HF Habs: Official Habs Mock Draft 2018 Edition - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalCanadian

May 13, 2015
The Hammer
With the 211th pick, Toronto's final selection is...Caleb Everett from the Saginaw Spirit

everett-caleb.jpg

Date of Birth: January 20th 2000 (18)
Place of Birth: Pleasant Lake MI, USA
Ht: 6'2" Wt: 174bs
Shoots: Right
Position: D

Everett is a safe pick for the 7th round. You know what you are gonna get from a guy like him. Defensively reliable and has shown flashes of offence. We can use Everett in a shutdown role, because he rarely ever makes mistakes.

Final Draft Selections.
25th: Jared McIsaac (LD)
52nd: Jakub Lauko (LW)
83rd: Axel Andersson (RD)
118th: Oskar Bäck (C/RW)
149th: Oliver Okuliar (LW)
209th: Brandon Saigeon (C)
211th: Caleb Everett (RD)

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
:bolts
#60 Jan Jenik (C)
#91 Ty Emberson (D)
#122 Libor Zabransky (D)
#153 Justin Brazeau (RW)
#184 Severi Lahtinen (LW)
#206 Shawn Boudrias (RW)
#215 Paul Cotter (C)

Pretty decent overall, not the draft I am the most excited about though, I feel like some actually had a better draft than me when I look at my own list because of the players availability depending on the different ranks. Jenik is super young he is a wild card in this draft. Emberson/Zabransky both had limited ice time this season because they were playing on a deep team and are fairly young, I think they could surprise, strong 2-way game. Brazeau and Boudrias are the type of pick I like in the later rounds both being oversized, if they continue developing they could turn out something special.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Alright, my draft is wrapped up.

26. Nils Lundkvist.
46. Blake McLaughlin.
88. Aidan Dudas.
119. Wyatte Wylie.
182. Austin Wong.
213. Demetrios Koumontzis.

I'll write my scouting reports since I haven't yet lol.

Blake McLaughlin
"This is a player we're very happy was available at our spot. We scouted Blake extensively this year and our takeaway was: he's a complete offensive package, a tremendously dynamic player with an excellent shot. He combines competent skating with silky smooth hands which he uses to easily gain entry in the offensive zone. He competes in all zone and keeps calm under pressure, playing a mature game for his age. And, while he struggled with consistency this year, he was a big time player in the playoffs."

Aidan Dudas
"Dudas is a highly skilled player with an engine that never quits. He's relentless on pucks, wins his puck battles and combines that high energy with an array of offensive skilll that will help him overcome his size. He has excellent skating agility"

Wyatte Wylie
"Wyatte Wylie is a tank on the ice. He's a tremendous defensive and physical force who's had the kind of upward development curve we're looking for in our draft picks. While we want to see more improvement in the offensive zone, if he can continue to improve his shots, which now get through with more ease, and his ability to move the puck and make crisp first passes, we feel we're getting a solid player who should, in all likehood, become an NHLer at some point".

Austin Wong
"We like his feistiness and his skill. While he was playing in a lower level league, he still managed to be the second highest scoring player of his age group, by little. He's very young however with much room for growth and already comitted to the now excellent Harvard program, where he'll likely develop for a few years."

Demetrios Koumontzis
"An unknown player, but a good scorer at the high school level. What caught our eye is his tremendous speed and his ability to handle the puck at those speeds. While Arizona is still a developping program, they're now a div. 1 team with a lot of upside and where we hope Demetrios will get a lot of ice time to showcase and develop his skills."

So, pretty happy with the draft overall, I like the upside in my picks. Would be surprised if my last pick was drafted, but I wanted to go with players from lesser known leagues who had attributes I liked (speed/compete and/or hands) and would go to division 1 programs to develop long term.

As for players I debated at each spot (I'm writing this so I can look back in a few years).

26. Shafigullin, Alexeyev, Miller, Fonstad, Ylonen.
46. O'brien, Andersson, Wise, Topping, Demin, Ishkakov, SDA. [Hardest pick for me]
88. . Dudas was a clear BPA here for me, but obviously Kovalenko is a fave of mine who I passed since I took him in the last mock.
119. Dostal, Zabransky, Perbix, Emanuelsson.
182. Kooy, Pospisil.
213. Cotter, Golod, Matej Svoboda.

Take away for me is that there's a lot of talent this year between 25 and 50.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
With the final selection and 217th selection of this year's HF Habs Mock Draft, the Nashville Predators are proud to select, from Switzerland, goaltender, AKIRA SCHMID.

1zcq25d.jpg

"Akira is a huge goaltender with great agility. He's a special talent. He was called up to the NLA as a 17-year-old, although he didn't get into any game action - that's still something that rarely happens. He's been on plenty of U-18 and U-20 rosters for Switzerland and we expect he'll be a big part of the always improving Swiss program going forward. Akira has a ton of work to do but we're confident we have a future starting NHL goaltender."

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Here is my 2018 draft for the Minnesota Wild. Considering it was my first mock and it was not the easiest team since it had many picks but only one in the top 60 I think I have done a good job. Was pretty fun and it makes following prospects more interesting , hope to participate again in the future.

24. Rasmus Sandin
63. Benoit-Olivier Groulx
86. Xavier Bernard
89. Jachym Kondelik
148. Damien Giroux
150. Santeri Salmela
179. Tyler Tucker
210. Peetro Seppala (auto-ed , please dont be my best pick)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
very good pace this year. The last few years it started getting slower and slower but now we're back up with quality picks throughtout. Good job y'all!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm gonna have to double check my list but only Lagerstrom off the top of my head didn't get drafted who should have.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's a bit difficult to draft without a 1st, and with a 2 round gap between picks, especially with this group. But overall, I'm pretty happy with my picks this year. The next step is to review which picks were made after mine and which ones I'd change if given the chance.

61. David Gustafsson
92. Justin Almeida
152. Riley Damiani
154. Tim Berni
185. Veini Vehviläinen
216. Dawson Barteaux

David Gustafsson is a first round caliber talent, IMO. I feel as though I did have a first in this draft. Riley Damiani had the honour of being Brock's 20th best OHL player this year. Veini was completely dominant for Oulu this season, and for a 7th Dawson Barteaux is a lot of value.

Now for ''camp invites'': Dennis Busby, Connor Dewar, Olivier Galipeau, Yegor Zamula, Matthias Laferriere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad