*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

London*

As per Tony Saxon twitter...

Matt Finn leaves practice angry, and in pain.

No update from team etc.

Not great news, hope he's OK!

I hope he's fine, that'd be devastating for him and the storm.

I'd rather face a full storm team, with a full knights team and see what happens.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013

No update from team etc.

UPDATE:

Again, according to Tony Saxon, Finn left practice after taking a shot off the leg. This is thought to be for precautionary reasons, especially with the rink being so cold.

That seems like good news. Hope he is 100% and ready for the Oil Kings tomorrow.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

No update from team etc.

Welcome aboard, I've read your posts on another forum. Well said earlier.
Saw Him jumping into a shuttle van when I got to practice arena.

Got there on his own. But I knew something was up. Said my congrats, good luck this week without stopping and he gave the thanks and a nod. I'm thinking he'll be OK.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Still got a pair avail for Guelphs first 2 games.
Don't miss out. And for a couple posters I enjoy, maybe a slight discount lol.
CG, RCS ect...

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Welcome aboard, I've read your posts on another forum. Well said earlier.
Saw Him jumping into a shuttle van when I got to practice arena.

Got there on his own. But I knew something was up. Said my congrats, good luck this week without stopping and he gave the thanks and a nod. I'm thinking he'll be OK.

Hey, I recognize you from there, too! Thanks for the kind words.

Also, appreciate the update on Matt. Good to hear it sounds like he should be OK! Great player and captain, and even better person.

As for the tickets, I appreciate the offer! Unfortunately "past me" decided not to look at the MASTERCARD Memorial Cup schedule before booking a ticket to visit a friend in NYC, and as a result the only game I am able to attend will be Monday's game vs. Val d'Or. I've never been to The Budweiser before, nor have I been to a Memorial Cup, errrr, MASTERCARD Memorial Cup game before, so I am really looking forward to the whole experience....Monday can't come soon enough! Enjoy the tourney and as I mentioned, hope to see you in the finals!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Hopefully we run into ya Monday. I'll more than likely be in 113 H 1. That PP guy should be around as well as a few other regulars here.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Hopefully we run into ya Monday. I'll more than likely be in 113 H 1. That PP guy should be around as well as a few other regulars here.

I've written down your seat info as well as PP's...hopefully our paths will cross one way or another!

As I said on the other forum, enjoy the game tonight! With all of that pent up energy after a layoff (both fans and players) I imagine the building will be electric tonight...hope it translates through the broadcast and into my living room!

Stormbringer

Sep 9, 2010
Most "London" fans defended 888, and his reasoning. Was it just one who didnt? But dont let that get in the way of lumping everyone together.

We will never know.

Setting up the excuses already? Althou I agree in terms of any1 can win it (but for different reasons than u) Im surprised youre leaving that window of doubt open.
The BEST team in the tourney will win, just like the best team in any given series, reagrdless of "factors"-injuries, refs, suspensions, is the one that wins it. Its a snap shot of sorts. Best team in that series, in that tourney in teht PO. The BEST title goes to who wins

I never called out Shawinigan as champs because of how they got there. Others do. No problem with a differing opinion.

Just IMO htey were the BEST team at that tourney and proved it by beating all 3 league champs. They werent #1 in league POs but #1 in tourney.

Ill give any one who wins the credit they earn by winning it. A series, a tourney, whatever

Should be an exciting end to a great year in Stormland>

For the record, the Storm do not lose a game and you my friend "are" one of the reasonable London fans. No excuses. Just win baby

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I know it's late but your only an hr up the highway.
Great deal on the pair in 310. You probly paid more for final rd in O playoffs.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
And they are gone to a dad n his 7 yr old. Pretty much gave em away.
Scalper offered 50 a piece at 215, I sold the pair for just over that. Not a fan of the scalpers jacking up prices

London*

Solid win, you guys have some shooters for sure.

Selling a single game seat to game 4, game 5, and the semi final. Section 106, row F, pm me

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Other than the 10-1 win during the North Bay series today was the most solid win by the Storm since the Erie series.
Guelph I thought had a pretty good first period, Edmonton had their chances but Guelph seemed like the more dangerous team, good to see the PP click when needed.

Nichols was solid today despite letting in a REAL stinker for the first Oil Kings goal, seconds later Robby Fabbri missed his man and Edmonton had a 2-1 lead.

Sometimes you gotta be lucky and the Storm were given a gift on the Oil King's defenseman's attempted clear off of Rychel and into the net.

After that it was a snipe show. Wow Brock McGinn with a laser top corner, good to see him score like that again, its been WAY too long.
Tyler Bertuzzi ended things in the 3rd with a pair of snipes.

One thing that I think was a difference maker today was the Storm were hitting like crazy, I havent seen things that physical for an entire game since the Plymouth series. Edmonton is a BIG team and the Storm made them seem small today, kudos on a solid victory.
Gotta love Bertuzzi, gets flipped head over heals in the 3rd period and gets up with a huge grin on his face, he made them pay for it in the right way today.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain that if Edmonton beats London tomorrow and Guelph beats Val d'Or on Monday then Guelph will already earn a bye to the finals.
So I guess go Oil Kings tomorrow!

But hopefully it wont matter what the other teams do, just beat Val d'Or on Monday and let the chips fall where they may.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
"Other than the 10-1 win during the North Bay series today was the most solid win by the Storm since the Erie series."

Erie, NB, Memorial Cup-
So it's the most solid win In 2 games? and other than that the most solid in 6 or so games? ;)

Edm started out well, but aft that odd goal, the game flipped and ya never got the feeling Edm could win.

Guelph has been a team that takes adv of situations and gets it done when needed, and yes has had some good fortune on its side ( as does every team that wins)

PP goal with 5 sec left in first, Kerbys goal he got cause he peeled off finishing a check and had the opponent shoot it off his foot, thru the tender and in.
But ya make your own luck.

Congrats

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
As a Hounds fan, was wondering how Justin Nichols has been? Obviously Guelph has a very strong team... but has Nichols really been as good as the numbers show? Would have been nice to have him in the Soo next year, but Dubas did the kid a favor and allowed him to have a chance to play. Have to respect that, but after seeing him being a starting goalie for a team in the Memorial Cup.. starting to feel we got hosed in that trade pretty badly.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Nichols has been hit and miss at times.
Most of the time he has been pretty solid and every now and then he has a spectacular game.

But it seems a tad too often where you get a very bad goal out of him like yesterday.
He goes down much too often and gets beat high glove a lot. When your that small it's probably not a great idea to go down that often.

But hey I'm not the goalie what do I know.
I will admit when Nichols got here I wasn't fully convinced he could be our guy buy he has proved me wrong.

Stormbringer

Sep 9, 2010
I know it's late but your only an hr up the highway.
Great deal on the pair in 310. You probly paid more for final rd in O playoffs.

I left after my post. My cousin who lives in London had my tickets. Great atmosphere down there around the rink. London does it right no question about that. When Edmonton came out they got a big roar which was louder than when Guelph came out. London fans at the game made it obvious who they were cheering for. Game was very quiet (fan wise) most of the game. We needed a Guelph fan section or something. We were all over the rink. Hard to tell how many Guelph fans (maybe a few thousand). Loved Guelph's game. Edmonton is a big team and tried to invoke their will on Guelph and they responded with a physical game. Edmonton could not intimidate Guelph. When Edmonton tried to skate with Guelph they failed. Edmonton almost always takes the offensive zone and would prefer to shoot off the rush and hope for a rebound or a dirty goal. They pinch their defense all game long. They have three super players in Lazar, Reinhart and Samuelson (he can really shoot). The rest are basically average players who play a good system game. London should beat these guys with little problem (London deserved to win their first game they just need to shoot better which may be rust after 30 days). I see Guelph/London final.
Guelph will beat Val d, which I believe puts them in the final?? Go Storm. Love this team. No excuses Just win baby. :yo:

Stormbringer

Sep 9, 2010
As a Hounds fan, was wondering how Justin Nichols has been? Obviously Guelph has a very strong team... but has Nichols really been as good as the numbers show? Would have been nice to have him in the Soo next year, but Dubas did the kid a favor and allowed him to have a chance to play. Have to respect that, but after seeing him being a starting goalie for a team in the Memorial Cup.. starting to feel we got hosed in that trade pretty badly.

Love Nichols. Yes, GM Kelly hosed you guys as he did with the Petes and Spits:laugh:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Guelph won that Nichols trade.
But I wouldn't say he's been lights out. 888 gave a real good account of him IMO

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
"Guelph will beat Val d, which I believe puts them in the final?? Go Storm. Love this team. No excuses Just win baby. "
They also would have to beat London or have a London drop the game vs Edm to have the bye to finals.

If we beat you n Edm, you beat VD and VD beats Edm it gets messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad