Wellwood
Mitchell

on the wing
Earl
Williams
Sagat
Volkov

:( I know we need some help on the wing
Hopefully we see the Leafs take wingers in the next draft, a bunch of them. We're really strong at centre, defense, and good in net with Tellqvist, Pogge, and Racine.

The wings are a major problem and probably the main reason people say the Leafs system is poor, which it's not.

leafaholix*

417 TO MTL said:
Why would you say that I ask?

Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec and Alexander Perezhogin have all had success in the AHL, and I don't see why they can't make the NHL in the very near future...

Kostitsyn, I will give to you, has alot of work to do on the rest of his game, but the skills are there, it's just a matter of adjusting right now...

Kyle Chipchura has everything needed to become a solid pro in the NHL, he'll use the next 2 to 3 years to improve his skating explosiveness and his shot, but apart from that, I don't see any glaring weaknesses...

Marcel Hossa has struggled with consistency in his career, but he's only 22yrs old, and if he didin't have the name Hossa on the back of his jersey, I'd bet alot more people would be higher on him, everybody acts so disapointed in him, but really they're just comparing him to his brother, and that is unfair IMO...

So I don't know if i'd say that there are alot of hit or miss prospects in Montreal
I left out Perezhogin, Higgins, and Plekanec for a reason, if they don't score, they're still usefull hockey players. I know Plekanec would still be a good #3/4 forward without the offense, Higgins as well, he's a great defensive player... and apparently Perez is "usefull". As long as he's not batting anyone over the mellon.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Leafaholix said:
I left out Perezhogin, Higgins, and Plekanec for a reason, if they don't score, they're still usefull hockey players. I know Plekanec would still be a good #3/4 forward without the offense, Higgins as well, he's a great defensive player... and apparently Perez is "usefull". As long as he's not batting anyone over the mellon.

Ohh...I see...my mistake

Vic Rattlehead*

Boston has a load of forwards, but many 2nd/3rd liners and no 1st line prospects.

Vic Rattlehead*

Oh, I forgot to add who I think has the best forward depth. Washington.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
19bruins19 said:
Oh, I forgot to add who I think has the best forward depth. Washington.

Maybe it's just me, and I hope I don't get flamed for this, i'll say it as respectfully as possible...

IMO, you take out Ovechkin, and Washington's forward prospect depth isin't that great, in fact I find it middle of the road"ish"...but I guess that's why Ovechkin was a #1 pick, he carries alot weight among prospects, and I guess his addition alone should bring up a a teams prospect depth...

I like Semin and Fehr alot as well, but apart from that, there's really no one that jumps out at me...though I don't know that much about the rest of their prospects, they have a few prospects in their system who have already been traded once or twice before they even played 1 NHL game, that can't be a good sign

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
417 TO MTL said:
Maybe it's just me, and I hope I don't get flamed for this, i'll say it as respectfully as possible...

IMO, you take out Ovechkin, and Washington's forward prospect depth isin't that great, in fact I find it middle of the road"ish"...but I guess that's why Ovechkin was a #1 pick, he carries alot weight among prospects, and I guess his addition alone should bring up a a teams prospect depth...

I like Semin and Fehr alot as well, but apart from that, there's really no one that jumps out at me...though I don't know that much about the rest of their prospects, they have a few prospects in their system who have already been traded once or twice before they even played 1 NHL game, that can't be a good sign

You can't say *apart from Ovechkin, Semin, and Fehr*. That's a blue-chip threesome and contributes to the quality of depth. But since you need examples, I'll give you a few:

The following were 1st or 2nd round picks:

Boyd Gordon, Sutherby, Klepis, Fleischmann, Aulin, Bourque, Johansson.

Laich was the centerpiece of the Bondra deal.

The prospects McPhee acquired in trades were acquired for name players- Lang, Carter, Konowalchuck, Grier.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
EroCaps said:
You can't say *apart from Ovechkin, Semin, and Fehr*. That's a blue-chip threesome and contributes to the quality of depth. But since you need examples, I'll give you a few:

The following were 1st or 2nd round picks:

Boyd Gordon, Sutherby, Klepis, Fleischmann, Aulin, Bourque, Johansson.

Laich was the centerpiece of the Bondra deal.

The prospects McPhee acquired in trades were acquired for name players- Lang, Carter, Konowalchuck, Grier.

Well I didn't say apart from Ovechkin, Semin and Fehr...I said apart from Ovechkin, as he's on another level...

Yes, Semin and Fehr are great prospects who i'm very high on, but other teams have prospects who are just as good if not better, but after those 2, there's not much there IMO, although, i'm no expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt...

Boyd Gordon and Brian Sutherby should be good servicable players in the NHL one day, probably 3rd and 4th line type players...

I don't think very much of Klepis, Fleischmann and Aulin, I don't think any of them is going anywhere fast, again, just IMO

Bourque despite his small stature is one to keep an eye on, same with Johansson

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa would have had a pretty sad lot if not for the solid starts of Eaves, Wick and Kaigorodov.
The entire list is pretty short:

Kaigorodov
Eaves
Mirnov
Bochenski
Wick
Weller
Regin
Nikulin

Luckily Vermette still counts as a prospect under HF rules!

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Everyone is going to pick their home team.

So here is Anaheims:

Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Chris Kunitz
Tim Brent
Curtis Glencross

lesser known guys:
Joel Perrault
Pierre Parenteau
Matt Aufrey
Shane Hynes

Young players who aren't prospects anymore:
Joffrey Lupul
Stan Chistov
Alexei Smirnov
Michael Holmqvist

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
417 TO MTL said:

also respectfully, double check my friend
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=28

washington has a great great mix

AG9NK35DT8*

For NYR:
________
FWDS: Jed Ortmeyer, Garth Murray, Dwight Heliminen ( as some good 3rd line grinding role players) Guys like J.Balej, Nigel Dawes, Jessiman, Bruce Graham, Jarko Immonen ( some solid offensive minded players )
Defense:Fedor Tyutin (#2or3), Thomas Pock(#2,3 or 4 ) Kondratiev(TOP 6 somewhere), Jake Taylor, Dave Liffiton ( bothhave top 6 potential),Ivan Baranka(#3or4)

And NYR will not do so good if there is a season so Im sure they will get some very solid picks in this upcoming draft 2005 couple names pop in my head i would love for them to acquire.

If anything NYR prospects are among the top 10 in the league.IMO

hockeyfan33

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
here's the Kings list:

Cammalleri,
Brown,
Lehoux,
Kanko,
Pushkaryev,
Tukonen

Cammalleri and Lehoux are 1-2 in AHL scoring and Brown is 8th.

I don't know if Steckel and Karlsson are worth mentioning in that list.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Florida's is good especially when you consider Olesz's underrated offensive ability:

Not prospects but close with sick offensive potential:
Vaclav Nedorost, Steve Weiss, Juraj Kolnik

Prospects with great offensive potential:

Rostislav Olesz: incredible vision and hockey sense and sees the ice well, knows where to be on the ice
Stefan Meyer: 17 g in 21 games in a tight WHL.
Roussin: #2 in QMJHL, not only cuz Crosby
Kamil Kreps: super offensive talent, has skating, hands, sense etc...
Globke: was a top scorer in college for Notre Dame
Anthony Stewart: one of the leading Kingston scorers and top prospect in the NHL
Nathan Horton: Self explanitory
Petr Taticek: Great vision and offensive instincts

Others: David Booth, Vince Bellissimo both have solid offense, Bellissimo potentially being a sleeper prospect. Campbell and Olson also have solid offense.

Defensively :

Bouwmeester is just graduated

Lukas Krajicek-premier offensive dman prospect
Filip Novak-was a stud offensive dman too but got hurt so he will have to rebound
Drew Bagnall-2 way offensively inclined Dman in college
Martin Tuma- 5 goals 5 assists in 20 games for SSM.
Jeremy Swanson- more of a defensive dman, but has offensive ability too.

Factor in VanRyn and Hill and FLA has one of the most offensive d core in the league.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Edmonton:
Schremp :D

potential but has yet shown consistency:
Pouliot, Niniimaki, MacDonald, Reddox, Salmeleinen, Rita and Mihknov

The one guy who I think has tons of potential and seems to be turning the corner of late is Dragan Umicevic. Hopefully he maintains his work ethic and development.;)

Edmonton has solid prospects coming up (lots of second/third liners) and a solid (not spectacular, but very solid) defense corp (Lynch, Woywitka, Green, Tesliuk, and Svensk) but but other then Schremp, there's no true sniper/superstar potential. The Oilers took a gamble on both Niniimaki and Pouliot and not to say they won't turn out, but last year was a set back for both their developments, due to injuries.

Teams that IMO have the best offensive prospects are WASH, SJ, LA, PHI and NASH

GXL

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota is solid, they love role players and they got a lot of them plus some guys with top 6 ability but...not really great compared to other groups.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I move to rename this thread. "Name Every Single Forward Prospect Within Your Favorite Team's System", seems to be a much more fitting title at this point. :thumbd:

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Washington have Good depth but they are the clear cut #1 because of Ovechkin. If you remove him then there are a few teams who have nearly as good depth as them. Teams like Colombus, LA and Florida have good depth.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Senor Rational said:
Soderberg, Zhakarov, Backes, Shotov all have top line potential but most of them would have B's or C's or D's next to their 8's.

I see Soderberg and Backes with more 2nd line potential, with Backes VERY likely to reach it.

Shkotov definately has top line. I'm not sold on Zhakarov at all, however. He has the potential but is so raw right now and hasn't done much to really solidify his game it seems. I hope he pans out.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
detroit is in the middle of the pack too:

-grigorenko if he can regain his touch
-hudler who was at 1 time over a ppg in the AHL
-mcgrath is top5 in OHL
-Filpulla is showing more offense i thought this year

probably around 18-20 though, but detroit doesnt need more offensive stars upfront, they need a BIG PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad