OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Colour on the logo is off. What else would you look for?

On those two jerseys specifically, from what I can tell just from those pictures?

SENS:
- color is off
- the front logo is "bubbling" at the nose, which means it's made of twill, which means it's fake
- the interior neck tagging is off
- customization on the back is off (albeit very slightly, but in a way that's easy to spot if you're looking for it because of the consistency in this problem among fake jerseys)
- you should be able to see the large stitching outline for the fight strap on the back. You can't because they used a cheap small-ass strap with no twill reinforcement.

BRUINS:
- everything I said about the Sens jersey
- shoulder patches are "folded", which is like a huge giveaway. Honestly, that's the biggest giveaway: that perfectly folded shoulder patch to me makes it 99.99999999% fake.
- bubbling all over the customization on the back.

There's probably tons more clues in person, but those aren't the best pictures.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The easiest way to spot an Edge fake is to look at the fight strap stitching or ask for a picture of the inside fight strap.

On fake jerseys, it'll be stitched as a small dinky square. On real jerseys, it's a large rectangle with a second rectangle inside. It's hard to explain, but the shape is completely different on fake jerseys.

If you look inside, real jerseys will always use a piece of twill (same shiny material that is used for numbers). Except for on Indo-Edge jerseys where the twill will always be white, on Edge 1.0/2.0 jerseys the twill will be the same colour as the jersey. (IE. Red for Senators home).

Fake jerseys usually use a scrap piece of the fake jersey fabric. So it looks like someone cut up a chunk of Reebok Premier fabric and used that to attach the fight strap.

Here is a photo comparison I found on Ice Jerseys after digging around on google.

Too legit 2 quit
Fightstrapinside.jpg

fakedy fake fake fake
IMG_20120124_064244.jpg

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Let's not confuse fakes with knock-offs. This example is not a knock-off of a jersey that was worn by the Sens, whereas the knock-offs are!

There definitely are pre-Edge Sens fakes, but they're phenomenally obvious fakes. You'd know one if you saw one.

This, for instance, is a fake pre-Edge Sens jersey:

160.jpg

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
...............Oh knock it off you guys!

I should have clarified, that I've never seen any CCM/Koho replica knock offs in my few years collecting, so I assumed none or very few exist.

Regarding the strange colours of that jersey, I wish CCM/Reebok would take a page out of Starter's book and release different colours that were never used of certain jersey designs.

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_57.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad