Official bring back yellow numbers on home jerseys topic

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I hate the white numbers enough that I won't be purchasing one. I'm currently in the market to replace my home Lehtera jersey and would be paying full(ish) price for an Adidas one if they had the yellow numbers. Instead, I'm diligently checking sites that still have RBK Blues jerseys in stock and waiting for a lettered/numbered one to hit the $100 mark. I'll happily pay half price for a jersey I like significantly more than the current jerseys.

Maaaaybe it improves with regular season production values, but I think the jerseys have looked really bland on the 2 games I've watched via Fox Sports Go. We've joined the Lightning in the generic blue/white jersey that looks borderline like a practice jersey when viewed from behind IMO.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
If they go back to yellow then the names have to be in yellow too. I hate when the names and numbers are two different colours.

So with that in mind I don't mind the new look.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I don't LOVE them, but don't hate them either
In all honesty, I'm kind of surprised this isn't the feeling of the majority here.

Personally, I don't really much care that the numbers are white much like how I didn't really care they were yellow either. I think the uniform looks fine either way.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
If they go back to yellow then the names have to be in yellow too. I hate when the names and numbers are two different colours.

Agreed.
The yellow numbering/lettering just made our jerseys have a unique feel. So many teams have white/black numbering.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I haven't seen much of them so I can't really comment but the one game I got to watch I wasn't that impressed with the white.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i will be making a petition soon and sending it to the Blues front office once we get alot of signatures on it. these garbage white numbers/letters better be gone soon.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
the up close view is okay, as you can see the yellow trim and it has the bluesy theme. from the overhead ice view, they look like just blue and white, the yellow trim blends in then and the blues are hard to tell apart from tampa's jerseys

Mar 6, 2012
They look wrong to me. I don't know if they are actually better or worse, but since I'm used to yellow, they look weird.

There is no way they change them in the next few years. I have a feeling they had to make them white to fit in with some sort of design specification from the league.

Are any other teams using non-white numbers this year?

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
They look wrong to me. I don't know if they are actually better or worse, but since I'm used to yellow, they look weird.

There is no way they change them in the next few years. I have a feeling they had to make them white to fit in with some sort of design specification from the league.

Are any other teams using non-white numbers this year?

Sabres and Bruins have yellow numbers, Rangers have red numbers, Flames numbers are black, Oilers and Perds numbers are navy blue...

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
So we swapped the trim color and the secondary color and suddenly one of the best jerseys in the league is the worst and we have to start a petition?

That’s asylum stuff right there.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
2 days in and the petition is already 1/100,ooo of the way there! Let's keep it up!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
dont worry about how many sigs it has. it isnt how you start but how you finish. besides the link is buried deep in the thread so i doubt many people saw it anyways.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
dont worry about how many sigs it has. it isnt how you start but how you finish. besides the link is buried deep in the thread so i doubt many people saw it anyways.

But what about your fan club? Don't they pour religiously over each and every one of your posts, looking for hidden meaning, and insight from your prodigious prognostication powers? Surely they could have found the link, and would have fought over the privilege of being the first to sign.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Does anyone else find it ironic that Dizee wasn't able to predict that his petition would be an abject failure?

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Does anyone else find it ironic that Dizee wasn't able to predict that his petition would be an abject failure?

The problem is he doesn't see it as a failure. This is the same person that thinks being off an a baseball record prediction by 8-13 games is "not a bad prediction."

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The yellow numbers look much better and the white looks dumb IMO, but I honestly don't care that much about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad