Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Just read a bit on TSN's trade rumors and saw this:

"Kuzma lists the Chicago Blackhawks as a potential landing spot for Hansen, citing 2012 second-rounder Ville Pokka as a fitting return.

According to Kuzma, Canucks general manager Jim Benning is looking to make his team younger and faster at the trade deadline – loading up on draft picks is not part of the plan."

What I got out of this are two things: 1) Hansen might be traded cheap. 2) If we aren't interested in loading up picks then we MIGHT end up buying.

Looking forward to a royal F***ING mess of a TDL and summer.

All heil Benning!!!

EDIT: Not 100% sure of Kuzma's reliability, if someone can clarify how reliable he has been in the past it'd be great.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007

"Kuzma lists the Chicago Blackhawks as a potential landing spot for Hansen, citing 2012 second-rounder Ville Pokka as a fitting return.

According to Kuzma, Canucks general manager Jim Benning is looking to make his team younger and faster at the trade deadline – loading up on draft picks is not part of the plan."

What I got out of this are two things: 1) Hansen might be traded cheap. 2) If we aren't interested in loading up picks then we MIGHT end up buying.

All heil Benning!!!

EDIT: Not 100% sure of Kuzma's reliability, if someone can clarify how reliable he has been in the past it'd be great.

Seems to have an in with this management group, from what I've seen.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Yeah, I don't really see the team trading for picks, or if they do I could see them trading picks for guys in their 20s. Management isn't going to want to wait around for 18 year olds to develop; they want guys who can help the team win as early as next season.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

All heil Benning!!!

Zero interest in a Hansen for Pokka straight up trade. Pokka and a 1st round pick sure, but if Hansen isn't worth that much then I'd rather just hold on to him.

Ugh, this deadline is going to be a ****ing mess. Quite possibly we could be at the moment where this franchise gets utterly gutted and decimated, saddled with low valued assets and set back at least a decade.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Yeah, I don't really see the team trading for picks, or if they do I could see them trading picks for guys in their 20s. Management isn't going to want to wait around for 18 year olds to develop; they want guys who can help the team win as early as next season.

That's fine IF you are a good at evaluating talent. That is very much in question.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

Building a team of players smarter management groups gave up on.

Not a great plan when our GM's strongest suit seems to be drafting and his weakest seems to be trading.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
We will give them next years 1st rounder so that the people can't cheer for tanking next year.

I hope it's this year's pick. I hope we trade this year's 1st round pick to the Jets for Andrew Ladd, miss the playoffs, win the draft lottery, and Ladd walks on July 1.

Sadly you'll still have some people saying "well at least he tried, the SEdinz are only here for a few more years so we have to win da cupz before they leave." But hopefully by this series of events we will start turning more and more people against the three stooges and force change sooner than later.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Building a team of players smarter management groups gave up on.

Not a great plan when our GM's strongest suit seems to be drafting and his weakest seems to be trading.

Not an issue if we focus on drafting and less on trading. But of course when said GM is trading his draft picks for magic beans, which is precisely what's happening, we have a problem.

Canucks gonna be combining the worst aspects of the Flames and our neighbor to the east who must not be named - awful goalie, awful defense, no platinum talent, and no chance to get a good pick, can't get into playoff or past round 1, just a bunch of confused overpaid morons skating like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off while the rest of the league point and laugh at how unbelievably STUPID this management group is.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Price and Sekeres getting started here. Been waiting for this since the trade was announced yesterday.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I hope it's this year's pick. I hope we trade this year's 1st round pick to the Jets for Andrew Ladd, miss the playoffs, win the draft lottery, and Ladd walks on July 1.

Sadly you'll still have some people saying "well at least he tried, the SEdinz are only here for a few more years so we have to win da cupz before they leave." But hopefully by this series of events we will start turning more and more people against the three stooges and force change sooner than later.

0005_SNICKERS_Bar.jpg

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I would more than support McCann and Hamhuis for Drouin ... I would love it.

As a Canuck fan from Halifax, it would be amazing - he's a special player.

Mc Hammer for Drouin?
:laugh:

Jokes aside I would consider Mc+something OR Hammer+something for Drouin but most certainly not both.

No way am I supporting paying 2 goddamn 1st round picks for someone like JD.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Mc Hammer for Drouin?
:laugh:

Jokes aside I would consider Mc+something OR Hammer+something for Drouin but most certainly not both.

No way am I supporting paying 2 goddamn 1st round picks for someone like JD.

I was hoping to pair Drouin up with McCann, and have Baertschi paired with Horvat on the opposite line.

Drouin-McCann-Boeser
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

All heil Benning!!!

Pokka for Vrbata would be OK, I guess.

Pokka for Hansen would be a joke of a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad