*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Memorial cup

Any Guelph fans looking for tickets for Sat May 17th or Mon May 19th send me a pm
I have two tickets together and four tickets together.
Tickets may go fast so If you want to see your team either of these games act fast!
:)

London*

not to join in on the party... but

I'm also selling a single seat in Section 106, lower bowl, aisle seat to all Guelph games.

All WHL and QMJHL for that matter as well, PM :)

yanksrule*

Caje

Kiss my you know what......Im not a troll there punk.....All I said is for him to say this is the greatest day of my life..is a little bit nauseating......and Im not hiding behind anything...im a north bay fan and proud of it,....dippy.....

and Battfan I am more than willing to discuss hockey anytime you want

yanksrule*

Battfan or stormfan..

As well if you truly loved the battalion there is no possible way when Guelph scored two goals in the last minute of game three like you jumped so high that your knees hit your stomach....??????? cause the guys that play on North Bay are guys you cheered some for four years....you would have handled it much differently....just saying... these boys left not because they wanted to but because they had to...big difference

OK guys..enough is enough. It's one thing to bust a guy's chops a bit..but relentlessly badgering a guy does nothing but cause animosity and gets you labelled nothing more than a troll. Consider this a sweeping comment and warning. I know Batfan personally and have even busted him with rib shots a bit(as a friend) but there comes a time when enough is enough. Drop it.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Phanatic I don't know if my following post will be deleted but I just want to add my 2 cents.

I don't know anybody personally involved but when you're a fan of a franchise that leaves as an individual you feel awful. I don't think it's necessarily easy to turn around and root for a rival whether it be Mississauga, Barrie or Niagara. I don't think Cleveland Browns fans who lost their franchise those fans started rooting for the Baltimore Ravens, in fact I know they didn't there was a lot of hatred and vitriol towards the Ravens and owner Art Modell.

There's no reason why BatFan or any other fan should feel an allegiance towards North Bay, they are still the "Battalion" but in name only and there's no reason why he should root for that team if he doesn't want to. The faux outrage because a former Battalion sth because he wanted to switch to Guelph is ridiculous.

Phanatic I don't know if my following post will be deleted but I just want to add my 2 cents.

I don't know anybody personally involved but when you're a fan of a franchise that leaves as an individual you feel awful. I don't think it's necessarily easy to turn around and root for a rival whether it be Mississauga, Barrie or Niagara. I don't think Cleveland Browns fans who lost their franchise those fans started rooting for the Baltimore Ravens, in fact I know they didn't there was a lot of hatred and vitriol towards the Ravens and owner Art Modell.

There's no reason why BatFan or any other fan should feel an allegiance towards North Bay, they are still the "Battalion" but in name only and there's no reason why he should root for that team if he doesn't want to. The faux outrage because a former Battalion sth because he wanted to switch to Guelph is ridiculous.

Good post Rayzor. :handclap:

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
I said one time it was ONE OF the happiest moments of my life.
Again for somebody who isn't married or with kids and this being my biggest passion I think it was a fair statement.

StormLifer

Jan 7, 2013
Ariss, ON
Again for somebody who isn't married or with kids and this being my biggest passion I think it was a fair statement.

I'll admit, I'm in the same boat! I was ecstatic when they won, just didn't get around to posting it. I've always enjoyed your post game posts and never even thought twice about who you cheered for last year (yes I was aware, but could care less). :)

Caje

Mar 18, 2010

Hah, I feel the same. First time one of the teams I cheer for has won a championship. It felt incredible.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Enjoy, Storm fans. (all fans) It only happens every so often. (or never for some franchises)
Nothing wrong with lovin it.

Appreciate the posts 888!

mcreferee

Jun 6, 2011

My friend and I had seasons tickets in Mississauga from day one. We 'endured' the selling of that team and stuck with the Majors when they moved in. I had no problem changing allegiances and cheering against a team I'd supported for ten years...they were no longer my team. We both agreed though that if the team in Mississauga were to leave or be sold again, we would leave for Guelph. Once Melnyk sold the team and the name change to Steelheads was made, we dropped our seasons tickets and became Storm ticket holders. I wasn't prepared to support a team I could no longer identify with, so I chose a new team to support. It doesn't hurt that in two years in Guelph, I've seen something I never saw in 14 years as a Mississauga fan...an OHL Champion.

Again...I'm sorry to be late in this post, but I completely understand how '888 feels.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
So the Edmonton Oil Kings are on deck for the Storm this Saturday.
Personally I think Guelph matched up better against the smaller more offensive run and gun Winterhawks.
Edmonton is a big defence first team with good goaltending.
Not saying I don't have faith, I have all the faith in the world in the Storm but considering how the North Bay series went Edmonton could give them fits.

Regardless I'm happy the Storm are here, I've got a great seat Saturday, can't wait for it.

Now tonight we find out if Mondays opponent is Val d'or or Baie-Comeau.
Go triple OT!

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
I have 8 seats for Guelphs Monday game.
set of 2 another set of 2 and a set of 4
2 in section 104 row c seats 13 and 14
2 in 104 row l seats 13 and 14
the 4 are right near Londons bench

Pm if interested

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
So the Edmonton Oil Kings are on deck for the Storm this Saturday.
Personally I think Guelph matched up better against the smaller more offensive run and gun Winterhawks.
Edmonton is a big defence first team with good goaltending.
Not saying I don't have faith, I have all the faith in the world in the Storm but considering how the North Bay series went Edmonton could give them fits.

Regardless I'm happy the Storm are here, I've got a great seat Saturday, can't wait for it.

Now tonight we find out if Mondays opponent is Val d'or or Baie-Comeau.
Go triple OT!
Would you rather face all those returning players the Winter Hawks had back from last years team that were in the cup final. Not me.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Since Edmonton knocked off Portland wouldn't that make the Oil Kings a stronger team?

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
It's about who Guelph matches up better against.
The Storm had a harder time with the shutdown defensive battalion than they did with the high flying run and gun Otters and Knights.

Val d'Or wins the QMJHL title tonight. They blew a 3-0 3rd period lead as Baie-Comeau tied it with 2:30 to go but Mantha pulls a Guelph Storm and scores the 4-3 winner with less than a minute left in the 3rd for the title.

Edmonton on Saturday
Val d'Or on Monday
London on Wednesday

Discuss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad