Official 23 Man Roster - Don't Freak Out Edition.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
It would but GMGM said he is staying up. If nothing happens I'm guessing they waive Griffin Reinhart

Yup, that's my guess too. Reinhart or Hunt will get waived on Thursday, and Shippy gets called back up on Friday. I imagine Tuch and Theodore will stay in Chicago until a trade or two is made.

And yes, this means I see us going 12F/8D/3G on opening night.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So Ship cannot even practice with the Knights until he is back up? That is not good at all for a new player not only to the team, but to NA.

This could seriously sour Ship on the team. GM should have handled this much better.

Not a good idea to piss off one of your top players.

Reactions: Morrison

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
So Ship cannot even practice with the Knights until he is back up? That is not good at all for a new player not only to the team, but to NA.

This could seriously sour Ship on the team. GM should have handled this much better.

Not a good idea to piss off one of your top players.

I don't think there is a rule that Ship has to leave the Knights. Same as Neal can stay with the Knights too. Now they might waive someone because of a f***ing goalie who isn't ready.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Assigned to AHL - guy has to head to AHL. Having him sit around LV when assigned to AHL could be grounds for NHL sanctions for cap/rule circumvention.

Neal is IR. Whole different kettle of fish.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Excuse my ignorance, but did they ever give a reason as to why Ship got sent down? That was your biggest signing, and it still confuses me as to why it happened.

I can understand why Theodore and Tuch got sent down, but don't understand Ship.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Excuse my ignorance, but did they ever give a reason as to why Ship got sent down? That was your biggest signing, and it still confuses me as to why it happened.

I can understand why Theodore and Tuch got sent down, but don't understand Ship.
They had to make the roster deadline and apparently they weren't ready to waive Pickard. Ship has waiver exemption.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't think there is a rule that Ship has to leave the Knights. Same as Neal can stay with the Knights too. Now they might waive someone because of a ****ing goalie who isn't ready.

Assigned to AHL - guy has to head to AHL. Having him sit around LV when assigned to AHL could be grounds for NHL sanctions for cap/rule circumvention.

The NHL implemented rules some years ago requiring players to actually report to the AHL team to reduce the "paper" transactions.

Haven't seen any details if that's been tweaked in recent years, or maybe they don't enforce it right now as the AHL regular season doesn't kick off until Friday.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Flames fan in peace. Rough roster in a lot of ways but really looking forward to seeing you guys play. I dislike San Jose and Arizona, and actively hate all the other teams in our division, so I am pulling for you guys (never above/against the Flames of course) to exceed expectations, but enjoy it regardless.

Hoping to one day see our two teams at the top of our division battling it out. Pittsburgh is my second team because I've liked them since I was a little kid, but at this point just out of curiousity, and the coolness of expansion Vegas is probably my number 3.

Good luck on the season, and if I'm ever off on game nights I may pop into your GDTs provided I'm welcome

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah, the Don't Freak Out title is fitting.

Remember there are going to be lots of moves, some that might not make sense for now. Turnover is always high for expansion teams.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Now that it is what it is, I had a thought - and I could see this very easily happening:

Current roster is 12F/9D/2G
All 3 D that are scratched tonight (Hunt, Merrill, Reinhart) will play tomorrow night.
On Sunday, after every NHL team has played their first game, the most expendable d-man will be waived or traded.
Shipachyov will be called up on Monday, and one of the other forwards will be scratched for Tuesday's home opener (probably Nosek or Leipsic).

We're in a bit of a bind by running 12F tonight, but we have the AMAZING luck of having our AHL team right down the road in Cedar Park - if there are any injuries tonight, they can easily call up an emergency replacement.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Man I feel for you guys, McPhee did a similar thing back when he was our GM where he kept shuttling Orlov between the NHL and AHL 3 times a week, forcing him to spend 12 hours a week driving so his KHL out clause wouldn't kick in (and maybe some other minor CBA bull) while not playing him at the NHL level. He has a long history of treating players like crap and high end FAs avoided us like the plague back when we had the best chance at the cup.

Really want Vegas to succeed and wreck the Pacific but you're stuck with a Milbury tier GM who had a generational talent and a Nicklas Backstrom fall into his lap.

Reactions: Morrison

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
was kind of hoping to hear McPheel had caved and waived somebody today

on today's episode of Shipwatch
the-lighthouse-keeper-gale-cochran-smith.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad