Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
yes-rudy1.gif

Reactions: TMLuniverse

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
By coincidence I actually got tickets to this game a few weeks ago. Can't wait to see Willie back in the lineup finally! :welcome::towel:

Maybe I'll rain a few boos on him with the rest of the crowd. :shakehead:speechles:eyeroll:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I would have bet they would have preferred to start him on the road.

I imagine Nylander's return to the lineup had everything to do with his conditioning and readiness to play NHL hockey again as opposed to wanting to shelter him from those few fans who might boo him for a couple of seconds.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
It's odd they cancelled today. Maybe didn't want to show their cards of who was going to play with who?

Babs said last night Nylander was gonna practice and hopefully play, but then they didn't end up practicing today.
Why jump into the frying pan when you can leap face first into the fire? Watch Nylander start next to AM34 tomorrow...

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
So Brown is the new whipping boy, eh?

Some of these so-called Leaf "fans" make me sick.

I was wondering who the whiners would select as their whipping boy after Polak and Leo exited.

Again, these are people who will complain that Babcock took too many games to win the Cup while the rest of us are at the parade.

Reactions: leburn98

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So Brown is the new whipping boy, eh?

Some of these so-called Leaf "fans" make me sick.
I like Brown....He has been an offensive black hole for the better part of a season and a half now. He is what he is and if he is played in the right role then great but just because they team is great doesn't mean every player on the team is great.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I'm happy but not.
Fantasy team have him benched cuz all reports said Saturday... Tho this week I'm getting killed . Oh well.
Go leafs go!!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Strange, figured they'd give him a road game first so fans could remember how good he is before they decide to stupidly boo his first shift of the season because morons do moronic things.

More seriously this is awesome. Interested to see how in game shape he actually is. I have no doubt he's fit but he hasn't played a serious hockey game in a long time, and the last one didn't go so well.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Great to give Nylander a tune up game against the red wings before we play the Bruins.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
For the amount of money the Leafs are throwing at him, they want max return on their investment. So no matter who the opponent is or where it takes place, Nylander is playing in the first game he's physically able to.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
I like Brown....He has been an offensive black hole for the better part of a season and a half now. He is what he is and if he is played in the right role then great but just because they team is great doesn't mean every player on the team is great.

Also love Brown. Always been pumped about him after winning the OHL scoring title followed by AHL.
Something is way off about his play, like Johnsson at the beginning of the season.
Hope the best, but he is not above Kappy on the depth charts.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Lines will be

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-JT-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Lindholm-kappy

Kappy undeservedly down to the 4th line because babs refuses to demote his boy.

Also Johnsson over the goat all day every day

No chance...if Kap isn't with Matthew's he will be with Kadri

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
It's odd they cancelled today. Maybe didn't want to show their cards of who was going to play with who?

Babs said last night Nylander was gonna practice and hopefully play, but then they didn't end up practicing today.
The Detroit game IS the practice.

Honestly Babs should just juggle lines through 3 periods and see if there is anything he can use later one

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
The only way I'll be upset at the lineup is if Kap is playing on the 4th line. If Johnsson is moved to the 4th line I don't really care tbh lol.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT

Leafs had their annual Sick-Kids Hospital visit today, it's odd a practice was even scheduled in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad