GDT: Official Draft Day Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I think Barbashev is long gone before we pick in the 2nd round.

You would think. Still a few players around that would be great to get with that early 2nd rounder. I wouldn't mind taking Brandon Lemieux, not going to be a superstar but his type of game will translate great into the NHL.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I don't want a Russian. To easy for them when things don't go right to escape to the KHL. Not to mention the whole Cervanka situation.

BacklundtoBartschi*

Final pick of the day is John Quenneville.

Don't know much about him.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I don't want a Russian. To easy for them when things don't go right to escape to the KHL. Not to mention the whole Cervanka situation.

The guy plays in the CHL and has for two seasons. He obviously wants to play in NA. ITs nothing like the Cervenka thing, he isn't even Russian.

BacklundtoBartschi*

Barbashev is like the least Russian, Russian hockey player I have seen in a long time, he doesn't even play like a Russian.

Yup.

Really wanted a D at 34, but if Barbashev is there you've got to take him.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick

Barbashev does not play russian style game and has been here for a couple years so there is no Russian factor. How can you compare him to Cervenka? Have you never been to a Mooseheads game against Moncton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad