Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
This has been well known in Chicago for years and it's what led to his firing there. Tallon wanted Havlat. McDonaugh wanted Hossa. They could afford one. Tallon lost. Tallon got fired. Simple as that.
Power struggles happen all the time just like between Joyce and Tallon. Tallon lost and then he won thanks to an owner who makes decisions based on whether his cantaloupe is ripe that morning. It's nice that Tallon and Havlat make each other feel better by blaming Tallon's firing on his position to sign Havlat over Hossa. In reality Tallon was fired for incompetence as I mentioned many times on this board. He failed to send out qualifying offers to all the Hawks RFA's on a timely basis and technically they were all UFA's because of it. If McDonough was looking for reason to fire Tallon he would have had a hard time convincing Wirtz they needed to do it because they disagree on Havlat and Hossa. :)

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Don't really disagree. Tallon has proven himself as a terrible GM. He does some good things here and there, but clearly not enough to build a consistent winner.

I also question how much some of the "good things" he has done have been his doing, or Kekalainen's (Barkov, Borgstrom, Heponiemi)

Reactions: Kid Icarus

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Don't really disagree. Tallon has proven himself as a terrible GM. He does some good things here and there, but clearly not enough to build a consistent winner.

I also question how much some of the "good things" he has done have been his doing, or Kekalainen's (Barkov, Borgstrom, Heponiemi)

He executed the Marchessault deal too...the one that sent him to Vegas, that is ;)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
on D:

Ekblad is fine, i like his game, hes coming around, i wish he was faster but ultimately itd hurt to lose him and his production as goals from the backend was a large need outside of him. hes been playing a lot better and just needs to get used to tougher and more minutes in the nhl. said he was sheltered in the 1st 2 seasons, now he was thrown to the wolves last year and i think hes finally coming around and getting used to it.

I like yandle, but between ekblad, yandle, and matheson, i think thats too much money tied up in that talent level. with ekblad not going anywhere (espeically with tallon here) and matheson just about to begin a 8yr deal (again, tallon) i highly doubt hes too moveable at the moment and would be terrible business to sign a max deal only to immediately trade him. another gm would have to step in to even contemplate it. so ultimately i think yandle will be out.

the biggest thing is we need some veterans. enough with the guddy nonsense, move on. hes not going to be worth what he gets, a bit injury prone, and only slightly better than petrovic.

I like weegar and think he has a lot of potential. i also like mccoshen but is not untouchable and would trade him in a package deal if necessary.

???-Ekblad
Matheson-???
???-Weegar

at bare minimum im looking at that. add a vet to play with ekblad, a vet to play with matheson, and either mccoshen or player-x to fill in on the 3rd line (3rd line d arent exactly hard to come by).

trade pysyk and petrovic. yandle i think ultimately will be, but he does have a nmc so its far from a guarentee if he settled his family down here considering he signed a max 7-year deal.

instead of guddy id love to add one of engelland/emelin.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
on offense:

we;re set down the middle with barkov-trocheck-borgstrom. dadonov and huberdeau on the wings. leaving 4 spots in the top-9. we still need that top line goal scorer. id be alllllllll for hoffman. dont think he'd be cheap tho.

borgstrom i wouldnt trade, but id listen on everyone else. id dangle tippett, even hepo (sell high) not that i dont think hes the real deal, but the odds are still a bit against him and producing like he is right now the hype is at an all-time high so may be something to consider depending on the deal. mascherin im also open to trading in a package. the 1st rounder ONLY if top-3 (or top-4) protected. the coyotes 2nd is essentially a late 1st.

Huberdeau-Barkov-???
???-Trocheck-???
???-Borgstrom-Dadonov

is a great setup considering mccann, malgin, and bjugstad as other possibles to fill the remaining spots. add 1 legit scorer and thats a huge boom. barkov, trocheck, and huberdeau are all having incredible seasons, its a shame its being completely wasted.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
on D:

I like yandle, but between ekblad, yandle, and matheson, i think thats too much money tied up in that talent level. with ekblad not going anywhere (espeically with tallon here) and matheson just about to begin a 8yr deal (again, tallon) i highly doubt hes too moveable at the moment and would be terrible business to sign a max deal only to immediately trade him. another gm would have to step in to even contemplate it. so ultimately i think yandle will be out.

the biggest thing is we need some veterans. enough with the guddy nonsense, move on. hes not going to be worth what he gets, a bit injury prone, and only slightly better than petrovic.

instead of guddy id love to add one of engelland/emelin.

I agree that's a lot of money tied up in 3 guys but the other 3 guys will be under $5 million for the next 2-3 years. Pysyk at $2.7 million per, Weegar gets a raise to say 950k to $1,050,000 on a 2 year bridge deal. McCoshen is at 950k for next year and he will probably get a bridge deal as well after that.

You want veterans but are willing to get rid of Yandle, who is a vet, never gets injured while putting up 40+ point seasons in his sleep playing 28 mins in the MIN and PHI games, averaging just under 25 mins right now.

Why can't we have Matheson challenge Yandle for that top spot and let Weegar and Pysyk fight for that 2nd RD spot? Competition is good and they are just starting to find chemistry and familiarity with each other, why are we going to blow it up AGAIN?

Engelland and Emelin both average around 19 mins with very limited offense production. Sorry, I just don't get the urge to rid ourselves of Yandle.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I agree that's a lot of money tied up in 3 guys but the other 3 guys will be under $5 million for the next 2-3 years. Pysyk at $2.7 million per, Weegar gets a raise to say 950k to $1,050,000 on a 2 year bridge deal. McCoshen is at 950k for next year and he will probably get a bridge deal as well after that.

You want veterans but are willing to get rid of Yandle, who is a vet, never gets injured while putting up 40+ point seasons in his sleep playing 28 mins in the MIN and PHI games, averaging just under 25 mins right now.

Why can't we have Matheson challenge Yandle for that top spot and let Weegar and Pysyk fight for that 2nd RD spot? Competition is good and they are just starting to find chemistry and familiarity with each other, why are we going to blow it up AGAIN?

Engelland and Emelin both average around 19 mins with very limited offense production. Sorry, I just don't get the urge to rid ourselves of Yandle.
again, ive been a supporter of yandle. and im aware that hes the only vet on this d corp. im talking strictly about cap purposes, i dont see wrapping that much money in those 3. we can still add vets that make less than 6.35 per. its not an urge to get rid of him, im not in a rush to. its just process of elimination. we're not trading ekblad and we're stuck with matheson. yandle makes the 2nd most and isnt a tallon guy, and since tallon is the gm, i know who'd id have my money on for who would be traded first among those 3. i mean we can keep them all and hope for the best.

and i dont want engelland/emelin because of their offense. as far as vets go, id love to have daley.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
He executed the Marchessault deal too...the one that sent him to Vegas, that is ;)

Yup. That was the last straw for me.

When every Joe Schmoe can tell a move is bad and the only person who can't is the person running your organization, you know you're in trouble. These guys are supposed to be all knowledgeable - let alone make moves that not even people new to hockey would make.

Tallon is too stubborn to ever truly assemble a championship team. He has this obsession with icing a team that has 20 players that he drafted. We're going to be stuck in a perpetual rebuild until he's fired.

At one point or another - a GM has to take that next step and go for "it". For this franchise, that step is now. Our best players are all signed long term and hitting their prime. Borgstrom will be here next year, too. Yet here we are, at the bottom of the Atlantic Division yet again .

He's not a good GM. He was fortunate to be handed a franchise in Chicago who gifted him Duncan Keith and the top pick to pick Patrick Kane. He's been milking his good fortune ever since, at our expense.

Reactions: KW and jvr32

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
Yup. That was the last straw for me.

When every Joe Schmoe can tell a move is bad and the only person who can't is the person running your organization, you know you're in trouble. These guys are supposed to be all knowledgeable - let alone make moves that not even people new to hockey would make.

Tallon is too stubborn to ever truly assemble a championship team. He has this obsession with icing a team that has 20 players that he drafted. We're going to be stuck in a perpetual rebuild until he's fired.

At one point or another - a GM has to take that next step and go for "it". For this franchise, that step is now. Our best players are all signed long term and hitting their prime. Borgstrom will be here next year, too. Yet here we are, at the bottom of the Atlantic Division yet again .

He's not a good GM. He was fortunate to be handed a franchise in Chicago who gifted him Duncan Keith and the top pick to pick Patrick Kane. He's been milking his good fortune ever since, at our expense.
[mod] tallon-tless is attrocious. not bad. terrible. the worst in fact. ive looked over the moves made by the other supposed worst gms in the nhl and i can rationalize most of them even though i wouldnt have done them. NOTHING tallon has done for the panthers can be rationalized in any conceivable way. EVEN his one and only good move of taking barkov over drouin was insanely ridiculous at the time. drouin was far and away the obvious choice. his production in juniors was insane at his age. and as for the bad moves, they are legion but the highlights stand on their own for literally anyone to see. you could be a soccer fan from south america and have been baffled by BOLLAND, gudbransen, EXPANSION, demers while retaining, kuba, not offer sheeting kucherov (unless there really is a conspiracy against offer sheeting going on), not resigning jagr for a million, signing matheson to the most he couldve possibly made even if he had a good year b4 he even has that good year, i mean i could go on and on for literally ever. hes just GOT to go. and nows the time. not next year. not tomorrow. now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Jagr seems to be all but done in Calgary. Maybe bring him back for the rest of the season and see if he can rekindle the first line magic?

-ghoste

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Jagr seems to be all but done in Calgary. Maybe bring him back for the rest of the season and see if he can rekindle the first line magic?

-ghoste
i mean at this point id rather just try mccann or malgin in that spot. but at this point i dont think it really matters either way anyways. at least itd be good pr. let him finish out the season here and officially retire in the offseason. retiring a panther would be cool.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

-ghoste
I love Jagr but it seems like age/the injuries finally caught up with him. He pulls his groin, spends five games out, plays for a game or two then reinjures it again... been going on since November at least. IDK, maybe he gets healthy and stays healthy but I wouldn't count on it at this point.

Tdpjets

Dec 30, 2017
jets fan here, looking for a 2nd line center behind schiefele, interested in trocheck or bjugstad, whats the low down on these two, would the panthers deal them?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
jets fan here, looking for a 2nd line center behind schiefele, interested in trocheck or bjugstad, whats the low down on these two, would the panthers deal them?

Trocheck would need an overpayment so no he's not available IMO
Bjugstad could be had but we need more depth on wing, not less.

I'd say Petrovic (6RD), Sceviour (3/4RW), Vrbata (2/3RW) and mostly futures are the makings of our trade block. Possibly Mackenzie (4C) and McGinn (2/3LW) as well.
We want to add, not subtract roster players.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Trocheck would cost a lot. One cause we don't really have anyone in the pipeline that can fill in for him right away(without a huge dropoff).
Bjugstad could be available if Tallon got canned. Can't see him protecting him only to trade him off, but Panthers gonna Panther at times

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Trocheck is about a PPG center who needs wingers who can score off the rush to do well with his line mates. The more skilled they are the better. Has a 200 foot game now and can play PK. He's probably a 1B, not a 2a. Not getting traded unless you're going to trade away something that is an obvious overpayment.

Bjugstad has lost the second and third line center role so I'm not sure he's the guy you're looking for. With less responsibility, playing with a skilled center, he does better on the wing. He can play center though. Cost depending on who you ask will vary, some will be happy you take his contract, others will ask for a lot more than he's worth around here.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hey short question, i know its only beginning of January- But what you expect what we will be or what is the Tendence?

Will we be more sellers or buyers.
Cause in my own thoughts i see us more to be sellers, with all the up and downs during the Season.
But as most Ownders and GM´s see it a bit different, with only 7 Points out of a Wildcard spot every GM Dreams of find the right Player to get into the PO.

And the tendence or what it listen around, that most Deals will be earlier made then on TD.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hey short question, i know its only beginning of January- But what you expect what we will be or what is the Tendence?

Will we be more sellers or buyers.
Cause in my own thoughts i see us more to be sellers, with all the up and downs during the Season.
But as most Ownders and GM´s see it a bit different, with only 7 Points out of a Wildcard spot every GM Dreams of find the right Player to get into the PO.

And the tendence or what it listen around, that most Deals will be earlier made then on TD.
Most likely sellers but we don't have much to sell. Vrbata for a late pick?

No reason for us to be acquiring rentals.

Now if we need to move assets/picks for Hoffman, then buy away.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Don't have much to sell. Unless we give up one of the formerly protected defensemen or a soon to be UFA in Sceviour or Vrbata.

Unless Yandle says to hell with this franchise and waives his NMC.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I still like what I see out of Okposo.

He is clearly rotting away in Buffalo. I wonder if he can be had.
Never struck me as a big effort guy, kinda like Big Nick, with his physical package he should be more dominant, unless he was with Huby/Barky, I think he would be worse or as bad as currently.

He doesnt play with slouches either, Tavares/ROR/Eichel all three would be comparable/better than Trocheck.

Dont see many fits with Buffalo, not interested in Kane either.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Never struck me as a big effort guy, kinda like Big Nick, with his physical package he should be more dominant, unless he was with Huby/Barky, I think he would be worse or as bad as currently.

He doesnt play with slouches either, Tavares/ROR/Eichel all three would be comparable/better than Trocheck.

Dont see many fits with Buffalo, not interested in Kane either.

Especially with the return Buffalo fans want anyways

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Don't have much to sell. Unless we give up one of the formerly protected defensemen or a soon to be UFA in Sceviour or Vrbata.

Unless Yandle says to hell with this franchise and waives his NMC.
Unless we're very close to playoff spot Vrbata will definitely be gone. I'd prefer to keep Sceviour provided we can sign him to a cheap-ish, 3 year max contract. On the D, Petro would be the easiest to deal since he's on a cheap one-year contract (the perfect rental), but it depends on what's Tallon's "vision" for next year.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Bjugstad for a pick and winger prospect, and then good bye

Sceviour is a player we must hold, very good PK, Line play a Vet you wanna keep. Also playing like that i a Team and Franchise like this, show also how professional he do his Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad