HF Habs: Official Habs Mock Draft 2018 Edition - Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Boston Bruins select with the 181th pick Goaltender Keegan Karki from Muskegon USHL.

Washington is now on the clock! (GM has been PMed)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Meh, reading through his tweets, doesn’t strike me as anyone with real insight despite describing himself as a scout...

Bah to be honest I didn't pay too much attention to his 'top-12' (guess he's a Tkachuk fan), more the comments.

Seems picks were made randomly.

Oh well :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The funny thing is that we all had Wahlstrom, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, Kravtsov and Lundkvist on our radar in the appropriate aread long before the rest of the consensus scouting community did.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Bah to be honest I didn't pay too much attention to his 'top-12' (guess he's a Tkachuk fan), more the comments.

Seems picks were made randomly.

Oh well :laugh:

Honestly, I don't really see what his panties are bunched about. They're basically the same names as Bob McKenzie's list (except Veleno, who sucks). If you're not allowed to differ by a couple spots among the same names, what the f*** is the point of a mock? Really, only 2 names are ''out of place'' in the mock anyways, and it's not as if you couldn't make an argument for them.

What a Pejorative Slur, is what I'm saying.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pretty sure the upset is about having Boqvist as the 3OA to a team filled with RHD (Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Fleury, Brook etc.).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I actually lost it on Eric Engels when he was trying to bash people on twitter for disagreeing with scouts. Especially since who he is bashing falls directly in line with Mitch Brown who is writing articles for the Athletic. Who used to be a participant in this mock.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Don't think Wahlstrom goes that high either.

I think all of the D goes top 10. Obviously Dahlin, but Dobson, Hughes, Bouchard, Smith & Boqvist. That leaves 4 spots for forwards. Svechnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Tkachuk & Kotkaniemi. Someone is dropping out of top 10.

That guy is crazy, so is McCagg, who absolutely went off the deep end because of it. Our top 12 is fine.

Boqvist might fall, but I'd be shocked if he falls out of top 12. Ditto Wahlstrom. Wahlstrom could go 4th or he could go 12th. No one knows how this draft is going to fall. A few spots here or there is nothing to get worked up about.

I don't get people who flip out over a fantasy draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad