Injury Report: Official Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
LOL.

I guess you guys forget all the talk about Franzen the beast and Franzenstein, and Franzen being as valuable as Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Who's talk was that? Not the Wings front office, and not anyone I agreed with, at least on that last bit about value. So not really relevant to me.

So based on 13 months, the Wings paid Franzen an 11 year contract to be a 30 goal scorer.

Largely based on 13 months, yeah. That 13 months was a large part of their expectations going forward. But they didn't expect him to keep that pace, otherwise they would have paid him more.

About what he's doing now?

Not a chance.

Production-wise, yes. Though I'm sure they haven't been overly happy about his effort levels on a lot of nights.

Since he signed that contract, here are his regular season numbers, averaged to 82 games: 29 goals, 30 assists. Playoffs (again, averaged to 82 games): 30 goals, 43 assists.

So yeah, about what he's doing now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think Holland wanted to keep Flip and Hudler, which is why he passed on Hossa. I guess you could say it was a choice of:

Franzen + Hossa - 65-70 goals

Hossa + Flip, maybe Hudler - 80-90 goals

or Franzen, Flip and Hudler - 80 goals

Keeping Hossa would have meant dumping 1-2 home-developed guys. I personally think that shouldn't have had much to do with it given Hossa's superior offensive skills + two-way play, but it is what it is.

Not to mention Sammy, too. Holland clearly had hopes of keeping everyone but Hossa, and it blew up on him when Sammy left and Hudler bolted.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
You guys are clogging up the thread with this off-topic Franzen/Hossa argument. Get off it, already! :deadhorse

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
You guys are clogging up the thread with this off-topic Franzen/Hossa argument. Get off it, already! :deadhorse

You're right.

Maybe we shouldn't have an "official injury" thread, but post news and updates as these come along. These catch-all threads always devolve into discussions about everything else, with updates and status reports few and far between.

If anyone wants to reply to something posted here, copy the post and put in another or new thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad