Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Mike Modano said:
Guys,

I've made this trade voting thread:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=264543#post264543

I need two more commishes to help voting and 2 extra guys (in case it involves one or two commishes).

Who volunteers?

Cheers

There will be no voting on trades during the draft since there are no franchise players appointed yet. It's your own risk if you want to make a deal now.

Trades will be voted on when IFHL is officially set up, and even then, only if it involves franchise players. It's all in the rules.

jacketracket*

Columbus selects:

with pick #450: F Shawn McEachern
with pick #451: F Justin Papineau

cotroneoa

Sep 8, 2003
I would like to volunteer

Modano = God said:
There will be no voting on trades during the draft since there are no franchise players appointed yet. It's your own risk if you want to make a deal now.

Trades will be voted on when IFHL is officially set up, and even then, only if it involves franchise players. It's all in the rules.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
cotroneoa said:
I would like to volunteer

Sorry Anthony, only Commishes could.. Mike Modano has not been clear and lacks the knowledge of the rules.

NO VOTING..

Lukrer, Nammerus, you are both up..

cotroneoa

Sep 8, 2003
All good,

I read it wrong also..I thought you were looking for a volenteer comish..i would love to:)

Modano = God said:
Sorry Anthony, only Commishes could.. Mike Modano has not been clear and lacks the knowledge of the rules.

NO VOTING..

Lukrer, Nammerus, you are both up..

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
NEW RULE:

When you are in sight and online, don't hesitate to make your selection. Even though your turn hasn't arrived yet.

The importancy of the order fades away..
Thanks for the heads-up on this.....

I realize we're late in the draft, but some sort of consistency needs to be applied when changing rules mid-stream. These changes should be announced with at least a 24-hr. notice, and they should be done at the beginning of a round of drafting.

I went offline at 2:00 am EST, with 3 people ahead of me, and came back on at 10:30 am EST, the draft having moved several people past me, due to an early morning, unannounced change in the rules.

This isn't right.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
Thanks for the heads-up on this.....

I realize we're late in the draft, but some sort of consistency needs to be applied when changing rules mid-stream. These changes should be announced with at least a 24-hr. notice, and they should be done at the beginning of a round of drafting.

I went offline at 2:00 am EST, with 3 people ahead of me, and came back on at 10:30 am EST, the draft having moved several people past me, due to an early morning, unannounced change in the rules.

This isn't right.

I realise that, but you maybe miss one or two players, tops if you check the thread on a constant base. Much less the players that you wanted, and even less when you consider the lack of talent that's left..

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
I realise that, but you maybe miss one or two players, tops if you check the thread on a constant base. Much less the players that you wanted, and even less when you consider the lack of talent that's left..
Point taken.

Still, I don't think it's asking---or expecting---too much to be given some sort of notice when a new rule is to take effect. I'm not a commish, so I have no say in when/how new rules will be implemented.

I ask you this, though; how would you have felt if the drafting rules had been changed, without your knowledge and at a time when the change would impact your pick?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
Point taken.

Still, I don't think it's asking---or expecting---too much to be given some sort of notice when a new rule is to take effect. I'm not a commish, so I have no say in when/how new rules will be implemented.

I ask you this, though; how would you have felt if the drafting rules had been changed, without your knowledge and at a time when the change would impact your pick?

It's hard to imply a new rule and make sure everyone knowright away..

The new rule isn't very strict yet because of it either though..

Lurker

May 30, 2002
Visit site
With pick #454 NYR selects dman Yannick Tremblay and hopes that his +/- won't be as atrocious as last year. KingTy and nammerus, you're up.

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
It's hard to imply a new rule and make sure everyone knowright away..

The new rule isn't very strict yet because of it either though..
With all due respect, no, it isn't hard to do.

Those of us who have taken an active part in this draft check these boards frequently. A pending rule change, announced here in this thread 24 hours before it is to be implemented, should be seen by all who have been actively participating in this league.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
With all due respect, no, it isn't hard to do.

Those of us who have taken an active part in this draft check these boards frequently. A pending rule change, announced here in this thread 24 hours before it is to be implemented, should be seen by all who have been actively participating in this league.

Also, with all due respect, most posters only check this thread to check if they are up, or when they are up. They don't pay attention to anything else, hence that I think not more then 5 actually read all the rules.

Remember how well the live draft got announced? Yet I had to PM about 5 Gm's who had no clue..

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary select Alexei Zhitnik

Man and Patti ICE XXX are on the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00