OFFICIAL APATHETIC THREAD - 15/16 Season

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Interesting thread. Feel the same way. My ************* subscription runs out today... and I'm still undecided about renewing. Hard to believe the organization and players want to win a Stanley Cup so... what am I watching for? I want to watch a team that wants to win. This team is like Cowen - they want to be good.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Surprised to see that I've seen some posters over the course of my time on HF just lose interest in the Sens all together. I understand that sometimes they don't play an exciting brand of hockey and some years are worse than others but I always tune in to watch on gamedays regardless of how the season is going.

I guess it's surprising to me because I was under the impression that most fans on these boards are die hards.

Before anyone goes and say that it doesn't make me a better fan because I watch every game, that's not my intention of this post lol

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We were spoiled during the 00's when we had a stockpile of skilled players. They sure were more fun to watch but then again they always frustrated us when things mattered the most. I'm still very much on board with this decade's team because they always manage to overcome adversity, low expectations and bad coaching.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I don't mind watching a losing team. I've watched every single game of the season for some pretty bad Sens teams. Some Sens teams are more engaging than others. Hard to believe that a team with EK and Anderson and Stone can fail to hold your interest, but that's what is happening. Pesky Sens were not a good team, and they didn't always win, but they were fun to watch. It's just about effort - and for me I think the one big move I want isn't a player but, and it hurts to say this b/c I'm a big fan of his, but it's a change at GM. I feel like at this point what we'll remember about BM is he never was able to land the right guy to help us make a run - which is kinda what happened in Anaheim to him also. Ironic considering how vocal he was about not getting Roberts when he was coach and knew he needed a few parts to win.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Surprised to see that I've seen some posters over the course of my time on HF just lose interest in the Sens all together. I understand that sometimes they don't play an exciting brand of hockey and some years are worse than others but I always tune in to watch on gamedays regardless of how the season is going.

I guess it's surprising to me because I was under the impression that most fans on these boards are die hards.

Before anyone goes and say that it doesn't make me a better fan because I watch every game, that's not my intention of this post lol

For me personally, i am starting to lose interest because it is practically the same thing game after game. Out shot, bad defense, inability to possess the puck for a long time in the offensive zone, etc... Getting healthy won't change this being that we played like this before players starting getting injured.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I've followed the Sens since 93 so I've witnessed some bad Sens teams. At times I feel that it isn't so much the Sens but the NHL product that's making it really hard to watch these days. I just think for whatever reason the product as a whole has been subpar this season. Lack of emotion and just collecting a paycheck and going through the motions. I feel like you'd always get that in an 82 game season but it usually occurred in the dog days of February.

Now they happen the second week into October. Perhaps it's also the rule changes that caused this. And I also hate video review. To me it's made the NFL pretty unwatchable too. To nitpick every goddamn play over and over sucks the life and emotion right out of the game.

Just my two cents. I'll always consider myself a diehard and will always follow the team, but man I'm not sure about this on ice product as it's currently packaged.

Edit: wow just read the previous page. I just wrote this and didn't check what was written previously it looks like a lot of us share the same opinion.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I get the frustration and I get extremely disappointed and frustrated as well but the reality is that we have a generational player who HAS changed how D play the game in the last few years and despite some players getting somewhat close in some years the separation he has between other defenders points wise is startling.

We also have some other very good and still quite young pieces. If we can make some subtle changes to this team (as an example, not to rush them but IF White AND Chabot could be ready to play NHL next year) we can see a significant improvement.

It really does come down to the GM, whoever it may be, making a few "tough" decisions to jettison some dead weight and pick up a few spare parts to improve the team.

The coach putting the top PP unit back together in addition to some other seemingly obvious moves would go a long way too.

I may get frustrated but I will never be apathetic and really this is the type of thing that can give fodder to rivals when they discuss Senators fans being so lame...but our crowd volume and energy is another thread entirely.

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
Honestly any team with erik karlsson playing the way he is should be a stanley cup contender... We're just a bubble team. Some of us want to pay heavy for a few free agents and some of us want to wait for chabot/white... If karlsson got injured we'd be a lottery team and sending a single draft pick or prospect away for a rental would be disastrous. We're in a ****** position right now and we need to be patient.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Honestly any team with erik karlsson playing the way he is should be a stanley cup contender... We're just a bubble team. Some of us want to pay heavy for a few free agents and some of us want to wait for chabot/white... If karlsson got injured we'd be a lottery team and sending a single draft pick or prospect away for a rental would be disastrous. We're in a ****** position right now and we need to be patient.

I think this world junior tourney will be very important. If Chabot and White show they are premier prospects and dazzle, I think that will bring some of the excitement back with the fans. And folks might be a little more patient with the team and willing to wait for those kids, knowing we have something special coming up.

(no pressure, kids!)

sens2k9

Aug 8, 2008
Its not just the Sens, its the NHL.
There's TONS of uncalled interference. And just drop the damn puck! Whats the point in not allowing a line change after an icing if you wait 2 minutes before dropping the puck? This is the biggest "flow" problem in the game, and its what makes the game unwatchable for me.
These coaches challenges are so backwards its not even funny. We have a million replays... Pull a ref off the ice and put him in the video booth, and let him call things the other guy misses. Allow the guys in New York or Toronto or wherever to signal the timekeeper and blow that stupid horn, like they do when a goal gets scored and they notice it before the refs do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad