Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I get why they're doing it from a cost-saving and re-allocation of employees stand point. They don't have to spend time and money hiring and training new Devils sales staff. However, from a customer service stand point this is extremely unprofessional and should never happen.

At least make a bare minimum effort to change the signatures on the emails to include something about the Devils.

And for those fans who may be die-hard NBA fans and dislike the Sixers, which is very possible because I hate the Flyers, Phillies, and Villanova, this could possibly deter them from buying tickets.

I'm not sure who would have been in charge of this decision, but this is a big head scratcher for me.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If you get this in writing let me know. I have a few friends who'd do a $550 flex plan.

Personally I think the 550 is too low. I mean you could easily buy twice as many games through the secondary market as opposed to what 550 would get you through Ticketmaster or even STH pricing. I was going to do $1,100. I'll let you know if it's legit. I'm going to talk to my financial manager (fiance) this evening about it.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Is this a dig at the Devils, excellent self-promotion, or both from a former employee? :laugh:

r291xdO.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Looks like both to me.

Down to 6500 STH....

Well it says 6500 accounts, assuming that's an accurate number. How many tickets is that though? Almost every account is more than one ticket, and their attendance base bottom has been like 11-12000 the last couple years, probably even that's low.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Every account is going to be somewhere between 1 and probably 4 tickets. I would say we have about 10-11k season ticket holders. That's just a guess though.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Is this a dig at the Devils, excellent self-promotion, or both from a former employee? :laugh:

r291xdO.png

I dont see that as a dig at all, I see it as legitimately highlighting a positive in your resume. The inference is that if you do okay with a team that stinks, think how well he/she may do with a decent product to sell.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I was once told the average account has three seats on it but an account could be designated as a full, partial, mini plan, etc.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Do you think they'll lower STH prices if they miss the playoffs again this season?

Doubtful.

There's always going to be a reason for them to increase the price for tickets. This year, they can justify it by pointing out the young, exciting talent we have coming in like Hischier, Zacha, McLeod, etc. At best, you'd probably have them standing pat, but no way in hell are they going to drop them

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Doubtful.

There's always going to be a reason for them to increase the price for tickets. This year, they can justify it by pointing out the young, exciting talent we have coming in like Hischier, Zacha, McLeod, etc. At best, you'd probably have them standing pat, but no way in hell are they going to drop them

Went to the tom petty show a few weeks ago. They raised the price of some food items and offered a 5 piece chicken tender for $15. Regular is now $12.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone know what is an average gate revenue per game for playoffs?

I would imagine if we made the playoffs in 2018 we would make more per game versus 2012. My seats in the second round of the playoffs that year cost around $45 and I now pay that during the regular season so I can't imagine what the uptick in price would be.

In 2012 the team took in $26 million in ticket sales for 11 home playoff games.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
I would imagine if we made the playoffs in 2018 we would make more per game versus 2012. My seats in the second round of the playoffs that year cost around $45 and I now pay that during the regular season so I can't imagine what the uptick in price would be.

In 2012 the team took in $26 million in ticket sales for 11 home playoff games.

Interesting and the team still had huge loses at that time (I think the league took over the team about that time).

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Prudential Center Enters Booking & Marketing Pact With Madison Square Garden

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-booking-marketing-pact-madison-square-garden

The Prudential Center’s agreement essentially divides the greater New York market in two, with AEG and BSE on one side and MSG and Prudential Center on the other. The Prudential Center is also a member of the Oak View Group’s Arena Alliance, created by Leiweke and Azoff, with nearly 30 arenas in the U.S. and Canada.

With three resident teams and a lot of concert traffic at Madison Square Garden, there’s a limited opportunity for new concerts at the Manhattan venue. By working together, MSG can steer some traffic to Newark and create new opportunities for touring shows.

This can definitely only be good for Prudential Center's financial status, and seems to be a bit of a shot at Barclay's Center.

If I was to look a bit deeper, I'd also say that it's a good indication we'd stay with MSG+ for TV broadcasts after our current contract is up assuming this deal goes smoothly, which I expect it will given Scott O'Neil's strong relationships with MSG.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Went to the tom petty show a few weeks ago. They raised the price of some food items and offered a 5 piece chicken tender for $15. Regular is now $12.

I was there too. Great show.

Was kindof surprised how only 1/2 of the food vendors were open given it was sold out (minus behind the stage seats that werent sold). We got there early so it didnt effect us, but I noticed lines were long much at other times.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-booking-marketing-pact-madison-square-garden

This can definitely only be good for Prudential Center's financial status, and seems to be a bit of a shot at Barclay's Center.

If I was to look a bit deeper, I'd also say that it's a good indication we'd stay with MSG+ for TV broadcasts after our current contract is up assuming this deal goes smoothly, which I expect it will given Scott O'Neil's strong relationships with MSG.

Absolutely, but that doesn't mean that any of that bleeds over to the hockey operations.

Regarding the tv situation, was there any discussion of us going elsewhere?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was there too. Great show.

Was kindof surprised how only 1/2 of the food vendors were open given it was sold out (minus behind the stage seats that werent sold). We got there early so it didnt effect us, but I noticed lines were long much at other times.

That is baffling since it was sold out for quote a while. Missed opportunity at greater revenues that night.

I've noticed that too with some sold out Devils games, then, for a 13k crowd all of the food vendors are open.

Miscommunication somewhere between DAE and Aramark.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

With this newfound cozy partnership between DAE & MSG, what's next, hockey trades with the Rags? :amazed:

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Interesting and the team still had huge loses at that time (I think the league took over the team about that time).

Deep losses but that was because there was too much debt. Cash flow from operations was strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad