Salary Cap: Official LA Kings 2017-18 Organization Chart

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Does anybody know a good list for our unsigned prospects and active rights? The Kings used to have one on their official site that they updated regularly, but they took it down entirely with the last website update and I can't find a good list anywhere. Everything but that is updated.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Does anybody know a good list for our unsigned prospects and active rights? The Kings used to have one on their official site that they updated regularly, but they took it down entirely with the last website update and I can't find a good list anywhere. Everything but that is updated.

I thought you updated it (unsigned prospects) at the start of the season? Sure looks up-to-date to me. I don't think you are missing anyone, and those numbers would not have changed. Thanks for the update.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I thought you updated it (unsigned prospects) at the start of the season? Sure looks up-to-date to me. I don't think you are missing anyone, and those numbers would not have changed. Thanks for the update.

Yeah, I am not too worried about it right now but eventually I'll need to update it. Just need to find a new source.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thanks for the update. Not sure if you want to add a note that Damir Sharipzyanov has been loaned to the KHL for the 17-18 season. Several of the players ages need to be updated. Maybe that would be appropriate just prior to the season starting.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thanks for the update. A few errors and omissions to correct.

In the unsigned prospects section:
Cole Hults was drafted in the 5th round, not the 4th.
You left off center Drake Rymsha, who was drafted in the 5th round (138th overall).

Oscar Fantenberg, D, 25 years old, $925,000 for 17-18, RFA 2018-2019 is missing from the prospects roster.

Qualifying offers are due tomorrow, so more changes possible in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The rights expiry for the new prospects is all incorrect. I'd have to look into each player to give you a list, but for example Gabe Vilardi's rights expire on June 1, 2019, since he was drafted out of OHL. I'll put together how long Kings hold rights to each player later tonight when I get a chance.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rights Expiry Dates:

Note for Russians there is no confirmation but the age they reach UFA age seems to be consensus from what I have seen. So that's why I put N/A (Date they reach UFA).

C Gabe Vilardi - June 1, 2019
C Jaret Anderson-Dolan - June 1, 2019
C Drake Rymsha - June 1, 2019
C Michael Eyssimont - August 15, 2019
C Alexander Dergachev - N/A (July 1, 2024)

LW Nikolai Prokhorkin - N/A (July 1, 2021)

LD Michael Anderson - August 15, 2022*
LD Marcus Phillips - June 1, 2019
LD Cole Hults - August 15, 2021
LD Jacob Friend - June 1, 2018
LD Steven Johnson - August 15, 2018

G Matt Villalta - June 1, 2019

*-If Michael Anderson does not start NCAA hockey this coming season as eliteprospects indicates. If this is the case he can become UFA on June 1, 2021 by declaring his intention to turn pro following his junior year.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Rights Expiry Dates:

Note for Russians there is no confirmation but the age they reach UFA age seems to be consensus from what I have seen. So that's why I put N/A (Date they reach UFA).

*-If Michael Anderson does not start NCAA hockey this coming season as eliteprospects indicates. If this is the case he can become UFA on June 1, 2021 by declaring his intention to turn pro following his junior year.

You are awesome, yeah I made them up until I could get official ones. I'll update them when I get home, thanks!

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Rights Expiry Dates:

According to this, Friend shoots R......

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176069

I only bring it up since, apparently, 85% of NHL defensemen are left-handed!!! :amazed:

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
And for peeps keeping track, the Kings RHD consist of....

1) Doughty
2) LaDue
3) Roy
4) Friend
5) Voynov (does he even count?)

So, yeah, I'd love to see our depth in this department improve.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
According to this, Friend shoots R......

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176069

I only bring it up since, apparently, 85% of NHL defensemen are left-handed!!! :amazed:

Odd. According to eliteprospects he is left handed.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=253249

But I think you are right because the official Owen Sound Attack site has him as a right handed.

http://attackhockey.com/players/6898

Don't think it matters, after last season Friend is a huge long shot to be signed into the organization.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
FYI, at the Kings state of the franchise meeting with season ticket holders, Blake had a depth chart posted that shows we still have the rights to Domink Kubalik. In fact, he was listed very high on the LW depth chart. So one has to assume the chart is correct, that he is still with the Kings for the taking if he wants to play in North America. Prohorkin was still on the chart too.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
FYI, at the Kings state of the franchise meeting with season ticket holders, Blake had a depth chart posted that shows we still have the rights to Domink Kubalik. In fact, he was listed very high on the LW depth chart. So one has to assume the chart is correct, that he is still with the Kings for the taking if he wants to play in North America. Prohorkin was still on the chart too.

Prohorkin makes sense. The lack of transfer agreement with the Russian federation means that rights to Russian KHL players are held indefinitely (albeit it has been speculated that once normal UFA age hits those rights are lost).

For Kubalik I don't see at all how that is possible.

Notwithstanding any provision of subsection (a) to the contrary, Clubs shall have additional
rights set forth in subsections (i), (ii) and (iii) below with respect to Players who either: (i) were
drafted while playing in the Major Juniors or (ii) other than college players described in Section
(c) below or Players drafted from a club outside North America described in Section (d) below,
play in the Juniors during the period of time that a Club holds their exclusive negotiating rights
and, in either case, cease to play in the Juniors and play in a league other than Juniors prior to
age 20.
(ii) If a Player who is drafted as an 18-year-old ceases to play in the Juniors in
the second League Year after he has been drafted and the Club has
tendered to such Player a Bona Fide Offer pursuant to 8.6(a)(ii), his
drafting Club shall have the exclusive right of negotiation for his services
until the fourth June 1 following his initial selection in the Entry Draft.

Since Kubalik played in Major Juniors for one year after being drafted then left, it means the Kings retained his rights until the fourth June 1 following his initial selection in the entry draft. That date was June 1, 2017. The Kings have lost his rights.

So either1) Blake and co screwed up or 2) The NHL does not have a transfer agreement with the Czech association. 2 does not seem likely considering this...

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-nears-new-player-transfer-agreement/c-669998

I'd love to hear Blake's reasoning on this.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Prohorkin makes sense. The lack of transfer agreement with the Russian federation means that rights to Russian KHL players are held indefinitely (albeit it has been speculated that once normal UFA age hits those rights are lost).

Since Kubalik played in Major Juniors for one year after being drafted then left, it means the Kings retained his rights until the fourth June 1 following his initial selection in the entry draft. That date was June 1, 2017. The Kings have lost his rights.

So either1) Blake and co screwed up or 2) The NHL does not have a transfer agreement with the Czech association. 2 does not seem likely considering this...

Good explanation, I was surprised too. Apparently Kubalik is looking to play in the Swiss league this year according to reports. He is 22 I believe.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Jacob Friend is left handed in every picture i googled, best way to see which hand is lower.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland

What's the big deal over Kubalik? Neither relinquishing his rights nor erroneously having his name on a roster chart in August is reason to assume Blake made some terrible error.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00