HF Habs: Official Habs Mock Draft 2018 Edition - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
With the 189th pick, Arizona Coyotes selects, from New Hampton, in the USHS-Prep, Dman Michael Kesselring

Michael-Kesselring.jpg

"Lanky 6'4 RHD, has the skating and reach to attract the attention of an NHL team. Plays a simple game, and has pretty good stickwork for his age, likes to cut plays, retrieve pucks and has a decent first pass. Projects more as a defensive dman at the next level, as he doesn't have a lot of creativity or offensive tools, but he just does a good job containing opponents. Not very physical, but it's in progress. Pure project, will be in Merrimack College, in the NCAA, next season."

@Doublechin will be PMed

And that's it for me, no more picks.

5- Filip Zadina W
55- Kirill Marchenko W
65- Olivier Rodrigue G
74- Blade Jenkins C/W
96- Curtis Douglas C
158- Adam Samuelsson LHD
189- Michael Kesselring RHD

Thanks alot @Chris Cutter for your time, hosting the Mock again this year, very good job, like last year !

And can't wait to do that +/- draft comparison.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Adam Samuelssson should boost your +/- by a good margin.

Yeah most probably, and, for once, I think all my picks will actually be drafted, unlike the other 2.

Anyway, can't wait for the real draft, not just for that, but damn... still 1 month to wait :ha:

OriginalCanadian

May 13, 2015
The Hammer
Lol at the people talking shit about a mock draft. This is a fun chance for a group of people to pick some players that they may play in the NHL one day.

Any of these self labeled "scouts" who think they know better then the rest of us, are just trying to make themselves sound smarter than they actually are.

This is for fun and bragging rights, simple as that.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lol at the people talking **** about a mock draft. This is a fun chance for a group of people to pick some players that they may play in the NHL one day.

Any of these self labeled "scouts" who think they know better then the rest of us, are just trying to make themselves sound smarter than they actually are.

This is for fun and bragging rights, simple as that.

Yep. And plus, I haven't compiled my final list. The draft's not for another month yet. I'm getting you jabronis to do my work for me.

Reactions: OriginalCanadian

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
At 183 My pick would have been kirill « the thrill » Nizhnikov... but it my fault for missing the pick but could I still change #183 from Patrick Giles to Matej Blumel LW Waterloo USHL 5’11 ‘´184lbs...
I know there been a few pick so no issues if we can’t change it...
for the past week I had tonnes of issues with HF super slow, can’t even post from my PC right now... what is the issue?

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I don't mind keeping Nizhnikov
And I don't mind taking Giles who was my second best left, I'll leave it to Chris Cutter here.

Annunen being picked killed me :(

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With the 189th pick, Arizona Coyotes selects, from New Hampton, in the USHS-Prep, Dman Michael Kesselring

Michael-Kesselring.jpg

"Lanky 6'4 RHD, has the skating and reach to attract the attention of an NHL team. Plays a simple game, and has pretty good stickwork for his age, likes to cut plays, retrieve pucks and has a decent first pass. Projects more as a defensive dman at the next level, as he doesn't have a lot of creativity or offensive tools, but he just does a good job containing opponents. Not very physical, but it's in progress. Pure project, will be in Merrimack College, in the NCAA, next season."

@Doublechin will be PMed

And that's it for me, no more picks.

5- Filip Zadina W
55- Kirill Marchenko W
65- Olivier Rodrigue G
74- Blade Jenkins C/W
96- Curtis Douglas C
158- Adam Samuelsson LHD
189- Michael Kesselring RHD

Thanks alot @Chris Cutter for your time, hosting the Mock again this year, very good job, like last year !

And can't wait to do that +/- draft comparison.

I was taking him with my next pick. I think he's slated to go 4th to 6th rd. Probably will need a lot of development time - think Greg Pateryn, but he's a big guy who can skate & move the puck a bit. Can't see him being an offensive D at the next level, so he'll need to concentrate on being better in his own zone & playing a more physical game.

Good pick this late.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I was taking him with my next pick. I think he's slated to go 4th to 6th rd. Probably will need a lot of development time - think Greg Pateryn, but he's a big guy who can skate & move the puck a bit. Can't see him being an offensive D at the next level, so he'll need to concentrate on being better in his own zone & playing a more physical game.

Good pick this late.

Had no idea who to pick at this point, thought about an overager, cause Arizona sure needs kids that are a bit more developed, but at the same time, decided to prowl the lists a bit to spot the 'forgotten' ones, and saw he was ranked pretty high on the Central Scouting one (most of the time I don't really like their rankings, but hey, at this point...). Looked his name a bit on google, and managed to get some infos. For a 7th round pick, a project like him is perfect.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Vancouver selects Mathias Emilio Pettersen (C) from the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the USHL.

Pettersen will attend University of Denver this coming season after a good but not great season with Muskegon.

A smallish center Pettersen still has solid strength, a good skating base & tremendous quickness which he uses to attack the net. Not a perimeter player, he loves to drive the net off give and goes. A pass first player with good vision. D game is not great but is improving.

And that's it for Vancouver.

1. Evan Bouchard (RD) - OHL
2. Jacob Olofsson (C) - Sweden
3. Filip Kral (LD) - WHL
5. Yegor Sokolov (RW) - QMJHL
6. Amir Miftakhov (G) - MHL
7. Mathias Emilio Pettersen (C) - USHL

6 picks. No 4th rd. I feel the top 3 picks all have NHL upside. The bottom 3 are projects with skills/potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad