Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
injury bug hitting our top prospects and our top D players. Hopefully this trend doesn't last, but it probably will.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Am I the only that thinks if Agostino leaves Yale that he will make the Pens roster next year? I'm really high on this kid and a lot of Pens fans forget about the college prospects.

People really don't give Shero credit for drafting well in the later rounds and digging up some intriguing forwards...

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Am I the only that thinks if Agostino leaves Yale that he will make the Pens roster next year? I'm really high on this kid and a lot of Pens fans forget about the college prospects.

People really don't give Shero credit for drafting well in the later rounds and digging up some intriguing forwards...

In what type of role? To me it seems like he is a third line player with some offensive potential like kennedy

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Theoretically, sure, it's possible. But usually, unless a player is absolutely dominating the college scene (i.e. Kreider being the most recent example, and Toews being another recent one), most should be sent to the minors for a year to adjust. K.A. has been very good, and I definitely think he's ready to make the jump to WBS, but no: I doubt he's ready for full-time NHL duty -- unless he signs as soon as the season is over, spends some time with WBS or the big club in the playoffs, and then spends the summer working his ass off with TR Goodman or Gary Roberts. And even then it wouldn't be a shoe-in.

But I would love to see Agostino, a healthy Kuhnhackl, and Arichibald joined by his and Megna's teammate Andrej Sustr all having good years in WBS next season. :nod:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
We really need to hit on a couple of these college forward prospects, so it's good to hear that most of them are having good seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad