TSN: Official Free Agency Thread (Canucks targeting Lucic, Eriksson; "All In" on Lucic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA

Darren Dreger has indicated that the Canucks are looking to sign at least one of Loui Eriksson or Milan Lucic once Free Agency 2016 arrives.

If you had to choose between the two, which would you prefer?

UPDATE (June 28, 2016):

Last edited by a moderator:

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Darren Dreger has indicated that the Canucks are looking to sign at least one of Loui Eriksson or Milan Lucic once Free Agency 2016 arrives.

If you had to choose between the two, which would you prefer?

Eriksson because Lucic is a meathead who is going to get overpaid, but neither is best.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If I absolutely had to choose one, ten times out of ten I take Eriksson over Lucic. Better all-around player, better human being. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 6 forward longer than Lucic despite being 3 years older.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
Lucic. His presence alone makes everyone on the club grow 2". All analytics aside. With Lucic and Gudbranson in our lineup we may still lose, but we definitely won't be pushed around anymore.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Yeah
Give Eriksson the Vrbata deal and I'd be fine with it if I had to choose one of the two

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Lucic. His presence alone makes everyone on the club grow 2". All analytics aside. With Lucic and Gudbranson in our lineup we may still lose, but we definitely won't be pushed around anymore.

For 7 mil over 5 years?

Hell to the No.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
With a Burrows/Higgins buyout, Canucks will 14 million to play around with the defence and goaltending already set.

you can hypothetically get both at 6 million a piece.

I would love to have both, it would be a huge injection of offence and depth in the forward group which should have them contending for a playoff spot.

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson
Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen
Etem-Granlund-Rodin
Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Sbisa-Tryamkin
Biega
Pedan

Miller
Markstrom

Lets go!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I know rumours tend to fly at certain points of the year, this being one of the biggest ones, but I scrolled a bit through Dreger's feed and didn't see any other mention of UFA targets. But anyone else feeling a little concerned between the candidly manner Benning speaks to the media with and the very specific reporting from a top guy like Dreger, that the league might have to step in and smack Vancouver/Benning with a fine?

JA

I know rumours tend to fly at certain points of the year, this being one of the biggest ones, but I scrolled a bit through Dreger's feed and didn't see any other mention of UFA targets. But anyone else feeling a little concerned between the candidly manner Benning speaks to the media with and the very specific reporting from a top guy like Dreger, that the league might have to step in and smack Vancouver/Benning with a fine?
The Canucks haven't spoken to the player representatives, so I don't see what the league could fine them for.

Only recently have teams begun to be more secretive about their plans. In previous decades, including during Benning's playing career, teams and players spoke very honestly to the media.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
I really think that if Lucic signs here, Miller is on the next flight from YVR out of here.

There's just no coming back from what was said/done between those two I think.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Is there a separate championship for team least pushed around?

No need. They do pretty good in the one vying for Lord Stanley: Hawks (2010), Bruins, Kings and multiple recent finalists.

BUT... yes to Eriksson, no to Lucic unless he comes in cheaper than expected and for less term.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If I HAD to choose it would be Eriksson. but my preference is neither

End thread.

I really think that if Lucic signs here, Miller is on the next flight from YVR out of here.

There's just no coming back from what was said/done between those two I think.

I hope so. 1st move of offseason for Benning is drama lol

Pretty clear to me they will add both.

As bad an idea that is..... it would be exciting. (In a train wreck kind of way)

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I won't be shocked if both are Canucks :( don't want either but prefer Lucic out of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad