GDT: Official 2013 Draft Day thread III: Oilers take Nurse @7. MacT adds more picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
This year is extremely deep. Diaby could be a big punishing defenseman. Kostalek is also mean and has some serious skills on the puck for a 6' defenseman, big open ice hitter. Jimmy Lodge could help with the #2/3 C spot. I love Dylan Labbé out of Shawinigan, could be Letang-like home-run pick. Yakimov, Buchnevich. Eric Roy. Michael Giugovaz has starter's potential out of a terrible team, could be worth a shot as a goaltender. Vincent Dunn is the true Brad Marchand out of the Q this season, he's worth a shot. Lucas Wallmark, Mason Geertson, Victor Crus Rydberg... Martin Reway... Jordan Subban.

We're still getting some good players out of this. I like what we've done today.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
So we trade 37 for 83, 88, 94, 96, 113. Either MacT is a genius or an idiot!

It's where you win drafts. If there's 120 kids on your list and you know between 80-120 you can score on a few, you do it every time.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
My honest opinion? The Oilers feel they have no legit NHL forward prospects. Zharkov and Harski to the KHL. Pitlick, Hamilton, Martindale bust. Pelss, rest in peace. Moroz and Ewanyk? Maybes.

Lander and Rajala maybe.

Load up draft 6 forwards with upside. Hope for the best?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe MacT doesn't know that Bolland was traded
He's trying to acquire all of these 3rd and 4th rounders :laugh:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Does Coburn have any movement clauses? Because the last mention of any conversation was when the Oilers went to talk to Coburn's agent.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Canucks still listening on Edler...

Maybe MacT can miss out on Edler, get frustrated and trade down for some 37th rounders. I mean.... It's a deeeep draft and Stu is the magnificent *******, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad