*Official Moncton Wildcats 2014-15 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
4 Wildcats nominated for 5 categories including MVP and Coach of the Year.

Michel-Brière Trophy – Most Valuable Player

Ehlers, Nikolaj – Halifax Mooseheads

Garland, Conor – Moncton Wildcats

Martel, Danick – Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

Frank-J.-Selke Trophy – Sportsman of the Year

Farrell, Kyle – Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

Schweri, Kay – Sherbrooke Phoenix

Talbot-Tassi, Dominic – Moncton Wildcats

Marcel-Robert Trophy – Scholastic Player of the Year

Bois, Redgie – Rouyn-Noranda Huskies

Grégoire, Jérémy – Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Ron-Lapointe Trophy – Coach of the Year

Beausoleil, Serge – Rimouski Océanic

Bouchard, Joël – Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

Rumble, Darren – Moncton Wildcats

Maurice-Filion Trophy – General Manager of the Year

Mondou, Martin – Shawinigan Cataractes

Shannon, Roger – Moncton Wildcats

Hockeyacumen

May 4, 2014
4 Wildcats nominated for 5 categories including MVP and Coach of the Year.

Michel-Brière Trophy – Most Valuable Player

Ehlers, Nikolaj – Halifax Mooseheads

Garland, Conor – Moncton Wildcats

Martel, Danick – Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

Frank-J.-Selke Trophy – Sportsman of the Year

Farrell, Kyle – Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

Schweri, Kay – Sherbrooke Phoenix

Marcel-Robert Trophy – Scholastic Player of the Year

Bois, Redgie – Rouyn-Noranda Huskies

Grégoire, Jérémy – Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Ron-Lapointe Trophy – Coach of the Year

Bouchard, Joël – Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

Rumble, Darren – Moncton Wildcats

Maurice-Filion Trophy – General Manager of the Year

Mondou, Martin – Shawinigan Cataractes

Shannon, Roger – Moncton Wildcats

Moncton ave had a great season and their players and coach and gm deserve to be nominated but the Armada coach, Joel Bouchard should win coach of year and GM of year. This was meant to be a transition year for the Armada team. They ave one of youngest rosters in league and have won their division again (for the 3rd time in 4 years). He picks the players and then gets them to play Armada way and it work. He get way to little recognize for what he does. His record is very good over past 4 years - amazing consistency.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Last Night's game (Game 3) was the best game i've ever seen Sweeney play.

That guy was a beast out there. Blocked a ton of a shots, broke up numerous scoring chances.

Him and Dubeau were excellent. Looking forward to tonight's game.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Looks like Moncton will face a Maritime team in the next round no matter what happens. If one of Cape Breton and Halifax win, that winner will play Moncton, if both win Moncton plays Cape Breton, if neither win, Moncton plays Charlottetown.

A Moncton-Halifax series would be great, and a Moncton-Charlottetown would be great.

This is also Moncton's first time past the first round since they won the Championship back in 2010.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Looks like Moncton will face a Maritime team in the next round no matter what happens. If one of Cape Breton and Halifax win, that winner will play Moncton, if both win Moncton plays Cape Breton, if neither win, Moncton plays Charlottetown.

A Moncton-Halifax series would be great, and a Moncton-Charlottetown would be great.

This is also Moncton's first time past the first round since they won the Championship back in 2010.

Looks like a Halifax-Moncton faceoff - Awesome :yo:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Should be a good series! Can't see Moncton losing it honestly. Good luck to Halifax! Going to be going home to see game two on Saturday after work (in Fredericton) first playoff game I've seen since 2010 against SJ!

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
OT: Is there a special dialect in Moncton, that play-by-play guy is talking in a certain way. Also most biased commentator, ever.

Good luck in next series, I think this game is over

Last edited:

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
OT: Is there a special dialect in Moncton, that play-by-play guy is talking in a certain way. Also most biased commentator, ever.

Good luck in next series, I think this game is over

Did it sound like he was throwing in some french words? Because it is most likely Shiac, which is a dialect, I guess.

Also, Garland with 5 assists, and 1g 16a in this series against Halifax.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Well the season went as I expected. I didn't think the Wildcats would get past the 3rd round and they pretty much did that.

I expect them to be one of the top next year with Quebec and Rimouski regressing with most of their top talent leaving for the pros.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Well the season went as I expected. I didn't think the Wildcats would get past the 3rd round and they pretty much did that.

I expect them to be one of the top next year with Quebec and Rimouski regressing with most of their top talent leaving for the pros.

Moncton is also losing some key players and their division will be much stronger with Cape Breton, Charlottetown and Saint John.

As of now, Moncton has no starting goaltender.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Moncton is also losing some key players and their division will be much stronger with Cape Breton, Charlottetown and Saint John.

As of now, Moncton has no starting goaltender.

I think they can find a way to acquire a goalie. Also they can bring in 2 Euros next year so I'm sure that will be a big boost to the club.

Usually 20 yr old goalies aren't too expensive and provide solid goaltending. They could also use that 2nd Euro pick on a goalie like they did for Roman Will a few years back.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
I think they can find a way to acquire a goalie. Also they can bring in 2 Euros next year so I'm sure that will be a big boost to the club.

Usually 20 yr old goalies aren't too expensive and provide solid goaltending. They could also use that 2nd Euro pick on a goalie like they did for Roman Will a few years back.

Euro goalies are no longer eligible for the CHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad