup pictures so I didn't bother.

It went surprisingly well. We had a 700 time slot ... went down at the end of the second period and were back in our seats before the start of the 3rd.

Of course, the guy in the seats next to me had a time slot of 1030-1045, which explains why they were able to accommodate everyone :laugh:

Anyone able to view their pictures on the website yet? I only see a few up there

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Just a head's up to anyone who sold their alumni tickets:

While we were in line on Saturday, there was a man from Devils Ticket Ops going through the line asking everyone if they were the season ticket holder who bought the tickets or if they got them off stubhub and was writing down the ticket numbers.

Wonder if the Devils are going to punish anyone who sold their tickets?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I never got asked that but it doesn't surprise me. But a non STH could have bought tickets in the presale or offline through a STH, I don't see what they could do unless tickets had a STH account number.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Just a head's up to anyone who sold their alumni tickets:

While we were in line on Saturday, there was a man from Devils Ticket Ops going through the line asking everyone if they were the season ticket holder who bought the tickets or if they got them off stubhub and was writing down the ticket numbers.

Wonder if the Devils are going to punish anyone who sold their tickets?

Never came by us I was near the front of the line.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I was at the very front of the line but the guy only wanted to know if we had our tickets out and ready so that the line could move quicker. Seemed like an odd thing to do

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I never got asked that but it doesn't surprise me. But a non STH could have bought tickets in the presale or offline through a STH, I don't see what they could do unless tickets had a STH account number.

The tickets did have an account # on them.

I can see, in their place, that they might want to get a sense of what % of sths use vs. flip tickets like these. Not necessarily to label as "brokers", but to figure out if they want to continue these perks for sths (or come up with another way to limit transfer).

I can understand their interest in sths selling "free" stuff (meet-and-greets, etc.) as (from their perspective) these are "rewards/perks" to thank their loyal sths ... not necessarily a way to allow sths to reduce the total cost of their ticket package.

Alumni tickets are a little different, since sths paid for those.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Some interesting tidbits I came across last night from fellow season ticket holders.

In a letter from Hugh Weber:

"Volume is too high: The sound system is outdated, and I agree we need to get a solution. There are parts of the building that people say they can't hear, others like you say it's too loud. We are working on solution."

Outdated? Really? This was a new sound system installed with the building. What areas can't hear the sound system? Devils Den on Edison? Bathrooms near the box office? It's an enclosed structure, sound isn't lost to the sky. If you ask me, the sound system worked fine before they decided to try and shut the fans up. Edison invented the phonograph in 1877 (I learned that from the old Edison wall that has been removed) and volume control was invented by Victor in 1905. Am I to believe that a phonograph from 1905 is more technically advanced than our sound system?

Regarding the alumni game:

One of my friends went up to his rep and said "Hey, you guys screwed up on the presale of the game and I got shutout of it." To which the rep said "If you renew right now, I can give you tickets to the game." WOW!!!!! If that was me, I wouldn't told the rep to go ____ himself.

Regarding the have you renewed t-shirts:

This is my observation. Is it me, or does it seem like the Devils have now resorted to peer pressure in order to get people to renew? Why stop there? Why not bring out a shirt that says "I triple dog dare you to renew"? Or how about "all the cool kids are renewing"?

BTW, the letter that I read from Hugh Weber to my friend, was filled with misspelled words and incorrect punctuation…How is that possible with any computer built after 1995?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad