OT: Official Golf Thread - One small golf tip lands Matt Kuchar in deep rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He is amazing, golfers are now tougher then soccer players.

Good to see you here Donnie, I can always count on you in the golf thread, hows the game.

I shot an 81 yesterday, pretty decent.

Haven't teed off yet. Another week. Been tweaking the swing and feel confident to be consistently in the 70's this year!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Haven't teed off yet. Another week. Been tweaking the swing and feel confident to be consistently in the 70's this year!

made that jump last year. replaced my irons with a set of Taylormade SLDRs and made all the difference. Hit them much more consistently, and the ball strikes were a lot truer. Shaved a few strokes off and consistently shot in the 75-78 range all season. Only got 1 round in so far this year (ground out an 80), typical rust and lost putting touch

side note...Sergio had a Roy McAvoy moment, putting 5 in the water and posting a 13 on 15

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
made that jump last year. replaced my irons with a set of Taylormade SLDRs and made all the difference. Hit them much more consistently, and the ball strikes were a lot truer. Shaved a few strokes off and consistently shot in the 75-78 range all season. Only got 1 round in so far this year (ground out an 80)

side note...Sergio had a Roy McAvoy moment, putting 5 in the water and posting a 13 on 15

I like to be in the high 70s as well.

Too bad you guys live so far away, a HF golf game would be great.

Also a 13, wow just watched it, 5 straight into the water.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
terrific finish coming. Man this makes me wanna get out but snowing here, likely another few weeks to a month

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Spieth is gonna have nightmares about those 2 putts...the missed eagle and 18 bogey.

Fowler will have them about that front nine. +1 on the front doomed him.

Im in the minority, but I like Reed and am happy for him. Yeah, he's loud, brash, all the things a traditional golfer isnt, but thats why he's fun. The guy is scary competitive and was born for pressure play. It's why he dominates match play like the Ryder Cup (6-1-2 the last 2)

People say golfers are too boring and need more personality, then get mad at Reed for doing just that.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Spieth is gonna have nightmares about those 2 putts...the missed eagle and 18 bogey.

Fowler will have them about that front nine. +1 on the front doomed him.

Im in the minority, but I like Reed and am happy for him. Yeah, he's loud, brash, all the things a traditional golfer isnt, but thats why he's fun. The guy is scary competitive and was born for pressure play. It's why he dominates match play like the Ryder Cup (6-1-2 the last 2)

People say golfers are too boring and need more personality, then get mad at Reed for doing just that.

at least the guy has a personality, something that you can`t say about the majority of players on tour.

Been watching/following the PGA for decades, there was a time when I couldn`t wait to watch the Fuzzy`s, Craig Stadler`s and many more and not necessarily because they were always on their game but they were entertaining. Reed is that, he ain`t my cup of tea but one could argue, the PGA needs more guys like him. Like many other sports, the PGA has become full of polished guys who rarely allow their true personality come through

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
at least the guy has a personality, something that you can`t say about the majority of players on tour.

Been watching/following the PGA for decades, there was a time when I couldn`t wait to watch the Fuzzy`s, Craig Stadler`s and many more and not necessarily because they were always on their game but they were entertaining. Reed is that, he ain`t my cup of tea but one could argue, the PGA needs more guys like him. Like many other sports, the PGA has become full of polished guys who rarely allow their true personality come through
I will have to disagree when it comes to Reed. I can't root for a guy who was kicked out of college for cheating and stealing and having his parents kicked off the course during an event.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Played first round Sunday, I didn`t chose the Beast of Brunello as the spot for round one, typically not a course I hit until I have my game in some order. Hit the range Friday to get a bit of a feel but my goal was swing easy during the round, not have any expectations. Rained hard a few days prior so the course was at it`s most forgiving. Played with the same ball all round (never happened for me at Brunello), went 42/40. If the course was playing in mid season conditions, likely would have lost 2-3 balls, benefitted from the wet grass holding the ball in play but got the thing airborn all afternoon, had birdie putts of 3 of the first 4 holes that I couldn`t drain, had only 2/3 putts and no doubles which helps

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Doubled first two holes on Sunday and able to grind out a 83. My goal this year is under 80 or I am not happy

Haha, good to have goals Donnie. My goal for round one was to avoid a multitude of worm burners or sky scrapers and I did that. The shots I "missed" were all reasonably well hit but pulled which is my tendency early in the golf season. These days I play about once a week, isn`t really easy to improve, it`s more about maintaining so to break 80 is a bonus. I did it 2-3 times last year, once playing with a sometime HF contributor here on a day where I had a blast talking Bruins hockey and enjoying a round well played, a couple other times as well but these days I`m typically in and around the low to mid 80`s.

I have long ago stopped getting frustrated if I`m in the middle of a sub standard round, just love getting out with buddies and driving each other crazy with smack talk

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This year's field for the CVS Charity Classic is starting to be announced. The Classic is a 2 day pairs tournament played at Rhode Island CC in Barrington, RI. Tickets are only $20

They also have a lot of fun challenges and joking around before the 2nd round.

the field (so far):

Rory McIlroy
Jim Furyk
Colin Montgomerie
Billy Horschel
Keegan Bradley
Brad Faxon
Billy Andrade
Joe Durant
Lexi Thompson
Christie Kerr

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm so jealous of you guys. My goal this year is to break 100 again. It gets frustrating to play with my son who plays to between a 1 and 2.
My son shot 84 in only his 2nd round in last two years due to ligament damage in his thumb.

Played round 2 yesterday, didn` t necessarily play poorly, hit plenty of GIR however, can`t leave the birdie putts 40-50 ft away from the pin on the course I played. Short game played out like a 2nd round of the year short game too. Went 48-40 as I started feeling a bit more comfortable on the back nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad