*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread Part II

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Pavlov was on the radio last week saying that depth didn't matter much, once you were this far in the playoffs....that basically the stars would decide amongst them who would take the series. I wonder if he still feels this way after 2 games?

Well he's not wrong really ... The only players to score, or even assist on Foreurs goals so far have been their top 6 and top D... Much like Halifax's bread and butter is their top 6 and first two pairs of D, as it's mostly rookies after that.

Wonder if Drouin and Gadoury will see a ton of ice in the first, so to avoid another terrible start. The Moose don't normally play from behind, usually building a lead and trapping and protecting the lead... Hope they learned some lessons in the first two games to adjust to that style of play, or get out early..

.. And it's Palov* too :)

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
What happened to Fucale? What changed between the Gatineau series and now? It's like he's completely lost his confidence.

Not saying it's his fault... but before, he'd be able to keep the team in the game until they got their feet moving. Can't win games when it's 3-0 before you can blink!

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Completely different series now than it seemed to be about 5 minutes in. If we can, ya know, show up for the start of the game we're in for one heck of a series.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Ok... let me go find my heart.

OH! There it is! :handclap:

Hopefully this is the kick in the butt the team needed.

Who starts Game 4?

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Fucale's got two pulls in a row and he's just not .. there. Is he hurt? Something going on in his personal life? Who knows, but he's just awful right now. I think you have to go with Darveau.

I didn't even bother to turn the TV back over to the Moose game after the Habs/Bolts ended.. I saw the score was 5-3 on my phone but figured it wouldn't matter. That's junior hockey for you!

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
mantha could undoubtably be the best offensive player in the league but after watching him do fly bys in his own end on three of the Moose goals and watching his defensive play i believe he may plateau at the AHL level . he is probably one of the worst defensive forwards in the leaugue who is playing on a teams top two lines

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
mantha could undoubtably be the best offensive player in the league but after watching him do fly bys in his own end on three of the Moose goals and watching his defensive play i believe he may plateau at the AHL level . he is probably one of the worst defensive forwards in the leaugue who is playing on a teams top two lines

I don't know many wingers that go for the Selke so I doubt it hinders him the way you think it will.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Great to see Darveau stepping up when we need him, but I still find it slightly terrifying watching him play.

So many times tonight where you'd see the puck on a Val d'Or players stick, and there's one half of the net wide open. He made some great saves, but he got lucky quite a few times. Those two wraparound attempts for instance, he just didn't have the quickness to get back in position.

Still, he's getting results, and Fucale isn't. Goaltending controversy was probably the last thing I was expecting in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad