GDT: Official 2013 Draft Day thread III: Oilers take Nurse @7. MacT adds more picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
My honest opinion? The Oilers feel they have no legit NHL forward prospects. Zharkov and Harski to the KHL. Pitlick, Hamilton, Martindale bust. Pelss, rest in peace. Moroz and Ewanyk? Maybes.

Lander and Rajala maybe.

Load up draft 6 forwards with upside. Hope for the best?

You just proved their draft record in those rounds is nothing to write home about.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well this gives us lots to talk about and research because I highly doubt many of us will be too familiar with all these Oilers picks when it's all said and done.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
According to TSN, Adam Tambellini's "compete level" is about the same as his old mans

clynch

Sep 10, 2007
www.poolhardy.com
Pronger is coaching Holmgren in how to mess over the Oilers.

"Paul, tell him that the player we wanted is gone but that we'll be happy to take later picks for Colburn. Muhaha."

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
You just proved their draft record in those rounds is nothing to write home about.

We'll yes, but they drafted for size and intangibles! MacT pretty much said he didn't like our draft style.

I dunno. Unless he's saving all his cap space cause he has Vinny in the bag and Horton and speed dial I'm lost.

That or Horc and Hemsky are bringing in a 4th line. Hell if I know what's going on.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
You guys are giving MacT and the scouts too much credit. I don't think they expected to have the picks available so didn't have a good plan. I doubt they're calling these teams for these picks..Most likely the other way around and because they don't really have any players on their lists, they're saying sure to trading down.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Also like Patrik Bartosak for a goaltender. WHL goaltender of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad