Salary Cap: Official LA Kings 2017-18 Organization Chart

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Jacob Friend is left handed in every picture i googled, best way to see which hand is lower.

For some reason some sites designate left shooting dmen as "RD" if they actually play right defense, though on their off side. I guess to be super duper accurate and thorough there should be two columns: Shot = L or R and Plays = LD or RD or D (to imply plays both sides). My as well do the same thing with wingers.

Opinion: This right shot/right defense thing is getting ridiculous. Seemed like back in the 70s and 80s, at least, prioritizing R+R dmen was the exception, not the rule.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
For some reason some sites designate left shooting dmen as "RD" if they actually play right defense, though on their off side. I guess to be super duper accurate and thorough there should be two columns: Shot = L or R and Plays = LD or RD or D (to imply plays both sides). My as well do the same thing with wingers.

Opinion: This right shot/right defense thing is getting ridiculous. Seemed like back in the 70s and 80s, at least, prioritizing R+R dmen was the exception, not the rule.

I did not say he plays on left or right side, just answered to people what side stick he uses.

Have to say that most or even every coach would like to use L-R pair if it`s possible on major leagues. Game is not played like it was in 70`s or 80`s.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What's the big deal over Kubalik? Neither relinquishing his rights nor erroneously having his name on a roster chart in August is reason to assume Blake made some terrible error.

Kubalik is a guy who could be a coveted ufa, He has developed very nicely in europe. He should be a ufa by the cba rules, I'm just curious how Blake thinks they retain his rights. If management team doesn't know cba as well as people on a message board...thats not a good sign. There might be a different reason Blake thinks he is still kings property, but I can't find it.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Welp, with the update my charts went everywhere :P It probably isn't too hard to fix under the new format and all the raw data is there, but I've been busy at work and don't think I have the time to keep things updated regularly. Does anyone else out there want to take over for our organization chart?

Firestorm

Mar 2, 2011
Canada Eh?
Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me asking a fantasy hockey question. Should I sell high on Dustin Brown considering the start he's had?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So Kubalik, Dergachyov and Prokhorkin are still ours... thats awesome news...

I posted in length in the Kubalik thread. I don't see any way he is Kings property. Remember that capfriendly is fan created so liable to be wrong.

Porkhorkin and Dergachyov are playing in Russia. Due to a lack of transfer agreement right now both have their rights held indefinately as far as I've seen. Some conflicting reports have unsigned prospects losing rights at 27. however the best CBA people I know have said indefinitely is more likely.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Well, either way I think this new information and chart available on Cap Friendly pretty much eliminate the need to create a new chart in this thread as it seems that all the work is already being done at their site. I hope the owner of the site is not scooped up by an NHL team. It's such a valuable resource to the fans and media.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I posted in length in the Kubalik thread. I don't see any way he is Kings property. Remember that capfriendly is fan created so liable to be wrong.

Porkhorkin and Dergachyov are playing in Russia. Due to a lack of transfer agreement right now both have their rights held indefinately as far as I've seen. Some conflicting reports have unsigned prospects losing rights at 27. however the best CBA people I know have said indefinitely is more likely.
In regards to Kubalik wouldn't it be the same as the Russian players??? aren't kids drafted from leagues without an agreement subject to having their rights owned until age 27 or until an agreement is struck???

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
In regards to Kubalik wouldn't it be the same as the Russian players??? aren't kids drafted from leagues without an agreement subject to having their rights owned until age 27 or until an agreement is struck???

The Czech Association (along with the Fins, Swedes, Swiss, Germans, etc) have all signed the transfer agreement. Kubalik was playing in the Czech league. So he wouldn't have been in an indefinite situation.

And apparently it is indefinite for Russian players, not 27. There's no language in the CBA dealing with this though so it is somewhat up in the air.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What is going on with this thread? Why is a 2017-18 thread stickied?

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I dunno, I am way too lazy and CapFriendly does too good of a job now to ever update this :P

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2017-18!

3a7985927c14723c288ea50f31abf1be.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Okay, unstickying, and letting it sink.

Thanks for all the efforts over the years, @Telos ! This was always invaluable!

Also, as a stickied thread, it seems to be one of the oldest threads alive on the forum since it was apparently preserved in migration

Reactions: Telos

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
No worries, it is the original thread I made in 2009 and I just kept updating it rather than make a new one, but it was back in the day where you had to go to 4-5 different websites to get all of the financial, player, prospect, and draft pick information versus today where CapFriendly eventually combined them all.

If for some reason someone isn't using it, go to the Kings page here: Los Angeles Kings - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Absolutely beautiful resource. It makes you really appreciate how amazing of a position the team is in right now given our prospect depth and financial health. Blake is in an enviable position right now, it will be entertaining to watch how the team develops over these next couple of years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->