Official 24CH TV show thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
The tone and speech never change. That's the problem. Atleast IMO, I dont see how he can motivate anyone with those speeches. Atleast the ones we see on TV.

He has to change it up, maybe change his tone of volume while hes making speeches. I cant tell the difference between any of his speeches.

Good point.

"Let's go boys"
"Let's work hard boys"
"boys boys boys"

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gorges banther is really annoying in 24CH...as someone who'se played hockey at a competitive level from 10 to 21 y/o, i'd think that alot of players must be annoyed by him. I would.
Without a doubt. One thing if this guy was playing like Subban but...

Some guys should fly under the radar and he's one of them. I'm not impressed and if they even think of giving the C to this guy...
The tone and speech never change. That's the problem. Atleast IMO, I dont see how he can motivate anyone with those speeches. Atleast the ones we see on TV.

He has to change it up, maybe change his tone of volume while hes making speeches. I cant tell the difference between any of his speeches.
He should just stop altogether...

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
Without a doubt. One thing if this guy was playing like Subban but...

Some guys should fly under the radar and he's one of them. I'm not impressed and if they even think of giving the C to this guy...

He should just stop altogether...

I would be afraid that as Captain of this team he'd feel in right to make those speeches all the time.

As a Captain or Leader of any group, you have to shut up sometimes, and you have to gauge when its the proper time for you to make a speech. From what i'm seeing on 24CH, i don't think Gorges has that ability.

I'd be incredibly annoyed if my Captain would just lean on his thighs, scanning the room for eye contact, saying generic things like "lets work hard boys, keep skating hard boys, lets work hard on the wall boys."

That being said, in 24CH, Gionta doesn't look like much of a Captain either.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Prust seems to be more of a leader IMO than Gorges. Based on the limited amount of 24CH I've watched.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Gorges banther is really annoying in 24CH...as someone who'se played hockey at a competitive level from 10 to 21 y/o, i'd think that alot of players must be annoyed by him. I would.

And yet, that one game he wasn't there, Subban took his place and used the same comments to fire up the team. The narrator even said something like "In Gorges' absence, Subban fires up the team."

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
And yet, that one game he wasn't there, Subban took his place and used the same comments to fire up the team. The narrator even said something like "In Gorges' absence, Subban fires up the team."

Thing is.. I wasnt sure if Subban was mocking Gorges or not.

I have no problem with "LETS GO RED" Every team does that before the game starts..

I have a problem with his boring speeches when things go wrong.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
I must have missed that, care to paraphrase what Subban said?

did he say "lets go boys" more times than none?

PK: "HERE WE GO BOYS! HERE WE GO BOYS! LETS GO BOYS!"
Someone else: "****ING ALRIGHT!"
PK: "HERE WE GO BOYS!"

That's as well as I could hear it. The narrator is speaking over him in some parts and saying:
French:"En l'absence de Gorges, PK encourage les troupes. Deuxieme 20".
Translation: "In Gorges' Absence, PK encourages the troops. Second 20"

Analyzer*

The only thing wrong with Gorges is the tone he uses most of the time. It's very monotone and there's no emotion behind it. No one is going to get riled up by a monotone voice.

He's gotta saying it with some intensity.

Let's ****ing get going, boys. No more ***** footing it around. Get the ****ing puck out or else it's going to cost us. Come on, boys. We can do it. Now let's ****ing go.

To the people who think swearing is only used by people who can properly articulate themselves are just tools who don't understand that vulgarity carries more merit towards passion, especially anger than any high society word can.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
True, never seen any leadership from Gionta on 24ch.

They also barely show him.

Meh. Same with Markov & Plekanec. Those guys don't need to tallk to lead the way. Yes Gionta is behind Plekanec & Markov may be ahead in terms of play, but Gionta is just as disciplined and plays the right way. I'm no fan of Gionta but I think it's not fair to discredit his leadership because of 24CH.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I wonder who Bergevin and Therrien were talking about in the video room..

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Listening to Therrien's speeches pisses me off, I can just imagine how the players feel. Always the same boring respect, first on the puck, shoot at the net stuff. No kidding. It's getting old real fast.

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Listening to Therrien's speeches pisses me off, I can just imagine how the players feel. Always the same boring respect, first on the puck, shoot at the net stuff. No kidding. It's getting old real fast.

I think it was Babcock who said it, one of the hardest things about being a coach is having to say the same thing over and over again, while having it sound new and original.

With that said, it doesn't seem as though Therrien's very good at that :laugh:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Gorges "speeches" bother me as well. Nothing wrong with speaking up, I did so when I played during my teen years, but stop being so robotic.

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
One thing about Therrien, when talking to the players is it just me or does he always talk in parables?

He's never specific in his directions, always way too vague. Players need direction, not just told to grind more, or bring respect to the coaches.

Gerard Gallant on the other hand seems far more adept when talking about tactics.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
One thing about Therrien, when talking to the players is it just me or does he always talk in parables?

He's never specific in his directions, always way too vague. Players need direction, not just told to grind more, or bring respect to the coaches.

Gerard Gallant on the other hand seems far more adept when talking about tactics.

They also don't show the whole thing. But yeah, the speeches that are shown kinda suck.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Heard MT with a new one-liner in the last episode: "It's our groups against them". I take it we have more factions to throw at the opposition, which appears to be more homogeneous according to MT. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad