*OFFICIAL* Moncton Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Rumble said there's a good chance McLeod , Tkachev and Malatesta will all be here next year. That's huge news. If McLeod shows , he'd be one of the league's best defensemen.

McLeod - Johnston
Sweeney - Holwell
Malatesta - Klebanskyj

If they do report , that brings a weak defence into one of the best bluelines in the league

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Lots of rumours that Moncton is on the verge of signing both McLeod and Miles Gendron. Those would be two huge additions.

Darren Rumble also stated that Moncton will draft heavy on American kids. Luke McInnis a possibility there.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
Via Jerome Berube....

3 way trade between Moncton, Acadie-Bathurst, Drummondville

Moncton gets Askew + 9th & 12th round pick (A-B)

Drummondville gets: 17th pick overall (bat) & Zach Beaudoin

Acadie-Bathurst gets: Mark Simpson & two 2nd rd pick (Mon)

You know Moncton will pick American kids already committed to college with their 9th, 12th round picks. lol

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
What is your take on this trade? Good trade for Moncton? Will they be contenders next year?

Decent trade . Askew has a lot of potential and will be an impact player for the next four seasons. It was a steep price to pay though. Two second rounders and a fourth would be nice to have. Mark Simpson is a good player to part ways with but is 19 years old. Zach Beaudoin is a throw in, he already had two training camps and couldn't make the roster.

Overall I'm happy with it. The late round picks we got back from Bathurst will able us to take some American kids who , based alone on talent , would likely be top 3/4 round picks.

I'm not going to say contenders but based on recent news of Malatesta and Askew , I think we'll definitely have a winning record. If McLeod were to show , he would be a huge impact defenseman for us. When we started rebuilding last season , the game plan was to have a consistently good team year after year like the London Knights. Some of their moves have been questionable but I think we're on the right track.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB
Decent trade . Askew has a lot of potential and will be an impact player for the next four seasons. It was a steep price to pay though. Two second rounders and a fourth would be nice to have. Mark Simpson is a good player to part ways with but is 19 years old. Zach Beaudoin is a throw in, he already had two training camps and couldn't make the roster.

Overall I'm happy with it. The late round picks we got back from Bathurst will able us to take some American kids who , based alone on talent , would likely be top 3/4 round picks.

I'm not going to say contenders but based on recent news of Malatesta and Askew , I think we'll definitely have a winning record. If McLeod were to show , he would be a huge impact defenseman for us. When we started rebuilding last season , the game plan was to have a consistently good team year after year like the London Knights. Some of their moves have been questionable but I think we're on the right track.

That's good to hear, they really like the American kids. I can't wait to see Malatesta this year! Will Dubeau return? and will he be a 20 yr old?

wein

Jul 2, 2013
How many Americans will Moncton have ?

Depends on trades, who gets cut in camp etc. but I would be surprised if it is under 7 Americans on the roster at the start of the season. Already have Smith, Garland, Askew, White, Malatesta and may be able to count Seeger who lives/played a lot of his hockey down there even though he is originally from Canada.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Depends on trades, who gets cut in camp etc. but I would be surprised if it is under 7 Americans on the roster at the start of the season. Already have Smith, Garland, Askew, White, Malatesta and may be able to count Seeger who lives/played a lot of his hockey down there even though he is originally from Canada.

Seeger joined the team down the stretch and there's no reason he won't be here this season.

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
The Wildcats plan is really starting to work. Other then potentially Askew and Malatesta though, none of their Americans are really impact players. It'd be nice to see them bring in a player like an Adam Erne, Noah Hanifin, Chad Krys, etc. Until then, they could just as easily be using hometown products because some of these Americans, (White, Seeger, Hunt, etc) can barely play at this level but it seems like they're taking them on the team just because they're American , just a couple thoughts

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
The Wildcats plan is really starting to work. Other then potentially Askew and Malatesta though, none of their Americans are really impact players. It'd be nice to see them bring in a player like an Adam Erne, Noah Hanifin, Chad Krys, etc. Until then, they could just as easily be using hometown products because some of these Americans, (White, Seeger, Hunt, etc) can barely play at this level but it seems like they're taking them on the team just because they're American , just a couple thoughts

Seeger really started to light it up down the stretch , I didn't look it up but something like a point per game in his last nine games. Connor Garland is surely an impact player and Will Smith as well. Smith might not be known for his offensive production but is a very realiable two-way player that can play in all situations. I doubt White will be on this year's team. You can't win them all. Jonathan McLeod and Anthony Florentino would certainly be impact players if they showed up. I still think it's working good for them and hope they go in Saturday with the same game plan.

ns64

Aug 8, 2013
Seeger really started to light it up down the stretch , I didn't look it up but something like a point per game in his last nine games. Connor Garland is surely an impact player and Will Smith as well. Smith might not be known for his offensive production but is a very realiable two-way player that can play in all situations. I doubt White will be on this year's team. You can't win them all. Jonathan McLeod and Anthony Florentino would certainly be impact players if they showed up. I still think it's working good for them and hope they go in Saturday with the same game plan.

Tucker White is an American they brought in that was a flop !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad