GDT: Official Draft Day Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
My preference for #34 would be the defensemen, McKeown and Dougherty in that order. If both of those guys are gone, go with Barbashev. After those 3, not a lot of the players look like top-6 forwards or top-4 defensemen, so I would be perfectly okay drafting a goalie like Demko.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I want McKeown, but would super cool with Dougherty or McInnis as well. Take Thomas with the Avs pick, and hopefully Hunter Smith with our 3rd.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
McKeown would be my first choice for #34 but something tells me he'll already be gone, in which case, I go for MacInnis. Family connection, team player, massive, good defensively... would really like to see him follow his dad's path and be a Flame.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Alright boys who is your top 4 going into tomorrow? I forgot McKeown on my last list:

Ivan Barbashev - LW
Jack Dougherty - D
Ronalds McKeown - D
Thatcher Demko - G (Its nice to have goalie depth, you can flip them for assets like Brossoit)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I want McKeown, but would super cool with Dougherty or McInnis as well. Take Thomas with the Avs pick, and hopefully Hunter Smith with our 3rd.

my top 4 list (since we have only to wait 4 picks):

1. Ivan Barbashev
- These guys that slip are steals in the second round, he should really get a solid look from Calgary. Nothing wrong with getting another high end Center/Winger (convert him to RW even, hell).

2. Ryan MacInnis
- Pedigree. Has raw potential. This is like a Jankowski pick; except you know, in the right place.

3. Roland McKeown
- What our prospect pool needs. This could be a top 3 guy on D if things work out.

4. Brendan Lemieux
- You win with these type of players. He plays exactly like his father; his father was a 4 time Cup winner, and had major rolls in every win. Nothing better in the hockey world than an ******* who can both back it up with his hands and his fists.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Florida or Buffalo will unfortunately take Barbashev, but I'd be thrilled with him to. And I agree, MacInnis reminds me a lot of Jankoski, nothing wrong with stocking up on guys like that. I like Lemieux to, but personally I'd target him more at the Avs pick.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Florida or Buffalo will unfortunately take Barbashev, but I'd be thrilled with him to. And I agree, MacInnis reminds me a lot of Jankoski, nothing wrong with stocking up on guys like that. I like Lemieux to, but personally I'd target him more at the Avs pick.

Don't think he'll be around that high.
He's a pretty high touted prospect, for what he is.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I just have one wish:
Can we stop letting finnish players who were projected to go in or around the top ten fall significantly and fall into Pittsburgh's arms at 22?
k thanks

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I just have one wish:
Can we stop letting finnish players who were projected to go in or around the top ten fall significantly and fall into Pittsburgh's arms at 22?
k thanks

The first one was directly our fault.
The second one we had no control over. :laugh:

But yeah. Without a doubt it always seems like the good teams get these steals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad