DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Man and Nammerus have been skipped.

Jin and Jozeph_Balej are on the clock

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
For the last time, there will be no voting during the draft.

If so, ALL trades would have to taken under the loop, and many trades had picks connected to them.

May a trade be declined by the league, you can't just say "just send them back". There would have to be some kind of consistant reward heading to the player who lost the trade according to the voting commissee. Like a draft pick, 3rd for an "uneven deal" and a 2nd for an "lopsided" one. Or the GM's should work out a compramise.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Modano = God said:
For the last time, there will be no voting during the draft.

If so, ALL trades would have to taken under the loop, and many trades had picks connected to them.

May a trade be declined by the league, you can't just say "just send them back". There would have to be some kind of consistant reward heading to the player who lost the trade according to the voting commissee. Like a draft pick, 3rd for an "uneven deal" and a 2nd for an "lopsided" one. Or the GM's should work out a compramise.

IMO, It's not a business of the league to determine whether the trade is even or if anybody wins. It's the league business only to determine "lopsided" and suspicious dealing.

The_Future

May 6, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I see problems for negated trades being involved with compensatory draft picks.

If I make a lopsided deal with Focker lets say.... he and I can work it out so I get hosed..... and get a compensatory 2nd rounder...
and then I make it up to him later in the year.

Picks should not be awarded in my opinion.

I also think trade committees should be utilized only if the trade is a blatant attempt at cheating. Some trades ARE lopsided, and should be allowed to go through. (Naslund for Stojanov)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
jin said:
If the people on deck are allowed to pick shouldn't it be three people at once?

alright since the next 3 GMS are on line, go ahead and pick guys...Mack only has less than 1 hr left any way.

Jin then KingTY then Shveik

rework

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
What the heck is going on here? We are now having 3 GMs pick at the same time? What's next, we all pick at once?

Anyway PHI takes Eric Chouinard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad