(Official) Around the NHL Thread 10.0: We're Bad, But So Is The Pacific Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oiler fans are losing their minds. Yak was injured by a falling linesman and they're going off the deep end. I hate to see the kid get injured but these reactions are over the top hilarious. I didn't even get 100 posts deep and I saw people calling for the official to be suspended, fired, calling him negligent. :laugh: :popcorn:

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Oiler fans are losing their minds. Yak was injured by a falling linesman and they're going off the deep end. I hate to see the kid get injured but these reactions are over the top hilarious. I didn't even get 100 posts deep and I saw people calling for the official to be suspended, fired, calling him negligent. :laugh: :popcorn:

I love overreactions. I remember reading that Pens fans on here were almost unanimous in wanting to waive MAF after his bad playoffs against the Isles. I would of gladly picked him up.

With that said, everybody does it so I'm not going to pick on any fanbases, after this. Anybody see the draft thread where the Rangers picked McIrlath over Taresenko and Fowler?

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

The best was: "Yak should sue that ref"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
In fairness it was an awful reaction by the linesman
It was, but it's instinct to reach out when falling. Players pull other players down every game when falling. At most it's a 2 minute holding penalty. :laugh:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It was, but it's instinct to reach out when falling. Players pull other players down every game when falling. At most it's a 2 minute holding penalty. :laugh:

You obviously didn't see the play!

It is grounds for firing or at least a HUGE fine + suspension!

#yakshouldsue

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it's a 10 minute misconduct, Yak didn't return. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, it sucks Yak got injured out of it though.
It is too bad Yak got hurt, no one wants to see guys get hurt (except Burrows :naughty:), but the irony of it is that Yak is the one who tripped the linesman.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Some guys were saying it was clearly his knee, but I think it's his ankle. He's listed as day-to-day right now, but a further update will probably come out today once they've done further examinations. I do feel bad for him, that looked painful as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad