Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
tsn-tradecentre-iphone_65451.jpg

images

Byjc5yrIMAEcqD0.jpg

Buyers or Sellers? Let the speculating begin.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Both - the poll's missed option.

Sell a few vets if you can Higgins, Weber, Vrbata
Buy some youth, especially D right side
But basically I expect a non-event

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Don't really expect much to happen, maybe a few minor moves but overall I think we will all be left disappointed. Sigh, the life of a Canucks fan :(

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I have a weird feeling Benning trades for Drouin. Source? My gut.

Would I be happy? Definitely, but I don't know if I could stomach what we would have to give up.

Also could you or someone put the date and time of the TDL in the title?

Last edited:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
what's written in purple marker on the whiteboard?

also what's the difference between black and blue names?

take the iphone out of the photo and that scene could be right out of 1979

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
what's written in purple marker on the whiteboard?

also what's the difference between black and blue names?

take the iphone out of the photo and that scene could be right out of 1979

It's the up to date lines of every team around the league. I'm pretty sure the guys highlighted in blue are ones he's interested in/intrigued by. Can't tell you what the purple is. Maybe prospects?

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
It's the up to date lines of every team around the league. I'm pretty sure the guys highlighted in blue are ones he's interested in/intrigued by. Can't tell you what the purple is. Maybe prospects?

Purple would probably be callups/prospects in the AHL

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Jets fan coming in peace.

I also thought that photo was from way back until I saw the iphone. That board is hecka intriguing though, isn't it? I personally wonder if blue means "want" or "probably untouchable." Looks like Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both blue. Sure wish I could see the Jets' board.

I won't vote, because I'm not a Nucks fan, but I sure wish you'd buy from the Jets! I think Andrew Ladd would be a great fit on your end:naughty:. Might even be able to squeeze one last serious run out of the twins, and it could be some great experience for some of your youngins coming up.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

I also thought that photo was from way back until I saw the iphone. That board is hecka intriguing though, isn't it? I personally wonder if blue means "want" or "probably untouchable." Looks like Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both blue. Sure wish I could see the Jets' board.

I won't vote, because I'm not a Nucks fan, but I sure wish you'd buy from the Jets! I think Andrew Ladd would be a great fit on your end:naughty:. Might even be able to squeeze one last serious run out of the twins, and it could be some great experience for some of your youngins coming up.

Benning's roster board is peculiar for sure. I'm pretty sure the uploader applied a minor blur effect to the board so we can't clearly see it. :laugh:

No dice on Ladd, my friend. This team has to be stripped down to the studs. Chevy should send him to Florida and reunite him with Dale Tallon. I think we'd greatly prefer to see the Panthers load up.

TheBleedingEdge

Feb 13, 2012

Blue may be untouchable or unlikely, black is more attainable? Purple maybe is targeted players or known to be on the block.

Really interesting, I wish it was better definition.

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
Blue may be untouchable or unlikely, black is more attainable? Purple maybe is targeted players or known to be on the block.

Really interesting, I wish it was better definition.

I refuse to believe, after all my years of watching crime dramas, that there isn't an enterprising poster out there willing to enhance this photo so we can all be privy to Benning's inner thoughts. And yes, I believe this man would in fact have his strategy mapped out for all to see on a whiteboard with photog's all around because that's just how he rolls.

Anyone?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
tbn:ANd9GcQ-EQUZB-

Buyers or Sellers? Let the speculating begin.

Again, it all depends on where we are as a team come trade deadline day. If we're within 2-3 points of a playoff spot, we'll be buyers. However - if we're anywhere between 4+ points out with other teams having games in hand, then we'll be sellers. Period.

Unlike the tank crowd, I don't want to see 'selling' of any kind between now and deadline day. Management needs to give players the vote of confidence that if the team is fighting hard enough and is within playoff contention, then management will absolutely support them. It sends a TERRIBLE message to players if your management 'pulls the rug' underneath you 2-3 weeks before deadline day.

Now obviously - if we aren't where we need to be as a team come deadline day, then by all means, sell. However - do not sell every Tom, Dick, and Harry over the age of 27.

-Move Vrbata for a 2nd (I'd say 1st but I can't see it happening). I would actually consider moving Vrbata regardless of whether we're in playoff contention or not (if we're in contention, then only move Vrbata for a 1st otherwise keep him).
-Move Hamhuis for a 1st (a.k.a. The "Vermette" deal where we re-sign him in the off-season).
-Do whatever you can to move Prust or Higgins (although it's likely a no-go at this point).
-If a team is absurd enough to take on Burrows' contract (a la Bieksa/Anaheim), move Burrows and run.
-If someone gives us an unbelievable offer for Hansen or Miller (i.e. 1st rounder), take it and run (I can't see it happening though).

However - IF we are buyers.

-Consider trading 2nd's for highly talented 20-23 year olds that for whatever reason, haven't panned out on their original teams. For example - what Benning did with Baertschi and Vey. Only thing I'd do differently here is focusing on defensemen.

-If you're going to make a true 'hockey' deal, get some young guy aged 22-26 that can help us win now and in the future.

-If you're going to bring in a Brandon Prust type guy again, offer a 4th or 5th at most that will be a UFA at season's end.

On these terms, you can buy. I think what scares most Canuck fans are moves like a 2nd round pick for old vets like Derek Roy. I don't see Benning doing anything like this. Certain posters also have this notion in their heads that Benning will try and trade for a guy like Ladd, but this won't happen (unless I myself have misunderstood Benning and his intentions).

p.s._______________As for my vote, I'll have to vote 'neither' right now because I won't have my mind made up until the actual deadline day or the day before. Come to think of it, if it was up to me, I'd consider doing BOTH if I was Benning (with whom I'd target listed above).

Last edited:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Clearly selllers - but also buyers in a way.

Part of the rationale for a tank is to call up the prospects from Utica to allow them to gain NHL experience. In order to do that we probably need to acquire some minor league players so that Utica doesn't look like Kalamazoo.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
With Edler injured they really need Hamhuis. Their defense is struggling now without him they may as well blow it up. If they trade him they have given up, so I don't see them doing that. If Edler were healthy then maybe they could move him.

I am against getting late first round draft picks for players they can use, or just accumulating a bunch of picks. To me the draft is weak. McSaviour was sooo last year. I would much prefer the vets we trade return defensive prospects who play the right side. Now that Buff is off the table, there is no one on defense that I am excited about who are UFAs. Trading for a prospect is our best hope to fill a vital need. Looking at next year we could have a competitive D if we resign Hammer and get one good right side D:

Tanev Edler
NEED Hamhuis
Sbisa Hutton
Biega Pedan

My hope is their biggest NEED is filled at the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad