OFFICIAL APATHETIC THREAD - 15/16 Season

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Im tired of either being really excited by or disappointed by the Sens. Im content with being indifferent and just going with it. Atleast theres something interesting, good or bad, happening that we can talk about.

meh-cat_featured.png

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I don't think I've ever been as Meh as I have this season.

I've gone from a season ticket holder of several years, to not even having watched a single game on TV yet this year. I just check out the ticker and tune in for a couple minutes every now and then. There's nothing to be even mildly excited about with this team.

If another miracle happens and we somehow sneak into the 8 seed, we're just gonna get stomped out anyway.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This is a good thread.

We all know how this season will end. Somewhere between 10th and 7th. Maybe a few home playoff dates.

Rinse repeat.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
It's really amazing that none of the excitement from the playoff run has carried over to this season. The CTC was lifeless tonight.

WhiteLight*

This is a good thread.

We all know how this season will end. Somewhere between 10th and 7th. Maybe a few home playoff dates.

Rinse repeat.

That's not a good thing. We need to aim higher

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
When does Cameron take the blame?

We got rid of coach who was brought in to win and won the Jack Adams, then replaced him with a rookie coach.

The curse of Paddock.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It's really amazing that none of the excitement from the playoff run has carried over to this season. The CTC was lifeless tonight.

Honestly I think some of it is just because we've done nothing to create excitement.

The last trade the team made was Spezza. The UFA signing I believe was Legwand.
Matt O'Connor was pretty much the only new name in over a year and he's in Bingo (where he should be).

The team was a bubble team, and the team still is a bubble team.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We got rid of coach who was brought in to win and won the Jack Adams, then replaced him with a rookie coach.

The curse of Paddock.

A rookie coach who was 6th in Jack Adams voting this year.

He'll be gone soon then we'll quickly go through the next guy too.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

The organization has done a horrible job capitalizing on last year. That and Melnyk looks like a shell of his former self. The team has nothing to rally around.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
The organization has done a horrible job capitalizing on last year. That and Melnyk looks like a shell of his former self. The team has nothing to rally around.

Honestly, after watching all of the Sens games so far, the team barely looks interested in playing. It's almost as if they'd rather be out to dinner. If the team doesn't care to play hockey, why should I care to spend $60+ dollars to see them?

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Well when you're a cap floor team and have a freak run that will never ever happen again EVER there's not much to capitalize honestly. Last year's playoff push should never have happened. It was fun but...bah all the good it did

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well when you're a cap floor team and have a freak run that will never ever happen again EVER there's not much to capitalize honestly. Last year's playoff push should never have happened. It was fun but...bah all the good it did

Except that the Sens are about 12 million above the cap floor.

If you're going to ***** and whine like a child at least get your information right.

http://capfriendly.com/

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
^ that doesn't seem right to me at all... A higher payroll than the quacks? And a few teams OVER cap?

Either way, the senators are always a bubble team of mediocrity.

Hate to say it, last time I really liked it was when we had the cash line...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I could be off base but , and I certainly do not care in the slightest but.. my impression on how this thread would go is;

Don't care much...

Don't care at all

Could not give a flying...

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Hot or cold can be good. Hot tea or ice cold drink. They can both be satisfying but lukewarm blah who wants that it breeds germs and indifference. That's what apathy is.

Is this about perceived management, coaches and players apathy or fan apathy? If it's fan indifference then they'll quickly stop being fans and turn to something else.

What we really need is a "Dissatisfied thread". Not panicked or pie in the sky happy or apathetic not caring about the team's lacks and being satisfied with the ebbs and flow of the team with no expectations.

IMO the Happiness Thread has more in common with apathy than anything else.

Fans are passionate and should express their opinion on how to improve the team when they are dissatisfied with owners, management, coaches, players and the direction of the team.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

It was a great run and a ton of fun. I enjoyed every second of it.

But, looking back............all ti really did was raise expectations to an unobtainable level...

...and screw us out of a top 10 (possibly #1) pick in the strongest draft in over a decade. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad