Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Larry Brooks is confirming now that there have been discussions with NYR and Van for Miller...

Lots of smoke now with this.

Miller camp also acknowledged today that they are aware of trade speculations for Miller and have made it clear that they have not asked for a trade.
No he isn’t. He speculated because Miller could fill Strome’s spot for 22/23 season. Rangers aren’t pulling the same tactics that Sather did with Girardi,Cally and Zuc.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Lol NYR are gonna blow assets for a guy they made as throw in with McDonagh because they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
They should still be grateful they got Panarin and Fox. Without them, they're boned. I do not get what Drury will do because he essentially traded away a 60 point player for a 3rd line grinder and cap space to sign a similar player.

So go ahead Rangers, trade away Nils and a 1st for Miller. Stop thinking every prospect of yours is the next amazing player for once

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Isn't that generally how most negotiations go?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect greater sophistication. There's no shortage of information available and people involved in a decision on both sides (pro scouts, amateur scouts, numbers people, perhaps even ownership). The sales tactics would annoy me if I were in those shoes.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I just want Schneider.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BrentSopelsHair

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect greater sophistication. There's no shortage of information available and people involved in a decision on both sides (pro scouts, amateur scouts, numbers people, perhaps even ownership). The sales tactics would annoy me if I were in those shoes.

Yet we see lopsided or at the very least uneven trades all the time.

You won't get it if you don't ask for it :P

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'm glad that reports are coming out that Rutherford's ask for Miller is astronomical.

There is literally no rush to get this done before the deadline and Rutherford has no reason to come down from his astronomical ask.

How many contending teams might be interested in him right now realistically? 4-5?

Now wait till summer and put JT Miller on the block.

Point per Game Centre or Wing making 2.5 mil ( if Canucks retain to get max value) at the age of 28.

How many teams will be interested then?? 12-14?

Sell him high before the deadline, if not sell him high in the offeason

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd assume that with numerous reports out there, that the NYR have at the very least inquired about Miller.

Today there are reports that the ask is "Astronomical", and that the Canucks have looked into Laf.

I'd love to be a fly on Rutherfords wall, just to see what his initial ask was for Miller.

I bet it wasn't far off Laf+ Schnieder/Lundkvist+ 1st

I'm not suggesting this happens, but curious to know what an astronomical ask that includes Laf would be.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I'd assume that with numerous reports out there, that the NYR have at the very least inquired about Miller.

Today there are reports that the ask is "Astronomical", and that the Canucks have looked into Laf.

I'd love to be a fly on Rutherfords wall, just to see what his initial ask was for Miller.

I bet it wasn't far off Laf+ Schnieder/Lundkvist+ 1st

I'm not suggesting this happens, but curious to know what an astronomical ask that includes Laf would be.

My guess is astronomical is 4+ average 1st round quality pieces. I don’t think Vancouver is nuts enough to ask for a guy like Lafreniere for a guy with only a year and a half left on his contract.

The Rangers probably only want to part with maybe 2 and a lesser piece (Lundkvist, 1st, and 2nd or B prospect, for example).

So, here we are, waiting to see how they meet in the middle on this if it happens. I personally do not want Miller, but if it does I think we would see some conditionals in play. Lundkvist, ‘22 1st, ‘23 2nd that upgrades to a 1st if the Rangers win a Cup in ‘22 or ‘23. We accepted similar conditionals when the Rangers rebuilt and traded away quality players like McDonagh and Zucc

Reactions: CanuckCity

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I'm glad that reports are coming out that Rutherford's ask for Miller is astronomical.

There is literally no rush to get this done before the deadline and Rutherford has no reason to come down from his astronomical ask.

How many contending teams might be interested in him right now realistically? 4-5?

Now wait till summer and put JT Miller on the block.

Point per Game Centre or Wing making 2.5 mil ( if Canucks retain to get max value) at the age of 28.

How many teams will be interested then?? 12-14?

Sell him high before the deadline, if not sell him high in the offeason
His return would be worse in the off season though because part of his value right now is that he can play half a season plus playoffs this year on top of a full season + playoffs next year.

Reactions: Ruggs225

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
In before Miller gets traded for Nils Lundkvist and a 2nd.

Why would we do that? We would just keep him at that point and wait for more suitors in the off-season?

:laugh:

You really think JT Miller is going to fetch less than Blake Coleman? Cmon man... you out of everyone should know what's up.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
If we managed to get Lafreniere, Schneider and a 1st for Miller I would cartwheel naked down Granville St.

You should also light yourself on fire and bone Margot Robbie while you're at it because anything is possible and nothing goes poorly in this dreamland scenario of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad