Injury Report: Official Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

petesrw

Apr 6, 2009
And 2009 too, wasn't he?

I think in 2009 they had D and Z split mostly, mixing Filppula onto one of their wings or 3rd line center. Filp centered Hossa on line 2 occasionally in the playoffs from what I recall.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Poorly.
Thanks Mike.

No Stuart, no Lidstrom, leading the league in man games lost. 2 pts out of what the Wings finished last year. I'll speak for him and say 'you're welcome'.

If this were a full season Datsyuk would be on pace to eclipse his previous season total by 20pts. Just sayin'.

RedWingsNow*

No Stuart, no Lidstrom, leading the league in man games lost. 2 pts out of what the Wings finished last year. I'll speak for him and say 'you're welcome'.

If this were a full season Datsyuk would be on pace to eclipse his previous season total by 20pts. Just sayin'.

Datsyuk was generating Hart consideration when he got hurt last year.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Holland said Samuelsson is having tests tomorrow. They don't think it's anything more than a day to day injury

This POS needs to man up. Are you a serious NHL level player or just a rag time hockey *******? Guys is out for over a month with a broken finger. Joey Kocur used to break his fingers regularly

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI

No kidding. I can't for the life of me understand the Babcock criticism on here. What do people expect him to do with this team? A team full of 3-5th defensemen, a team with no legit goal scorers, a team whose been decimated with injuries and yet they are sitting in a playoff spot with 13 games left. I didn't realize it was Babcock who signed the players he coaches. I thought it was his job to get the most out of what he is given, and if I look at everything he has been given he has exceeded my expectations. Considering all we figured this team would finish between 6-10th in the conference when completely healthy.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Wouldnt it be nice to put someone out there who could respond with energy after we get scored on?

Couldve used that today.

No, wait i forgot, Helm is overrated.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No kidding. I can't for the life of me understand the Babcock criticism on here. What do people expect him to do with this team? A team full of 3-5th defensemen, a team with no legit goal scorers, a team whose been decimated with injuries and yet they are sitting in a playoff spot with 13 games left. I didn't realize it was Babcock who signed the players he coaches. I thought it was his job to get the most out of what he is given, and if I look at everything he has been given he has exceeded my expectations. Considering all we figured this team would finish between 6-10th in the conference when completely healthy.

People have had criticisms of the way he handles lineups. That is definitely on the coach.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If the team thought Franzen was the kind of player to put up 70-80 pts and pot 30+ goals every season he'd be making between 5 and 6 million or maybe even more.

:laugh:

Franzen was making $5.5M for the first 2 years of his contract, he's making $5.25M as we speak, and he'll make at least $5M per year until 2016.

He wasn't paid to score 70-80 points per se, but he was paid to score at a 30 goal pace.

Franzen will be paid between $5.5 million and $5 million for the first seven seasons of the contract.

"His production over the past year and a half, both regular season and playoffs, has been remarkable and we feel, at 29 years old, that he is just now entering the prime of his career," said general manager Ken Holland.

"We got a cap number that we think is good," Holland said. "On the open market, I think he'd get well into the $5.5s."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4061069

"Good security for him, now he's got to continue to evolve his game," coach Mike Babcock said. "You're not just signing him for what he is, you're signing him for what you hope he's going to be. So that means work ethic and determination and skill development and continue to get better so he can be the player we perceive him to be."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/04/red_wings_reportedly_sign_joha.html

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
:laugh:

Franzen was making $5.5M for the first 2 years of his contract, he's making $5.25M as we speak, and he'll make at least $5M per year until 2016.

He wasn't paid to score 70-80 points per se, but he was paid to score at a 30 goal pace.

and while he hasn't done that thus far this year,he did just that 5 seasons in a row

for all the whining about Franzen over the years he's been amazingly consistant about his goal scoring paces

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He sets the lines and lineup. Holland even made that much clear during the DeKeyser signing. Babcock operates with a certain autonomy that a lot of coaches lack in the league. You can complain about Tatar, but he has found a way to keep Andersson and until today Lashoff up to a huge extent. He tells Kenny they aren't going anywhere. He dictates the minutes a lot of these guys get.

The bigger issue with Babcock for me isn't that I think he is a bad coach, although he has frustrated me at times. The big issue is his extension, which I see no reason to give as 8 years is a long coaching shelf life. I think teams eventually tune guys out or they run out of ideas and need a fresh start. If they extend him, that is when I will truly be surprised. You can do much worse than Mike Babcock, but his message might be overly stale and his ideas and coaching staffs really since McLellan left have been wanting at times.

and while he hasn't done that thus far this year,he did just that 5 seasons in a row

for all the whining about Franzen over the years he's been amazingly consistant about his goal scoring paces

Agreed, I understand wanting him to score more, but he does what he does and has been a huge part of this team. He does his role and to the degree they pay him. People treat him like a seven million dollar player and he isn't that. Plus it is his actual cap hit that I care about and the true number they think of him as. Without those extra years to control it and keep it down his figure is higher and hunt away.

NewHabsEra*

Cant find any update on Zetterberg, Is he expected to miss several games?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Khan:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 53s
Zetterberg said tests on his injured groin (happened in Thursday's game) showed "something" and he remains day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad