Official Prudential Center, season ticket and surrounding area thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Probably did for new and late-to-renew STH. If you renewed before Feb 1st, there was no increase.

i didn't renew till sometime in march and there was no price increase. i think that took place in april.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
i didn't renew till sometime in march and there was no price increase. i think that took place in april.

You know, you're right on that. Now that I think about it, the Feb 1 (?) renewal date was tied to early renewal perks. The sooner you renewed, the more perks you received.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
You know, you're right on that. Now that I think about it, the Feb 1 (?) renewal date was tied to early renewal perks. The sooner you renewed, the more perks you received.

i renewed the day before the meet and greet was tied into it. i didn't understand the point of having a picture of the marty banner without marty in it even though it would be signed. and the membership jacket i could care less about.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I just can't see the math behind season tickets for a really bad team. Would only consider seasons for a team if they were a contender. That isn't being a fairweather fan either, I just don't see how it would make fiscal sense otherwise.

It doesn't. A 2017-2018 Devils STH is making a charitable contribution to a private company. Some people just like to say they're STH. Even the "perks" that people talk about as being so valuable (which they rarely are) can often be purchased on the secondary market or even had for free.

The only perk I ever had when I was a STH that I considered "valuable" was the team autograph session, which they only did a few times, and even that you could buy tickets for for like $20 if you checked Craigslist, because they did it during a weekday when lots of STH cant get off of work. C'est la vie.

Do you think they'll lower STH prices if they miss the playoffs again this season?

That's a real knee-slapper!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't care about the perks, I actually don't use a lot of them. However I love my seat location and I couldn't be bothered to sit anywhere else. Sure I can save a ton of money if I don't care where I sit but there are plenty of sections and seats I'd rather stay home than sit in.

Until I can no longer afford it(hopefully that doesn't happen) I'll have my same seats until we are moving into our next new building lol

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The only perk I ever had when I was a STH that I considered "valuable" was the team autograph session, which they only did a few times, and even that you could buy tickets for for like $20 if you checked Craigslist, because they did it during a weekday when lots of STH cant get off of work. C'est la vie.

Those skate with the team sessions that had half of the team on the concourse and the other half on the ice were some of the most fun to go to as a little kid. Getting to be on the same ice surface in skates with the guys you rooted for, it was always something I looked forward too. As I got older and didn't care about autographs much, it was nice to also be able to just shoot the **** and skate around a bit with some of the guys that weren't as popular/had shorter lines of people. You don't find many teams come near to offering something like that and I don't even believe the Devils do it any longer since Lou left. It was one of those things he had mandated the players do to as their way of giving back for the fans support.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I don't care about the perks, I actually don't use a lot of them. However I love my seat location and I couldn't be bothered to sit anywhere else. Sure I can save a ton of money if I don't care where I sit but there are plenty of sections and seats I'd rather stay home than sit in.

Until I can no longer afford it(hopefully that doesn't happen) I'll have my same seats until we are moving into our next new building lol

Spot on. I know what I'm getting in my section. I know that I'm NOT getting a bunch of beer muscle clowns yelling above each other to let everyone around them know they know their hockey. The STH cost is worth that.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Spot on. I know what I'm getting in my section. I know that I'm NOT getting a bunch of beer muscle clowns yelling above each other to let everyone around them know they know their hockey. The STH cost is worth that.

Same here, I like my section and there's enough regulars about. Doesn't hurt it's the cheapest non grandfathered seats in the house. Doubt I come out ahead but I'm not really eating it all that much either. Also, it's so much more convenient not to stubhub hunt the day of the game. Pay the monthly invoice and otherwise set it and forget it.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Same here, I like my section and there's enough regulars about. Doesn't hurt it's the cheapest non grandfathered seats in the house. Doubt I come out ahead but I'm not really eating it all that much either. Also, it's so much more convenient not to stubhub hunt the day of the game. Pay the monthly invoice and otherwise set it and forget it.

I agree. Plus, if we ever make the playoffs again and the new owners don't drastically change things, you save $ on playoff tickets.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
A 2017-2018 Devils STH is making a charitable contribution to a private company.

Let's not be overly dramatic here. Buying Packers stock is a charitable donation, you get nothing for owning them other than "proving" you're a fan.

Buying Devils tickets gives you the ability to attend 44 games. Whether you think those 44 games are worth what you're paying is up to you.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Buying Devils tickets gives you the ability to attend 44 games. Whether you think those 44 games are worth what you're paying is up to you.

41 games you mean?

Well, obviously, but my point was that you can buy those 41 games net cheaper on the secondary market. And how many STH really go to all 41 games if we're being completely honest? Very, very, very few. So that's also an incremental negative as well. If this was the Montreal Canadians the financial math and my tune would be a totally different story.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Let's not be overly dramatic here. Buying Packers stock is a charitable donation, you get nothing for owning them other than "proving" you're a fan.

*43 games this year.....

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
41 games you mean?

Well, obviously, but my point was that you can buy those 41 games net cheaper on the secondary market. And how many STH really go to all 41 games if we're being completely honest? Very, very, very few. So that's also an incremental negative as well. If this was the Montreal Canadians the financial math and my tune would be a totally different story.

I miss 0-4 games a year and that's only because of other conflicts with other events. The people with full seasons around me that I know vary from missing about the same as me to 10-15 games.

I wouldn't convince anyone to buy full seasons unless they can afford them and not care what the market value of the games are. For my seats I don't actually see them on the secondary market very often for cheaper than what I pay. Whether they sell at that price is another story.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I basically gave my seat up because it was a luxury I just couldn't afford anymore. I know a friend with seasons and he is going to sell me his ticket for the one game I have to go to this season when the Sabres come to town. May go to a few others if he has to dump due to conflicts. Team still owes me $120 in TicketScammer seller credit and said they would send me the check in 90 days. That was in late March. It's now July. Time to call my old rep.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I basically gave my seat up because it was a luxury I just couldn't afford anymore. I know a friend with seasons and he is going to sell me his ticket for the one game I have to go to this season when the Sabres come to town. May go to a few others if he has to dump due to conflicts. Team still owes me $120 in TicketScammer seller credit and said they would send me the check in 90 days. That was in late March. It's now July. Time to call my old rep.

Better call quick ... I got an e-mail from my rep a couple of days ago, saying that Friday (today) will be her last day.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Anyone spoken to their rep regarding the start time for DC 3-on-3 next Wednesday? Tickets say 9AM, Devils Insider e-mail says 10AM. I'm hoping it's 10AM - maybe traffic will be lighter by then.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone spoken to their rep regarding the start time for DC 3-on-3 next Wednesday? Tickets say 9AM, Devils Insider e-mail says 10AM. I'm hoping it's 10AM - maybe traffic will be lighter by then.

I'm thinking gates open at 9, they warm up from 9:30-10, scrimmage at 10-11:30?

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Sorry if this question had been answered, but are there any tickets still available, and if so where could I find them. Thanks

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah same here would love to get tickets for Wednesday or Friday, if anyone knows where to find them, or is selling them, PM me, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad