Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think the Cup photos are during the game, so there won't be any conflict (other than, say, if you want to see the game :))

lol so my time for the photo Sunday wound up being 9-9:15, with any luck that's during the second intermission. But at least I have time to do the section party before the game and watch the actual ceremony. I wonder if they stuck anyone with 7-7:30? I wouldn't be too happy if that was my time :laugh:

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
lol so my time for the photo Sunday wound up being 9-9:15, with any luck that's during the second intermission. But at least I have time to do the section party before the game and watch the actual ceremony. I wonder if they stuck anyone with 7-7:30? I wouldn't be too happy if that was my time :laugh:

Game was originally scheduled for 5pm,but now puck drop is set for 5:26 (according to TG), so you are looking at a time slot as much as an hour after the game?

I got 7-715pm ... which I was initially figuring wasn't too bad, as it should be late second period/intermission, so maybe miss a couple of minutes at most.

However, the e-mail I just received said that "the estimated wait time could be up to one hour". :laugh:

Yeah ... I think I'll pass, as that would mean missing half the game. I guess i will wander over to see what the wait really is ... maybe they are just (for once) under-promising and will over-deliver. Although I was wondering how they could possibly accommodate anywhere near the number of accounts that must have renewed by now (even if renewals are slow).

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I got 5:30p.. That's actually a downgrade because I'd be stuck in the arena for a while after lol. Not sure if I'm interested in this one

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Game was originally scheduled for 5pm,but now puck drop is set for 5:26 (according to TG), so you are looking at a time slot as much as an hour after the game?

I got 7-715pm ... which I was initially figuring wasn't too bad, as it should be late second period/intermission, so maybe miss a couple of minutes at most.

However, the e-mail I just received said that "the estimated wait time could be up to one hour". :laugh:

Yeah ... I think I'll pass, as that would mean missing half the game. I guess i will wander over to see what the wait really is ... maybe they are just (for once) under-promising and will over-deliver. Although I was wondering how they could possibly accommodate anywhere near the number of accounts that must have renewed by now (even if renewals are slow).

lol oh great, I forgot this wasn't a 7 PM start time like everything else :facepalm:

Now I might have to change lots for Sunday, mine isn't usually open more than an hour after the game. Or I'll just pass cause I have a couple of Cup pictures already but wanted another.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even if it was say 2000 people that renewed by now (which would be staggeringly low) each printing out their ticket and getting one photo, and guesstimating 10 seconds to get everyone's photo taken which is probably conservative - by my quick math that would be about 5 1/2 hours...yikes, I might not bother.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Even if it was say 2000 people that renewed by now (which would be staggeringly low) each printing out their ticket and getting one photo, and guesstimating 10 seconds to get everyone's photo taken which is probably conservative - by my quick math that would be about 5 1/2 hours...yikes, I might not bother.

Yeah ... that's what I am figuring.

Great example of a really nice idea that probably wasn't thought through well enough. It doesn't seem possible that there is enough time to fulfill the promise to get everyone a picture. They can't start until around 530 (since Cup will be part of pre-game ceremony) and, as you said, it seems like it would take until several hours after the game to get everyone in.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think the only way I'll really be tempted to stay is if the game goes to OT (ending after 8) then I stay for the fireworks and after that look at the line and hopefully see it isn't as bad as I fear...but if my time is 9-9:15 AND I get an hour delay :P

Oh well no skin off my nose since I have a couple of recent ones from the draft but boy I can't wait to hear the complaints after this one :laugh:

btw there are also $20 Mystery Pucks available for this game signed by guys from the '95 team.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
I think the only way I'll really be tempted to stay is if the game goes to OT (ending after 8) then I stay for the fireworks and after that look at the line and hopefully see it isn't as bad as I fear...but if my time is 9-9:15 AND I get an hour delay :P

Oh well no skin off my nose since I have a couple of recent ones from the draft but boy I can't wait to hear the complaints after this one :laugh:

btw there are also $20 Mystery Pucks available for this game signed by guys from the '95 team.

Just think of the jersey fiasco to start the season...I see this event being an even bigger cluster...

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Oh right, it's a 5pm game starting at 5:26p.. Great, so my 5:30p slot means I'd miss the entire first period.. Yeah, I'll pass on this

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Did the Devils do anything for fans at the game the other night because of the weather? I realize the snow on Tuesday wasn't a blizzard or anything, but traffic made it literally impossible to get to the game for some. In the past they used to hand out some extra tickets...

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Did the Devils do anything for fans at the game the other night because of the weather? I realize the snow on Tuesday wasn't a blizzard or anything, but traffic made it literally impossible to get to the game for some. In the past they used to hand out some extra tickets...

Nope

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015

They didn't even tell people to move down, which they usually do on snow games.

And Devils management can't understand when I tell them that they are anti-fan.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Oh right, it's a 5pm game starting at 5:26p.. Great, so my 5:30p slot means I'd miss the entire first period.. Yeah, I'll pass on this

It starts at 5:30, and most people aren't going to miss the ceremony. If you go immediately after the ceremony you shouldn't have too long of a wait.

I won't be at the game, but I sent the info to the people who bought our tickets and the time slot we have is 6:45-7pm.

It should go relatively quickly if it's literally 1 picture and you're out of there. There's no lingering or anything. The longest wait could be waiting for the picture to print and that's maybe an extra 5 minutes.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

When they did they heard many complaints from STHers in the lower level.

Last edited:

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ

You could have moved on your own...people were showing up throughout the game.

Do you really need to be told to move down?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I mentioned this in the out of town scoreboard thread last night, but the Flyers gave their fans free hot dogs, pretzels and soda refills last night.
They also had free tix available at the box office.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I mentioned this in the out of town scoreboard thread last night, but the Flyers gave their fans free hot dogs, pretzels and soda refills last night.
They also had free tix available at the box office.

Nice to see they finally reported accurate attendance numbers for a change (12,531). I've never seen the Flyers running ticket promos this late in the season, no way they were actually selling to 101% of capacity all season long.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
You could have moved on your own...people were showing up throughout the game.

Do you really need to be told to move down?

My seats are downstairs.

On snow games like that, it is a nice touch when they tell fans to move down. Instead of treating fans like a number, they are treated like a valued client.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
It starts at 5:30, and most people aren't going to miss the ceremony. If you go immediately after the ceremony you shouldn't have too long of a wait.

I won't be at the game, but I sent the info to the people who bought our tickets and the time slot we have is 6:45-7pm.

It should go relatively quickly if it's literally 1 picture and you're out of there. There's no lingering or anything. The longest wait could be waiting for the picture to print and that's maybe an extra 5 minutes.

I don't know ... how many sth accounts have renewed by now? Even if they can get SIX done each minute (seems like a stretch to take a picture every 10 seconds) ...that's 360 in an hour. What if 2,000 accounts want a picture? That's 5.5 hours of pictures, starting at 5:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad