Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Guess he's gonna take in a game and chill out a bit whilst recovering.

Could be getting a 2nd opinion on the medical issue(s). But either way, I like this move, because spending some time with the big club and watching the NHL guys is going to be good to his development. Just hope he's back on the ice soon.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Highland Park Hockey ‏@H_P_Hockey
If you missed it earlier, Wednesday's @WBSPenguins UPDATE: Bennett is back, Farnham left practice early & more: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2013/02/wednesdays-wbs-practice-update.html
Bombulie reports -
Bennett explained the nature of his injury, sort of: “This is more of a precautionary thing, a lingering thing that happened in college – not the wrist, not associated with the wrist. It’s just something I had to take care of right now and it will help me in the future.”

also, on the nickname front - i'm going to start calling him PGT because Bennett is a Beau that I regard highly.

Last edited:

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Very cryptic indeed.

He did hit a rut in the ice freshman year, sprained his MCL or something -- well, whichever one is the knee-related one, that's the 'CL' he injuerd, haha. So that would fit the book of "lower-body injury," though it's surprising it's still lingering.

But don't know why he'd be cryptic about a knee injury though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimos

May 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Seems like Scott Harrington had some fun recently.
cZCwiGn.jpg

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Loving the other captains smirk. Will be terrorising elementary school kids in the big leagues if he can work out how to translate his puberty to a moustache. Future star.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Clark Seymour with a +5 in a 10-6 Petes win over Ottawa yesterday.
One the other hand, Harrison Ruopp missed his 4th game in a row.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Could be getting a 2nd opinion on the medical issue(s).

This was the first thing that I thought, that the Pens' organization wanted to bring him in to see their own medical guys.

Hope his injury isn't serious, or even worse, has long term effects.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Olli Määttä with the tying goal and an assist, first goal and multiple-point game since mid-November. London still loses in OT. Two days after his +5 game Clark Seymour escapes a 4-9 loss with an even rating. Maybe it's his lucky week.

If you ever wanted to know what happened to CPZ and Joey Haddad (and who doesn't?), Wheeling loses in the shootout to Gwinnett who get points from both former Penguins prospects, and are coached by former Nailers assistant John Wroblewski.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
1 goal, 2 assists and +3 rating for "Sweaty" Teddy Blueger against UMD.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Bryan Bust Rust is finally finding the net in his junior year with Notre Dame. 4 point game tonight against Michigan, 23 points in 29 games on the season.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Bryan Bust Rust is finally finding the net in his junior year with Notre Dame. 4 point game tonight against Michigan, 23 points in 29 games on the season.

I'm very happy to see this, because he looked like a bag of crushed a**holes on skates at the US' WJC camp last summer, where he did nothing and was amongst the first cut. Glad to see him pick things up this year, even though I'm still in doubt that it will translate to the NHL level.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I still think Ben Hanowski is a darkhorse for the top 6 some day, but Fitzgerald saying he still needs to work on his skating kind of worries me, it was a concern when he was drafted and 3yrs later, it still is one.

Hopefully he signs, joins WBS and gets in touch with the right trainers through the team to get that sorted.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I still think Ben Hanowski is a darkhorse for the top 6 some day, but Fitzgerald saying he still needs to work on his skating kind of worries me, it was a concern when he was drafted and 3yrs later, it still is one.

Hopefully he signs, joins WBS and gets in touch with the right trainers through the team to get that sorted.

from the reports people have given he has improved his skating since he was drafted, he's just got to improve it enough that it doesn't hold him back at the NHL level. I hope that he can develop into a Matt Moulson type if everything goes right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad