Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why would we do that? We would just keep him at that point and wait for more suitors in the off-season?

:laugh:

You really think JT Miller is going to fetch less than Blake Coleman? Cmon man... you out of everyone should know what's up.

Way more realistic than these other things being thrown around.

You aren't getting Schneider, you aren't getting Lafreniere. You certainly aren't getting both with a pick attached.

Reactions: deathb4disco

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Way more realistic than these other things being thrown around.

You aren't getting Schneider, you aren't getting Lafreniere. You certainly aren't getting both with a pick attached.

Schneider/Laffy/1st was obviously a pipedream BS offer that guy posted.

Schneider nor Laffy are enough for Miller in a 1 for 1 swap.

Sorry but magic beans are not worth more than a first line forward on a great contract.

Feb 19, 2018
I can see Miller and Hoglander going as a package for Lafrenier and Schneider. Maybe a second headed to the Canucks as well.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Wait, are Canucks fans being serious when they say they expect a 1+Laf+Schneider for Miller? I love JT, but come on lol.
Every fan base has their fans that are home team through and through and don't watch or understand hockey outside of their narrow biased view. I could point out a few from both sides in this debate. So to answer your question - No, Canucks fanS don't expect that - but there is the 1%ers out there that no one can speak for.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I can see Miller and Hoglander going as a package for Lafrenier and Schneider. Maybe a second headed to the Canucks as well.
c3d608fb-a5a2-469e-927e-8610c96b1452_text.gif

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Wait, are Canucks fans being serious when they say they expect a 1+Laf+Schneider for Miller? I love JT, but come on lol.
No. Maybe a few dumb dumbs might. But Laffy doesn't get Miller straight up. Laffy isn't even the best player from his draft and is only 2 years removed from it.

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
This thread is a cesspool.

We're well aware that Miller will not be returning Laf + Schneider + 1st round pick.

Everyone outside of a delusional (trolling...?) Lightning fan also knows he'll return more than Nils Lundkvist and a 2nd.

This deal has been done 100x over, Prospect + 1st Rounder, the only thing to discuss is what does the 2nd year get you? Young Roster Player + 2nd? Rutherford has made it clear that we're not tearing it down to the studs, we're going to be looking for young talent that can step in right away while looking at futures as well.

I think a realistic proposal from NYR would be Nils Lundkvist/K'andre Miller + Brendan Othmann + 1st and a 3rd that is conditioned to move to a 2nd if Miller plays top 6 minutes and they advance to the ECF. Maybe we throw a 3rd in on Vancouvers side, or add a player like Motte.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Schneider Kratsov 1st and 3rd for Miller and Motte.
NO

Lol NYR are gonna blow assets for a guy they made as throw in with McDonagh because they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
NO

They should still be grateful they got Panarin and Fox. Without them, they're boned. I do not get what Drury will do because he essentially traded away a 60 point player for a 3rd line grinder and cap space to sign a similar player.

So go ahead Rangers, trade away Nils and a 1st for Miller. Stop thinking every prospect of yours is the next amazing player for once
NO
And as to prospects, we call 'em like we see 'em. You guys are desperate enough to get them, and you can't have them. Your only hope is Drury is actually stupid enuf not to listen to bernmeister and do a youth for vets deal when the impending cap shit next season is beyond tragic folly. Hopefully Slats and Dolan make sure he doesn't go there.

Schneider/Laffy/1st was obviously a pipedream BS offer that guy posted.

Schneider nor Laffy are enough for Miller in a 1 for 1 swap.

Sorry but magic beans are not worth more than a first line forward on a great contract.
NO

NO
And also IF we dealt LaF, it would be to MON who would likely pay the most.

This thread is a cesspool.

We're well aware that Miller will not be returning Laf + Schneider + 1st round pick.

Everyone outside of a delusional (trolling...?) Lightning fan also knows he'll return more than Nils Lundkvist and a 2nd.

This deal has been done 100x over, Prospect + 1st Rounder, the only thing to discuss is what does the 2nd year get you? Young Roster Player + 2nd? Rutherford has made it clear that we're not tearing it down to the studs, we're going to be looking for young talent that can step in right away while looking at futures as well.

I think a realistic proposal from NYR would be Nils Lundkvist/K'andre Miller + Brendan Othmann + 1st and a 3rd that is conditioned to move to a 2nd if Miller plays top 6 minutes and they advance to the ECF. Maybe we throw a 3rd in on Vancouvers side, or add a player like Motte.
NO

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
NO

NO

NO
And as to prospects, we call 'em like we see 'em. You guys are desperate enough to get them, and you can't have them. Your only hope is Drury is actually stupid enuf not to listen to bernmeister and do a youth for vets deal when the impending cap shit next season is beyond tragic folly. Hopefully Slats and Dolan make sure he doesn't go there.

NO

NO
And also IF we dealt LaF, it would be to MON who would likely pay the most.

NO

Bernmeister... Bernie.. if I may. I think it's time to put the cognac away for the night, and maybe go outside for a quick walk. I appreciate your love for Nils Lundkvist but if you think him + 2nd is an overpayment, then I don't know if you can provide anything of value to this conversation. Enjoy your team, they look amazing, and when any JT Miller news comes on the radio, put your fingers in your ear and go "la la la la la" and everything will be OK.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bernmeister... Bernie.. if I may. I think it's time to put the cognac away for the night, and maybe go outside for a quick walk. I appreciate your love for Nils Lundkvist but if you think him + 2nd is an overpayment, then I don't know if you can provide anything of value to this conversation. Enjoy your team, they look amazing, and when any JT Miller news comes on the radio, put your fingers in your ear and go "la la la la la" and everything will be OK.
as I believe I have specified in earlier posts, the issue is not value, but currency, and that NY has excruciating cap crunch beg. next season. Adding Miller can not happen w/o trading someone and there is no one to trade b'c almost everybody besides Lindgren has a nmc/ntc. And then, as I've said, if we deal Lindgren as part of a package to get Miller at half, we have zero $ for Kakko, LaF etc.
be careful with the veiled condescension I give as good as I get
that said, make love, not war ... if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad